Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Mana Build

Creator: Pheyniex August 30, 2012 11:24am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 3:50pm | Report
ADC..?

why did you mention ADC??

<.<

Also, you'r paying tankiness in the form of 625Hp, 99armor and 50 Mres, plus utility, plus 60 to 70 AD from Manamune. Can't get more because other Mana providing items diverge into something else like AP you might not need.

I see you only like to damage and be squishy like hell... :<

As requested to GMD himself.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 4:15pm | Report
My High damage squishy as Hell will melt your "tankiness" every day.

I mentioned ADC because they're the only champs you would hypothetically want to get manamune on.

Current "favored" tanks are Malphite, Nautilus, Cho' Gath, Ammummu, Alistar, Skarner.

Favored AD Bruisers are Darius, Olaf, Irelia, Riven, maybe Jarvan.

Favored AP Bruisers are Rumble, Ryze, and Vladimir (maybe Dianna depending on your definition of AP Bruiser).

All of the aforementioned champs would not benefit from Manamune, either because it does not fit their durable nature, or they have no mana/no mana issues.

Your reasoning is inexperienced. The numbers aren't even there to make it potentially viable.

I gave you the best case scenario, (ADC is really the only type of champ you could possibly want to put Manamune on) and showed why it is not cost effective with basic math.

Durability is high priority on tanks, why? Because their base damages are often high enough to not warrant additional damage through auto attacks, as well their job is to absorb the upfront damage, getting manamune would make them squishy and completely useless. If they're champs who have potential mana problems they can get Chalice of Harmony and later on acquire Athene's Unholy Grail, as an item that gives AP (currently all tank champs are purely magic damage based. AD champs are all considered bruisers.)

Now after I've gone through my relatively experienced opinion, with the numbers, and easily verifiable facts (such as the majority of "tank" champs all deal magic damage). Do you still wish to put forth your idea? Or will you concede?

I've provided you the downsides because as far as I can tell there are no upsides to this build.

Not even Urgot can utilize Manamune anymore. It's more useful to get Brutalizer+Glacial shroud early on.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 5:04pm | Report

(ADC is really the only type of champ you could possibly want to put Manamune on)

well, if you base your whole analysis on this then why do I bother. and i can see why no AD-carry goes for it, thank you.

My High damage squishy as Hell will melt your "tankiness" every day.

I think you may find hard to prove that ANY AD-carry will stop ANY Offtank without question. Besides, it's supposed to be a team game, but have fun with your idea of the game.

I did not mention some deal or YOUR favored Picks, since they probably are so played, maybe I have to play them as well.

By your Urgot concept, I conclude you'd just go for Ghostblade?

Durability is high priority on tanks, why? Because their base damages are often high enough to not warrant additional damage through auto attacks

By your argument i conclude "i deal enough damage with no items. I'll just get really tanky then..."
Durability on tanks is to actually do some tanking and take damage and be on the frontline as much as possible. If you don't think so, I belive you have different takes on the role of the tank.

Yes, there are options to build, as you mentioned Chalice of Harmony, however are you sure you want to spend ~900g just for the thrill of it or will you definatly upgrade it? Buy it for the AP or the Mres? Veil manages to give you more Mres for less and Urgot will absolutelly love the AP.

Again, your BASIC math does not account for the remaining benefits. You can't simply disregard it. Math is a tool, not absolution. Learn to argue with it, not live by it.

Do I have to remind it's a team based game?

If you can't see any upsides, I don't expect you to go too far with your narrow-mindedness.

As requested to GMD himself.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 5:11pm | Report
While I disagree with his statement that Manamune is a bad item on Urgot I agree with everything else jeffy said. At least as far as I understood it. I tend to skim things when They're long convos.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 6:31pm | Report
Locked on request of thread owner.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide