Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Spellvamp Quints on Swain?

Creator: AncientNecro June 4, 2012 1:57pm
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 6:30am | Report
They are helpful in small skirmishes such as on twisted treeline. I have used them on Annie and having 9 spell vamp isn't bad if you balance your damage output and resistance.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 8:11am | Report
Thank you for all of the input guys :) I think I'm going to stick with my +5 AP and + Movespeed.

Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 8:48am | Report
If you try to sustain yourself pre-6 with 6% spellvamp on dot/aoe spells ...

... that won't be nice.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 10:03am | Report
^

But now I'm half curious about giving him lifesteal *troll tester face*

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 10:38am | Report
Malady. If you're close enough to Ult-Tank, you can be chopping away at their Magic Resistance as well :) Also helps last hitting for people not familiar with swains attack animation.

Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 12:26pm | Report
I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

I was leaning more along the lines of taking more into the utility tree on my masteries to get another 3% spell vamp. (currently running 9/12/9) Then starting with a doran's ring to make up for the lost ap and hp while adding some extra mana regen and relying spellvamp for sustain until 6.

I think people discredit the post 6 effectiveness of spellvamp quints. I mean +9% may not seem like much compared to the already 75%, but it is going to bring about 15% more hp in when using your ulti.

^^This is all theory atm, but I already own spellvamp quints and I'm going to be testing this out tonight. I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about it after a few games.

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2012 8:59am | Report
Babit wrote:

I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

I was leaning more along the lines of taking more into the utility tree on my masteries to get another 3% spell vamp. (currently running 9/12/9) Then starting with a doran's ring to make up for the lost ap and hp while adding some extra mana regen and relying spellvamp for sustain until 6.

I think people discredit the post 6 effectiveness of spellvamp quints. I mean +9% may not seem like much compared to the already 75%, but it is going to bring about 15% more hp in when using your ulti.

^^This is all theory atm, but I already own spellvamp quints and I'm going to be testing this out tonight. I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about it after a few games.

I shall look forward to your findings ^_^

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2012 9:06pm | Report
Malady? Meh, never been a fan to be honest. Not even on on-hit builds, except for Teemo.

Just been advised to get lich bane on Swain. Also sounds sketchy; most items that could fill that MR role seem better (Abyssal <3), his CD's are kinda long for it to compensate the bonus (even with torment around). Unless you go "Spasm Swain" and go on and off ulti like a gogo-dancer
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 11:44pm | Report
Well I tested it out a few times and I got to say AP just feels better in comparison.

The spellvamp build didn't really make that noticeable of a difference, but it definitely did make me feel a bit tankier.

In the end though I like just having the ap and starting boots.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 12:30am | Report
I think you might be better off with resistances in your runes, but I'm not sure.

They wouldn't suck. Probably viable. :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide