Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smite+Revive

Creator: Jebus McAzn December 10, 2010 3:56pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2010 3:56pm | Report
Reading the other Evelynn thread, I was alerted to a combo that I found interesting.

The idea is that you take a jungler, any jungler. Evelynn happened to be the one using this build. You go and clear the Golem/Lizard camp, the wraith camp, wolf camp, and the two small lizards in the Lizard/Golem camp. Then you die intentionally to the Golem/Lizard, and pop Revive, speeding straight to the camp that killed you and killing it while still having very high health.

Proposed jungling path:
-Smite the Blue wraith
-Small Golems in bottom right camp
-Wolf camp
-Take out small lizards in Golem camp
-Die to Golem
-Revive, buy Boots or Long Sword
-Kill Golem
-Kill Lizard
-Begin ganking

Pros:
-Very fast, very safe.
-Enemies get no gold for you dying to a minion.
-Very little loss of down-time.
-Instant replenishment of health/mana after reviving.
-Ability to buy items right as you revive.
-Revive could potentially turn the game around late-game.
-Makes the enemy team underestimate you when they see you die.

Cons:
-Inability to take other summoner spells.

So my question is: Is it worth it?
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2010 4:17pm | Report
If you had great map awareness and a knowledge of enemies skills and where they can hit you then it could work I suppose.
I noticed in the WCG that the Ashe at one time was caught completely out of position. Instead of fighting her way back she tried to commit suicide at their turrets. Having a good "K/D" is just dumb if your team loses.
I'm gonna say it's worth it if you are super-pro.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2010 2:55pm | Report
On junglers the smite+revive tactic is pretty effective and you get a very high marks in your "element of surprise". Getting a good team to go with it will undoubtedly improve its effectiveness quite a bit.

However from what I've learned so far, Revive itself is a very underrated spell and you don't need to only use it on junglers. Any one with high move speed, boots of mobility, or a global ult will be able to use Revive very effectively. I've seen a couple of Revive/pantheons use it and scare the **** out of me. They run into a battle, dish out lots of damage, die, Revive, and then MaaaaaaanDroooooooop, BOOM, Quadra-kill, or something to that effect. Every time it has scared the **** out of me even if we end up winning the team fight anyway or even if the panth is on my team!
Quoted:
I'm gonna say it's worth it if you are super-pro.
But generally you're going to have to be this anyway.

I just want to keep smiling FOREVER
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 11:34am | Report
I remember hearing about this Jungle run when someone was talking about how the #1 Solo Queuer in EU was a Jungle Eve.

I would never figure sacrificing yourself on purpose would be beneficial, but hey, if it works.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 2:00pm | Report
Technically you're not sacrificing yourself as you respawn right after with full health/mana and the enemy isn't getting any gold. I'd love for someone to get video results of this. :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide