Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So...about the Ryze chages

Creator: Opaque_Shadow April 28, 2012 12:45pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 3:30pm | Report
get tear, but save archangels for later.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 4:30pm | Report
So I decided to put some random numbers.
Let's say he deals about 350 damage per Q to an enemy AD Carry (all resists and **** considered).
Let's now say with passive it gets about 1,4 CD.

350 -(1,4 CD)-> cast spell + 300 -(0,1 CD)-> 350 -(1,4 CD)-> cast spell + 250 -(0,1 CD)-> 350.

350+300+250+300 = 1200 damage in roughly 2-3 seconds + extra snare and Ryze being a tank **** machine.

Good luck winning against him, he is like an improved old Vladimir, fml and yes, his ultimate gonna work like a Pool now.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 5:55pm | Report
DPS casters more useful than burst casters in this meta because their late game isn't as gimped against MR stacking. So champs like Ryze/Cass/Karthus fit the DPS caster imo.

I'd get more technical but let's not:

Simple explanation, Annie nukes a durable champ who has 30% magic dmg reduction after you factor in Annie's MPen. She nukes for 1k damage (700 after MR) over 3 seconds or so and has an additional 3 seconds to wait before her Q or W are off cool down.

Now take Cass, same amount of Mpen, her initial combo over 3 seconds is the ~same as Annies (after reductions) so let's say she deals a little less so 600 in her initial burst total, now in the next 3 seconds Cass is able to spam twin fang and reapply noxious blast. Allowing her total damage over 6 seconds to be greater than that of Annie in the same span of time. Hell you could make Annie deal true damage to her target and Cass over 6 seconds will steal deal MORE damage.

Ergo, Ryze will be perma ban worthy...IDK why I had to explain that **** out, coulda just not, but oohhh well.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 10:38pm | Report
"Ryze, the Rogue Mage

Statistics
Health 360 (+86)
Attack damage 50 (+3)
Health regen. 4.35 (+0.55)
Attack speed 0.625 (+2.11%)
Mana 250 (+55)
Armor 11 (+3.9)
Mana regen. 7.0 (+0.6)
Magic res. 30 (+0)
Range 575
Mov. speed 310

Arcane Mastery (Innate): When Ryze casts a spell, all other spells have their cooldown reduced by 1 second.

Overload (Passive): Ryze gains cooldown reduction.

Cooldown Reduction: 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10%

(Active): Ryze throws a charge of pure energy at an enemy unit, dealing magic damage plus additional damage equal to 4% of Ryze's maximum mana.

Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
Range: 675
Projectile speed: 1400

Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 Mana

Magic Damage: 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 (+0.60 per ability power) (+4% of max mana)

Rune Prison (Active): Ryze snares an enemy unit, preventing movement. Upon casting, this spell also deals magic damage plus additional damage equal to 2% of Ryze's maximum mana.

Cooldown: 14 seconds
Cost: 70 Mana
Duration: 1.5 seconds

Magic Damage: 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 (+0.40 per ability power) (+2% of max mana)

Spell Flux (Active): Ryze unleashes a bouncing orb of magical power which bounces to enemy units or himself, up to 5 times (for total of 6 hits). Each bounce deals magic damage plus 2% of Ryze's maximum mana and reduces the target's magic resistance for 5 seconds. Prefer order is: enemy champion, monster, minion, Ryze. Also prefers to hit different targets.

Cooldown: 14 seconds
Splash Range: 700

Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 Mana

Magic Resist Reduction: 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24

Magic Damage: 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 (+0.40 per ability power) (+2% of max mana)

Desperate Power (Passive): Every spellcast, Ryze gains bonus Mana. This stacks up to 10 times and last for 4 sec after the last spell was cast. This mana can't be used to cast spells and will be displayed grey in the HUD.

Bonus Mana: 20 / 40 / 60

(Active): Ryze becomes supercharged, gaining spell vamp and causing his spells to deal 50% AoE damage. Also he gains movement speed for the duration.

Spell Vamp: 25%

Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80 seconds

AoE radius: 200 / 225 / 250

Movement Speed: 30 / 40 / 50

Duration: 8 / 9 / 10 seconds"

For all, which don't want to klick the link. As you see, AP scales now better than Mana, so you can definitly go AP-Ryze. It should be an overall hard nerf to full tank Ryze. Also it is an overall buff to the earlygame and a nerf to the lategame.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 4:39am | Report
Dude, stop **** mentioning you're own "ideas" already...

I appreciate that you stopped BS-"reworking" champs to your own liking and tried to tell everyone how good those are...

But even while Riot isn't one of the best gaming companies to think things through, you haven't the "talent" to correct them.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 5:56am | Report
/facepalm
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 6:06am | Report
Quoted:

/facepalm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 6:52am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Dude, stop **** mentioning you're own "ideas" already...

I appreciate that you stopped BS-"reworking" champs to your own liking and tried to tell everyone how good those are...

But even while Riot isn't one of the best gaming companies to think things through, you haven't the "talent" to correct them.

It seems I ain't the only one to think that then.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 6:55am | Report
These Ryze "nerfs" were more like buffs to his entire game.
More damage early, a smidge less damage later. He doesn't need a perfect runepage to be optimal anymore and you can run a standard caster page on him and still do fine.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 7:34am | Report
Well, my rework did exactly what riot wanted, but in the right way. They wanted to nerf tank ryze and make glass cannon Ryze viable again. Which one fits better to this, my rework or theirs?

Or why my rework would be wrong? Explain that please.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide