Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So..Let's theory craft Ability Power Yi!

Creator: Dante Rebellion January 14, 2011 12:28am
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 9:35pm | Report
AP Yi is boatloads of fun in ARAM
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 8:57pm | Report
AP Yi should always have a Lichbane in his build. Seriously, I've tried without and it's just not as good. It gives you the ability to burst down: alpha strike to target, Hit them (bonus AD from Lichbane), Wuju Style, Hit them again (bonus AD from Lichbane again), ult (if needed), repeat.
Guinsoo's is also nice, but not required.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 11:07pm | Report
Searz wrote:

AD>AP on Master Yi. There's nothing else to it..

Searz, you must one day come to understand that there is more to this game than just always playing the most viable builds with the most viable champions. Sometimes people just want to have fun.

Speaking of which, AP Yi is SOOOOO fun!!! He can tank like nobody's business. He is literall unkillable. Best bait in-game. Seriously, his meditate is so beast. The nexus turret, the back summoner circle turret, and 3 enemies can't kill him when he meditates.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 11:18pm | Report
^but those 3 enemies usually have hard CC =(
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 12:33am | Report
animorte wrote:

Searz, you must one day come to understand that there is more to this game than just always playing the most viable builds with the most viable champions. Sometimes people just want to have fun.

But why theory craft when you're just out for some random fun? If you're going AP you might as well just go for whatever items you feel like.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:00am | Report
Exactly. It's all just about having random ideas and going with whatever you feel like at the time. After the fact is when people usually realize the potential and then elaborate on it. They make it public, helping others realize what is there, so they can all enjoy the random fun.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:02am | Report
The OP clearly thinks AP Yi is good. He's not only out for some random fun.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:23am | Report
I wouldn't rely on AP Yi unless I had a carry to rip the enemies apart while I tanked, but I have played a serious game with a random AP Yi that got Mejai's stacked and basically one-hit everything with Alpha Strike. And I think everybody knows AD/AS > AP. That's obvious.

I went hybrid a couple times with him. That works pretty well actually. Go with the same idea of Tryndamere: and maybe . Works quite well.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:29am | Report
animorte wrote:

And I think everybody knows AD/AS > AP. That's obvious.

No, they don't >.>
They should however --.--
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 1:30am | Report
Searz wrote:

No, they don't >.>
They should however --.--

Agreed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide