Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Real talk how do I stop graves on bottom

Creator: OMGchoco November 6, 2011 7:17pm
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 5:42pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Against good Sivir (generally good) players "baiting" isnt rly possibe ofc.

But just take Graves for example:
Use Quickdraw to get yourself in range for Bucket Shot, many player, out of reflex, tend to instantly activate shield.

Works better if you make them believe that you always QD->BS by rly doing it a few times at the beginning.
Should give you 1-2 attempts to get ahead while taking her down without wasting BS.

I wouldn't shield, i would just throw my Boomerang Blade and start auto attacking you.
Tri lane for life.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 5:06am | Report
Thats a "What if..." situation there.

You know it is pointless talking about it that way.

For example:
"I will wait for you to start first, otherwise I'll just a approach, while threating you to retreat or use boomerang and keeping QD to easily avoid it, if I cant do it normally."

It always ends up the same:
Whoever makes a mistake first loses.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 8:11am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Against good Sivir (generally good) players "baiting" isnt rly possibe ofc.

... o_O

HAHAHAH.

Alrighty I'm glad I got that out of my system.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 10:16am | Report
*buahahaa* ...
Nah, not as freeing as i thought.

Good player: Watches the movement of your champ to decide when its time to shield.
Bad player: Gets scared the moment you move suddenly and hits everything he got to avoid a "certain" armageddon. Like those Palas back then in WoW.

So a simple feint like the one i mentioned earlier isnt rly working against the good ones.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 10:18am | Report
Hokay.

You're the pro.

I guess I was just wrong when I said I could bait the shield out of most Sivirs.

Not like mind games are a part of the game.

Not like Pro's don't do that kinda stuff all the time :P
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 10:20am | Report
Maybe you should use less sarcasm from time to time, but I wont burden you with things like deleting half your posts.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 10:51am | Report
*Rolls eyes.

You're saying stuff like "You can't bait a shield out of a good player because they will time your skills."

That's sooooo wrong that I don't even know what to say. I don't want to directly tell you, "Darcurse, that is so wrong that it makes me question whether or not you understand how this works." because that would be rude. So I opted to be sarcastic instead because there's potential that you'd think sarcasm was funny or potential that you would simply walk away from the discussion. Now that you've mentioned my sarcasm and my deleting posts, I feel I have to explain.

If a good player can determine when to shield, then another good player can also determine when not to use his skills and simply dance around.

Also Sivir only has one spell shield. That's not terribly difficult to break, and it should be easy in a duo lane. Just think about Soraka and how easily she'd be able to break the shield.

If you're talking straight up 1v1, good player verse good player, you can CERTAINLY bait the spell shield. At ALL levels of play. Mind games are MORE a part of high level play than they are a part of low level play. Baiting skills, forcing actions, these are advanced concepts for a game like this. If you played fighting games, you would understand that you can always bait a defensive play. Always. It's part of how you win.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 1:01pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

You can't bait a shield out of a good player because they will time your skills.

It's very hard to bait out a skilled player, but that doesn't mean that it's not possible.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 2:20pm | Report
Checking math on both the Q skills.

Assuming Sivir chooses not to shield and they both Q for 1 hit. Sivir will do more if Graves is the only thing hit both in and out.
The only problem with trading is, Sivir will generally lose in the harass/farm trade because her E is on a longer CD than Buckshot and BB will deal less damage depending on when it hits him.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 2:34pm | Report
If anyone does come up with a way to win against Graves I'd love to hear it.

Just lost another bot lane to a Graves + Alistar with Caitlyn + Taric. Granted the only time we actually died in lane was when mid and jungle both came to gank us at tower. Ended up about 30 CS or so behind him, but he was 5/0/3 and I was 2/2/2. =P

It just seems like there's no real way to stop him. If you just fight each other he'll always win with his ******** Q + E + R, and if you harass him he'll just be healed by his support. Plus he seems to farm really really easily.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide