Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So..Let's theory craft Ability Power Yi!

Creator: Dante Rebellion January 14, 2011 12:28am
1 2 3 4
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 12:28am | Report
Yi has been my favourite champion since I started League of legends. At the start I used to feel dissapointed at how weak he was and how I couldn't play him for ****.. But that changed drastically after I started learning about the items, and especially after I joined MobaFire. Having scored amazing scores I decided to persue in mastering Yi.

I have noticed a massive difference in the difficulty of battle in the higher ELO.. its just friggin' scary... and also my solo que's are currently quite hard for me to get perfect scores with no deaths. So... I checked out some mobafire builds, and I tried out Ability Power Yi, it was just amazing, I scored 9/0/4 in my first game with it..

That's when I realised I need to improve my AP Yi build.

So does anyone have suggestions on what Items I should get, for an AP Yi?
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 12:32am | Report
1st of all, get rid of AP from him.

srsly... even if you dont have perfect score he is way more usefull on AD/AS build. You win games by destroyin turrets not getting "perfect scores".

Cant compete coz you didnt do to well? push lanes, farm, and destroy towers. Be an ***. backdoor and so on.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 1:18am | Report
oh yes I really love AD/AS yi, I play him often, actually your build was the first of the mobafire build's I have used and it helped me aloot. However im kinda bored of winning games, I want to have some better scores :P! just to show off a bit.. and its always nice to try something new :P!

wtb AP Yi build
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 1:38am | Report
Umm.. are you going for you alpha to hit harder or W to heal more?

Here is an idea of an AP yi build I guess... lol
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/item-purchase-planner#&item=82-90-34-74-114-76

I guess idea would be to, deathfire, alpha, heal rinse and repeat?..lol You get magic resist, alot of AP, some mana regen, and armor. Lichbane would be nice to hit after alpha strike...all in theory. Might try some games. Only problem I would have would be the cooldowns...seems like you would be standing around picking cherries out of your *** doing nothing half the time! lol I mean you could tank with veil and heal i assume. you would have to keep exliar of brilliance up as much as possible...maybe some cd runes lol.

Wanna try some games out with it? lol add me xLiqur
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 3:13am | Report
well I still am a DPS class so I want my alpha to hurt... thats a veryyy unique and interesting build :0... I will have to try it
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 7:10am | Report
AD>AP on Master Yi. There's nothing else to it..
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 7:28am | Report
I had another idea...http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/item-purchase-planner#&item=82-88-83-84-104-76

Idea on this is more towards DPS, but still has the AP applied. I would ult, hextech, auto-attack, and alpha strike. Object is to get on them, shred their magic res, and then alpha strike will hit that much harder, hopefully finishing the kill. You have life steal/spell vamp, ap and attack speed so it might suit a more yi type playstyle.

Might try that out myself sometime soon ><
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 7:29am | Report
Searz wrote:

AD>AP on Master Yi. There's nothing else to it..

I don't disagree one bit. This is all just theory crafting. :)
Diego
<Member>
Diego's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 9:21am | Report
It all really depends if you ask me.
AP Yi is destructive only if you have another carry as he is a utility carry.
This is somewhat the same for AP TF. He has monstrous Wild Cards and his blues can destroy towers after purchasing a sheen/lich etc.
They are great utility champions to use, but you should only use them when you have an adequate carry.

For example, you should play AD/AS Yi in a solo queue because it's really kill or be killed whereas it will be a hell of a lot more difficult if you tried to pursue and AP build in solo queue. On the contrary if you used AP TF he'd be a much more versatile champion in solo queue because you would die less (out of skill range from other champions). It really all depends on how you go about playing your game. Is it with someone you can trust? Are your teamates not too cooperative? Take these things into consideration when deciding on which way to play Yi.

(Sorry for using TF as an example in a Yi thread)

^^^^^^^
Magical portal! (click it)
I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 9:23am | Report
I've seen hybrid Yi leaning towards AD out do an AD Yi.

Diego wrote:

It all really depends if you ask me.
AP Yi is destructive only if you have another carry as he is a utility carry.
This is somewhat the same for AP TF. He has monstrous Wild Cards and his blues can destroy towers after purchasing a sheen/lich etc.
They are great utility champions to use, but you should only use them when you have an adequate carry.

For example, you should play AD/AS Yi in a solo queue because it's really kill or be killed whereas it will be a hell of a lot more difficult if you tried to pursue and AP build in solo queue. On the contrary if you used AP TF he'd be a much more versatile champion in solo queue because you would die less (out of skill range from other champions). It really all depends on how you go about playing your game. Is it with someone you can trust? Are your teamates not too cooperative? Take these things into consideration when deciding on which way to play Yi.

(Sorry for using TF as an example in a Yi thread)

No need to apologize. TF is a good example. I'll make another one. Playing AP Yi is kind of like playing AP Gangplank, it makes them a lot more "utility" and is only good if you have another carry on the team. honestly, 30+assists on Gangplank is nothing to laugh about (or maybe it is?)

Alpha Strike scales well and hits multiple targets, however does not always hit champions unless targeted with Alpha Strike (due to its RNG component when more than 4 targets are in range)
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide