Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tabi and Jax Reworks?

Creator: SirBroad November 24, 2011 9:05pm
1 2
SirBroad
<Member>
SirBroad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 9:05pm | Report
So, as everyone's aware, Riot's removing Dodge from the game as a statistic. I both agree and disagree with this, since I feel it's the easiest way (and only reliable one sometimes) to counter overwhelming physical DPS. But that's neither here nor there: What's important is, what happens to the item and champions directly related to dodge? Sivir is included in this technically, but it's certainly possible to rework just her passive (maybe damage reduction or something while she's on the move?). Ninja Tabi and Jax are completely different stories. If Tabi are removed, there are no boots to counter physical threats, and I can't see them removing a champion. So, here's the question: How would you guys rework Jax and Ninja Tabi? Personally I'd like to see Tabi stay the same except replace dodge chance with some health regen, that seems like a reasonable trade-off, depending on the exact value. I can't think of an alternative Jax, though, since dodge is just that integral to him.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 9:13pm | Report
What they are going to do is....
Step 1. Nerf Jax into oblivion until nobody plays him ever again. (Almost done)
Step 2. Plan buffs but have them come Soontm (Done)
Step 3. Remove dodge from the game. (Working on it)
Step 4. ???? (Daily occurance at RIOT Games
Step 5. Make him viable through some convoluted means along with reworking all the other champs that have dodge! (Working on it!)

TL;DR, I have no idea what they're doing but I bet it will be good.
True love is found only in yourself.
Wenvarien
<Member>
Wenvarien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 9:18pm | Report
Theres been word of a "leak" going around about bringing in block. I don't really know what to think about it at the moment but if you do some digging you can find the link somewhere. I'm not aware of where it is at the moment. Nor do I believe the authenticity of the said link until I see it backed by riot. That's just me. But from the post the use of this "block" sounds very OP.
Please check out my first guide on mobafire for Tristana.
SirBroad
<Member>
SirBroad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 10:06pm | Report
I've heard about the block thing as well, but I'm not really sure how that's different? Even if it's just a percentage damage reduction, it still sounds like it would be a random event, which is exactly why they're getting rid of dodge. So I dunno. This might be the link (or at least a related one), it certainly seems like it.
Wenvarien
<Member>
Wenvarien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 10:24pm | Report
That's not the block page I saw but the information is exactly the same. I really don't think its any different just very OP. Seeing as every champion gets an automatic 10% block chance and you can cap it at 40%. Just seems entirely to much to me and it does sound like it is completely random. But this is why I said I don't believe the authenticity of this "leak". Not at the moment anyways.
Please check out my first guide on mobafire for Tristana.
Feza D Yudoracil
<Member>
Feza D Yudoracil's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 5:54am | Report
How about Udyr? anyone forgetting him?
well changing Jax's Counter strike to a built in thornmail( of course different in some way) or even a built in Odyn's veil. both being something like, " can only be activated after receiving 3-5 auto attacks.
SirBroad
<Member>
SirBroad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 12:50pm | Report
An effect like Veil might be cool. It'd be like Maokai's ult, but centralized on one champ. That'd be fun on Jax, makes him more fun to leap into the middle of a fight with. And I wasn't forgetting about Udyr, I was just talking about the ones I see more. (I just never see Udyr.)
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 12:53pm | Report
They've basically nerfed all my favorite champions already =.=

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 12:04am | Report
Jax and sivir will be over buffed like Tryn, GP, Ryze, etc.

They always OP a champ and tone it down to please the fans of that champion, so no worries there.

Dodge being removed however is something that does concern me.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 12:06am | Report
lol Duff?

Sivir is barely getting buffed, she's almost the exact same depending on what you played her as before. Early game she's getting a tad bit nerfed because of Q, late game she's getting buffed a bit due to W and passive.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide