Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Great Book Of F*cked Up Builds

Creator: bobunio July 21, 2011 7:07am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 2:50am | Report
Like I said: ALL other AP items are bad.
So no, Hourglass is not a good choice..
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 3:21am | Report
o? y?
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 4:04am | Report
AP Amumu is decent and REALLY painful, his stun and his ult destroys people, doing over 1k damage (Not true damage). He also is one of the best anti-tank (Almost 8% off per second? WTF). The main problem is he is mana hungry, even a Archangel Staff will start having problems due to the fact it is hard to get 1.4k mp from that. Anyway, IF you take RoA, Rylai, Abyssal, Zhonya (For tankyness, used only when desperate), Rabbadon, you have little CDR to spam. What it seems that Amumu needs is CDR, Tankiness (4 AP tank items isn't enough) and a ton of AP.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 5:48am | Report
His tears have a terribad ratio. They do not get as high as 8%...
You're talking a lot of bogus..

Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 12:06pm | Report
@both of you You don't run ap mumu for the tears... QQ You run him to do burst. Bandage has ridiculous burst. His ult does ridiculous burst. His tantrum has decent ratios and is spammable. You only use tears for perm-slow. And AP-Mumu is DEFINITELY not for killing tanks. Abyssal and Rylai's are core, and most of the rest is situational. Problem with RoA is that it takes too long to get to this core. Problem with everything else is that (as said), you need to be next to someone to really do anything, and you will blow up if you run straight ap.
bobunio
<Member>
bobunio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 2:11pm | Report
That was the whole point about AP Ammumu. It's not only abyssal scepter + rylais (or roa), he just gets this damn rabadon and enjoys enemies' hp melting. You're being chased by some ashe or whatever, you have low hp but you already got will of the ancients, rabadon, some other ap items. And what happens. You just do your (tears+)bandage+tantrum(+ulti if u really need it) - ashe is gone and you've just regained some of your hp.

Also, in teamfights this heavy aoe dmg rapes. Tears+ulti+tantrum 'applied' to many enemies in teamfight makes you spell-vamp more hp and sustains your teamfight presence.

What I mean is - you CAN play ammumu as an AP 'caster'. He can fulfil this role pretty well (if you know how to play). Ofc you can also build him as AP tank (roa+rylai+abyssal scepter+zhonya?+wota), it probably would be fun too (decent damage and nice survivability).

Oh, and btw. I've tried AD Janna lately and imo it will be another AD Strange-something in my collection of builds I play. She's got a dmg-boosting shield, slow, pop, heal and throw with ulti - they make a nice set of 'GTFO-skills'. You get ganked by some udyr or whatever, you slow him, you pop him with tornado, get a shield in case he flashed to you.
I've played only 2 normal games with it yet (9/8/6 + triple kill:>, 6/4/15) but I'm about to give it some more tries and have fun playing it (no, I'm not trolling, I often do better than most of my teammates... once my whole team took revives/smites/rally when i said i'm playing AD Soraka. triple smite for early golem or late baron ftw lol. we nearly won this.)

[and if someone says 'WTF JANNA IS A SUPPORT NOOB SHE'S BETTER AT SUPPORTING, LEAVE AD FOR CARRIES', he's officialy a ******.]
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 2:14pm | Report
We should totally make another subforum for baddies. These ppl shouldn't mix with the better population.

Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 2:54pm | Report
Food for thought: About 300 AP is where the 100% ap ratio of Amumu's ult starts to do more damage than an annie bear. Even though Amumu can't be really played as your AP carry, that damage can't be ignored. Especially because you can almost always lower their mr with an auto-attack + abyssal and still stay relatively tanky.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 3:05pm | Report
Annies spells doesn't put her in harms way (like Amumu).

Amumu's CDs are also pretty terrible.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 3:19pm | Report
I'm not trying to compare his total damage to Annie. He'll obviously lose. I'm just trying to give you an idea of how much he can actually hurt.

I usually play AP amumu when I get a little fed at the beginning (aka if I get a successful gank or two). If you do that, you can build tanky enough to still be the tank, and do enough damage that you can't be ignored. Your cooldowns are good enough to kill a carry in a team fight. That's all you need. If you can kill their carry, they'll have to stop you. And you're the tank. Tanking accomplished. If they don't, your cooldowns are good enough that you can kill their carry. And even IF you don't do either of those, one well-placed ult can seriously hurt a lot of champions.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide