Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The new masteries, who will use which?

Creator: NicknameMy November 6, 2013 2:41pm
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 6:32am | Report
But after that, what use will it have? You need to die so it has an effect. And if there is no level 1 fight, 50 HP is nearly nothing.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 9:06am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

But after that, what use will it have? You need to die so it has an effect. And if there is no level 1 fight, 50 HP is nearly nothing.

Except for bullying in lane. I mean, that's a lot of extra HP you have to play with for a lot of early laning. I kinda' expect them to change it to refresh when you return to base, too, to make it more impactful throughout the game, although they might have to lower the shield amount in that case.

Also, I think they might have finally made Scout worth using. 10% extra cast range could open up some interesting new ways to place wards. That might actually be enough to ward inside dragon or baron pit from inside the bush on the other side of red, for instance, rather than having to walk just outside the bush to get the ward down. It's still not terribly much, but I think it bears testing to see if it opens up new and interesting ways to ward.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 9:06am | Report
Poppy is going to be extremely strong both with defensive and offensive masteries. She benefits a lot from health regen which the new defense mastery provides a lot of and the offense mastery will make her deal immense amounts of dmg.

Dr. Mundo will see a lot of play too imho.
I don't play LoL anymore.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 6:52pm | Report
Nope nope nope. Poppy and Mundo won't suddenly become viable and/or common because of new masteries. Mundo won't see much play unless he gets a rework or Grievous Wounds gets nerfed, and Poppy won't see play until she gets a rework.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2013 6:28am | Report
I think Mundo will see play as support, since supports get so much farm now and his superb synergy with the new Emblem/Brace of the Mountain. Even Ruby Sightstone gives HP, which is great for Mundo. And his cleavers hurt in the lane. Lategame, what better thing you could get than a giant meat shield in front of your adc with potential slows with Frozen Mallet or Randuin's Omen. Or gives the carry a super big shield which has the size of 20% of his max HP.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2013 6:32am | Report
He doesn't have utility which is one of the most important things to have as a support, so nope.
SEALynx
<Member>
SEALynx's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2013 6:44am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I think Mundo will see play as support, since supports get so much farm now and his superb synergy with the new Emblem/Brace of the Mountain. Even Ruby Sightstone gives HP, which is great for Mundo. And his cleavers hurt in the lane. Lategame, what better thing you could get than a giant meat shield in front of your adc with potential slows with Frozen Mallet or Randuin's Omen. Or gives the carry a super big shield which has the size of 20% of his max HP.

BRB whattheforking at another nicknamemy post. Haven't seen you post anything legit yet, only humor.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2013 6:51am | Report
Mundo support. Now I've heard it all.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2013 8:23am | Report
He can do it, just doesn't mean he'll be better than most. If Rengar can do it, why not Dr. Mundo? He goes where he pleases.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2013 2:13am | Report
I now also played Nautilus as support. His jungle clear is so **** that it would be rather a waste to put him there, so I said to me, why not try support. He is basically a better Thresh at the amount of cc. And since supports gain now equal or even more gold than junglers (Relic Shield), he is still the tanky guy your team wants lategame.

Maybe I should try out Rammus aswell, as he suffers the same problem.

And if that is not enough, I also remember Sion, the only guy with a 1.5 seconds stun at level 1.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide