Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Great Book Of F*cked Up Builds

Creator: bobunio July 21, 2011 7:07am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
bobunio
<Member>
bobunio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 3:55am | Report
I don't try this in ranked games to save my ELO (1475 isn't very awesome but still...).
In this games I've done many many doubles and, I guess, 2 triples; also got some first bloods (sometimes with double kill).
My worst game with AD Annie was 5/7/8, best... huh, dunno which of them is the best but I got f.ex. 10/4/6, 7/2/6, 19/12/23.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 8:16am | Report
bobunio wrote:

- to have some fun,
- to try something new,
- to make people surprised,
a) only by going by strange build,
b) by raping enemies with this build.

And you should know that.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/jebuss-terrible-but-semi-viable-ideas-34701
Yes, the past will haunt you :P

1. Fun is a valid reason. It's also probably the best.
2. Trying something new is also valid, okay.
3. Surprising people is only fun if you know who your enemies are, i.e. trolling in an inhouse (which is HILARIOUS) (ADONIKAM NUNU FLASH BEGINNING OF GAME NO PROBLEMMMM)

But you won't win nearly as often - that's just science.

And note how the page you linked says "terrible" - because they ARE terrible. Never use them in ranked unless you know your ****, like all the 2k ELO+ people.
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 11:18am | Report
Mind you, the name of this thread is "The Great Book Of F*cked Up Builds." I don't think that optimal viability and improved win ratios were ever the top priority. xP
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 12:33pm | Report
yes, yes, i'm just saying that you should remember practicality in mind.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 1:36pm | Report
"ADONIKAM NUNU FLASH BEGINNING OF GAME NO PROBLEMMMM"

quoi?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 2:05pm | Report
@ the entire thread

why would you ever--

*facepalm*
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 8:08pm | Report
So many things to quote, but Im not going thru the 5 pages to do so.

As the Mad Crafter of Mobafire, I do enjoy the more untraditional builds. However, Chaos do need Order. If the build has not practical use and/or viability, there is no point in playing it. Potential might be there, but you cant stay too far from design.

Examples of things I would work on:

AP Udyr. This would be great since he would have stronger Turtle shield and more dmg off Phoenix passive and active. This would really shake up the Tiger Stance spam thats been around for a lil bit.

AD Taric: This would help with some of his mana issues. Now the down side is that he can be a slow farmer and he isnt the best killer in the game. It would capitalize on both his stun and Shatter, but thats about it. Weak heals, less than desirable Ult, but I wouldnt mind tinkering with it.

Lich Bane Taric: Would be a lil complicated to make. You would have to stack some AP, be able to use the proc, but also give the team the support it needs. Strong heals, but in the hands of a greedy person, this isnt gonna be much help. I can see it now. The lobby after the game.

'Hellz yeah Lich Bane Taric carried!'

'Yeah, but couldnt throw a heal to save his life.'

When you put items like LB and Triforce on champs, most people feel they have to get the proc used, so they play a lil too aggressively. But most people that get a LB of Triforce, have some kind of skill that gets them in range to use it. Im sry but sitting in a bush waiting for someone to face check it isnt gonna work lol.

AD Kaiser: That would have to take months of planning. It would be nice to AA and Mace of Spades people to death, BUT an AP morde will have a huge edge. If you wanna play Melee-Kaiser, you need to get some AP.

Id go on down that list, but Im not gonna ramble.

But like Jeb said, practicality and viability are key to making any build. Some take longer to get right, some dont. But you cant say things like AD Annie or AD Zilean, and expect people to see why you would do that.

Theory Crafting is an art. You cant just throw something together and say 'Check this out.' You have to take the time to plan it out. Mixing and matching items, spells, team and lane comps, and than put it together. You dont do it to get attention. You dont do it to stand out. You do it for the challenge.

No one likes to do the same thing over and over. Some people might like tanking, BUT they might have all the tanks so they can keep things fresh. Some people like AP carries, but when they get bored with it, they make 'What champ should I play now?' threads. When all they need to do is look at their AP carries and see what else they can do.

The challenge is what drives Theory Crafting and Theory Crafters. It takes time and lots of attention to details. If you are a number cruncher that helps too.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 8:30pm | Report

Some people like AP carries, but when they get bored with it, they make 'What champ should I play now?' threads. When all they need to do is look at their AP carries and see what else they can do.

Hence tank Veigar was born, at least in my case.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 8:40pm | Report

Hence tank Veigar was born, at least in my case.

Exactly. You saw that with BS, you can farm AP so whats the point in getting AP items. You saw that his stun is great for starting fights or keeping someone from getting away, and of course he is a nasty anti-mage.

You know you are becoming a great crafter when you are looking deeper into your favorite champs.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 8:46pm | Report
With the free AP, wouldn't you only need to buy Rabadon's to get the best effect and then tank items?
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide