Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So..Let's theory craft Ability Power Yi!

Creator: Dante Rebellion January 14, 2011 12:28am
1 2 3 4
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:57am | Report
I'm better with AP Yi, whether AD is better or not. Most people think AD is easier, but 'Master Right-click' is easy to the point of boring. AP Yi takes some actual practice. I wasn't playing against noobs that game, it was very close all game and it lasted FOREVER.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 9:10am | Report
If you play Yi AP you cut off alot of potential.. Yi has been made to be AD and sticking to AD will give you the power to single-handedly carry games
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 9:20am | Report
I'm not good at being a super-carry, I started this game playing with some level 30s (who my boyfriend was friends with) and was conditioned into the back-up carry role. I've gotten a little better, because now I can carry with a couple champions, but Master Yi is not one of them.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 9:38am | Report
I agree wiht you on the lichbane but also agree that most of the teams will stun/silence a meditating Yi, also while he meditates.. he is simply... doing nothing...
AD/Lifesteal/AS will give you way more survivability staying super offensive, not even mentioning the carry aspect. It is always fun to 2 shot someone with AS->Melee+LB-proc, but for that Sion is 10 times better. He stuns you for 10 years (also having HUGE AP ratios) and than shields you down while staying waaaay more tanky and hard to kill than Yi.

The thing about playing a high damage carry champion is that ppl oftenly focus too much on getting champion kills. WHile instead they should feed themselves from killing small creeps.

My golden rule as Yi will always stay the same... "ALWAYS BE KILLING SOMETHING".
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 10:30am | Report
I agree, ignite is bad too, but I take cleanse (just for some security)... The main thing Meditate has is a HUGE Armor/MR boost, so that AP Meditate tankage is hard to get past if the enemy team has no interrupts (which can happen).
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:01pm | Report
Cleanse is a **** summoner spell, idc what anyone says. its ****. kthx, QSS > cleanse
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:56pm | Report
Cleanse is ok bordering on bad. It's only useful on melee carries (like Yi), when you're up against an Ashe (and isn't playing the tank) or when you play Janna against AOE teams.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:57pm | Report
I use it on Yi...lol
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide