Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tanky DPS Kassadin?!

Creator: PFP March 17, 2011 6:04pm
1 2 3 4
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 6:04pm | Report
Since Kassadin has been nerfed in his AP ratio why not play him AD? His Nether Blade gives him 50 ArP at max! And you pretty much just use your ultimate to initiate and escape.. I've been trying it and surprisingly it works well because no one expects it and they can't focus you down too fast. Thoughts?

theory-crafted build:

6th item:
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 6:54pm | Report
You'd probably want to build a catalyst the protector early on so your ultimate doesn't chew away mana so fast. But otherwise that looks like a solid build.

If I had the patience for kassadin (or if I owned him) I'd try this out, in addition to mastering AP kassadin.

btw this is the 3rd AD kassadin thread that I've seen so far.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 10:44pm | Report
I play a mean AD Kassadin.

Trinity Force
Boots of Swiftness
Youmuu's Ghostblade

Game is usually over. HOWEVER, a couple times the game has lasted longer I went Infinity Edge and Guardian Angel after. I guess theoretically my last item would be Bloodthirster or Zeke's Harbinger
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 10:52pm | Report
against anyone who can play beyond the abilities of a level 1 - 5 new player, you'll be harassed out of lane so easily since you can't do any damage and you'll be shut down anytime you "initiate" with your ultimate

his ap ratio is still, you know, infinitely better than building AD. Playing an anti-mage/anti-carry as a carry, you're really not going to do anything against anyone who sees you build one item. Any true melee DPS will out damage you and anyone who can CC will shut you down before you even land a melee attack.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 12:51am | Report
Jet wrote:

against anyone who can play beyond the abilities of a level 1 - 5 new player, you'll be harassed out of lane so easily since you can't do any damage and you'll be shut down anytime you "initiate" with your ultimate

his ap ratio is still, you know, infinitely better than building AD. Playing an anti-mage/anti-carry as a carry, you're really not going to do anything against anyone who sees you build one item. Any true melee DPS will out damage you and anyone who can CC will shut you down before you even land a melee attack.

Quoted for truth. I can pull it off because my ELO consists of bads, but I'd never take AD Kassadin into ranked play. There is one guy, Chainsawmonkey, I think, who mains AD Kassadin and has some 800 ranked wins with him.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 1:23am | Report
you mean 34 wins, 29 losses, 1.2k elo

800 and 34 are very different numbers
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 1:37am | Report
Is that so?
I'm only going by word of mouth from Leagucraft.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 2:12am | Report
PFP wrote:

BT is waaaay inferior to Gunblade because of Kassadin's good AP ratios. The active is pretty godlike too.
That build will probably run into mana problems pretty often.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 4:03am | Report
Jeez you guys are ******edly late to this party

Teigen has been using AD Kassadin for AGES now
http://www.gamereplays.org/leagueoflegends/replays.php?game=66&show=details&id=194029

Cleanse and Ghost and your good to go

Jet wrote:

And thats a bit of a stupid comment I'll be blunt Jet because its not like AP Kassadin is very strong either until later on
Saying you'll be harrassed out the lane is a bad reason to decide that you shouldn't play AD Kassadin
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 5:08am | Report
I will have to agree with prime on the fact that AD kassadin is hella-viable. The only problems you will have is the weak early game, but if you can maintain your farm AD kassadin will make sure no one will get out of range. He is also **** hard to counter.. what your gonna build armor to counter him? hah W is going to laugh at your armor, unlike AP kassadin where a banshee or FoN will just **** bricks on his face.. Q and E also add some CC and a teleport to catch up and get away.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide