Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Recent PBE Notes: Crushing the Sustain

Creator: NicknameMy February 8, 2014 6:31am
1 2 3 4
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:31am | Report
Doran's Shield
  • HP reduced to 80 from 100
  • HP/5 reduced to 5 from 10

Perseverance
  • Reduced to 0.35 from 0.7

So, it seems that Riot doesn't like the sustain like now.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:34am | Report
yay nerf everything more. it is totally not like literally everything is ridicoulusly underpowered right now.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:38am | Report
If everything is underpowered, nothing is underpowered, yknow?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:40am | Report
@ NicknameMy

If you're going to make a post like this, at least add the explanation from Riot (Xypherous) about these Doran's Shield nerfs (this was posted a week ago):

Quoted:

Just a quick note because this will hit PBE soon (Monday) and will probably require some decent scrutiny / input. I also wanted to provide a quick heads up to head off the storm of conjecture these kinds of things usually do.

Testing some fairly severe Doran's Shield nerfs - going kind of ham on the initial testing numbers to try to quickly find the point where it makes or breaks things.

Doran's Shield is warping the bottom lane matchups and pick structure right now fairly significantly. The relative power of the item has also dramatically increased due to the mastery / vision / support changes and so the item is just better in every respect this season compared to last.

What this means is that certain harass based characters are basically in a weird twilight state where they get stomped heavily and also have to pick up shield in order not to get counter bursted by the same ones using Doran's Shield.

Doran's Shield
  • 100 Health --> 80 Health
  • 10 HP/5 --> 5 HP/5
  • 8 Block --> Unchanged

The idea behind hitting just the Health / HP/5 is to enable magic-based harassment still effective while also keeping Doran's Shield strong against ranged attacks (I.E. I am fighting Caitlyn and Lulu and I hate my life.)

We like the item's niche - but at the moment it's just too generically good against a wide array of matchups at the moment and shuts down both counterburst and harassment strategies a little too hard.

I suspect that the HP/5 nerf is a bit much and we'll have to reassess the strength of some mid-laners who rely on the item. As for 'Why do this now?' kind of issues - We're in the middle of some tier 0.5 item cleanup and Doran's Shield also kind of warps all of those issues, making tier 0.5 items kind of dance around the fact that they'll never compete.

Note that he specifically mentions that these nerfs are probably too harsh and they'll have to change it again in the future based on the feedback.

There are some more posts from him in the comments for those who are interested: click!

@ mastrer

???????????

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:43am | Report

yay nerf everything more. it is totally not like literally everything is ridicoulusly underpowered right now.

mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:53am | Report
i overall dislike league's balancing because it pretty much only consists of nerfing into the ground whatever is overpowered right now, waiting what gets overpowered next and nerfing that.
this is what happened to all the adc's, to the "classic" ap ranged midlaners, to olaf, and to a ton of other champions. The only thing that i am happy about is that one day, everything will be so nerfed that ryze is op again.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 6:55am | Report
Anivia got a massive buff imo.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 7:00am | Report

i overall dislike league's balancing because it pretty much only consists of nerfing into the ground whatever is overpowered right now, waiting what gets overpowered next and nerfing that.
this is what happened to all the adc's, to the "classic" ap ranged midlaners, to olaf, and to a ton of other champions. The only thing that i am happy about is that one day, everything will be so nerfed that ryze is op again.

Riot has no clue on how to balance their own game. Also they keep designing stuff which is essentially broken like targeted CC and resourceless champions.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 9:39am | Report

Riot has no clue on how to balance their own game. Also they keep designing stuff which is essentially broken like targeted CC and resourceless champions.

don't forget insane gap-closers. Why even bother releasing a champion if it doesn't have a gap closer
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 9:49am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

don't forget insane gap-closers. Why even bother releasing a champion if it doesn't have a gap closer

Jinx is the strongest ADC right now and doesn't have any mobility?
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide