Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Optimal rune pages

Creator: IceCreamy April 27, 2014 3:25pm
1 2
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 3:47pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

If I get AS marks on Warwick I'll overcap my AS later in the game, so I go for hyprid pen. Same goes for Yi. Also, because you already have so much AS, AD is in most situations better. Especially on someone like Yi where his on-hit effect also scales with AD.

Bla bla bla, math math math, I'm pretty sure the early game damage is way better than the "AS caps at 2.5 a second" thing you'll run into late game. WW doesn't really care about the penetration either. especially because it's an abysmal amount, and you hardly make use of it. Also, it's 16 bonus damage at level 18 per swing. Unless you get a lot of magic pen, you're actually not losing a lot of damage from it. 'cause 100 MR only reduces it to 8 damage a swing. Really not that different.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 6:54pm | Report
When i played Warcraft 3 (old RTS game), there was an old saying that always stuck in my head. It was something along the lines of, "The only thing that's better than crypt fiends, are more crypt fiends."

I think the same ideology can be applied to League, where the only thing better than attack speed w. Flare Junglers, is Flare junglers with more AS.

Sure, the jungler might go past the AS cap, but most of your contributions to a game will likely happen before the whole "Scaling would cause me to reach AS cap" becomes an issue.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 5:11am | Report
Hybrid pen marks are better because as well as helping your clear speed, they do more damage on champions.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 6:59am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

*quote from Vapora from somewhere*

Where was this even said? Not in this thread. And, it hardly increases clear speed. And also hardly increases damage dealt to champions. I mean really. It's 5.5 magic penetration. That's really not going to increase your damage that much.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 7:23am | Report
add sauce or no one believes you

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 11:35am | Report
Clearly Nicknamemy forgot to add a Kappa. Elementary mistake!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 5:22pm | Report
That was probably from before Feral Flare came out and WW got bonus damage per attack. Still hybrid pen is probably reasonable considering your abilities do magic damage and your basic attacks do magic damage with Feral flare up too.

Basically MOBAFire.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 8:11pm | Report
youll end up doing more damage with more AS early than with hybrid pen early and the extra damage you get late game from hybrid pen is negligible (like 6 extra damage per Q) and hitting the AS cap on WW is ok if it means youre getting more AS early so you can do faster clears

is it really that difficult?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide