Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Ranged AD Carry/Support Duolane

Creator: EvilDice June 29, 2011 11:28am
1 2 3
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 12:56pm | Report
To me rolling with Janna over Sona, Taric, or Soraka is a bit of a gamble. You're pretty much weighing (in my eyes) early offensive advantage versus sustainability. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

My run down of support+range AD carries

Janna+Mf/Ashe/Caitlyn those champs synergize relatively well and can do some phenominal things early game. Though Janna lacks a targetable heal she has some great support with Zephyr's active, her LONGNGNNGNGNG range tornado knock up, and of course her awesome shield.

Soraka+Ezreal/Corki/Ashe/MF are strong because of their farm abilities and Soraka's ability to restore their mana. Ezreal is extremely reliant on mana and strong offensive poke game, a solid case was last nights NESL RS vs CLG 2nd game I believe. Ez+Soraka dominated bot lane against Sona+Ashe.

Sona+Corki/MF/Ashe is a very safe bet. Aura's and some solid DPS to back up her (Sona's) carry in lane. Consistent benefit with the three auras being used when needed, lacks in gank protection until level 6, but the offensive benefits are solid.

Taric+MF/Ashe an abusive mix of hard and soft CC. Stun+Volley or Make it Rain can lead to some magical things. Also rather defensive comp, providing some solid gank protection or gank support for team mates or against opponents.
AnthraxMegadeath
<Member>
AnthraxMegadeath's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2011 3:51am | Report
It's great and good when the other lane is doing it as well. I play ashe/sona quite often and think it's quite powerful however these type of lanes are often easily crushed by a couple of bruisers... or the dreaded maokai/xin style combos.
Just like the Pied Piper,
Led rats through the streets,
We dance like marionettes,
Swaying to the Symphony...
Of Destruction
Goregasm
<Member>
Goregasm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 3:09am | Report
When I play support, it's usually Janna in bottom lane and I donate CS to whoever's down there. Those who have said that Janna is weaker early game vs. other supports but better during teamfights and ganks, you'd be right. Because you lack heals to keep you and your partner afloat, you have to use your bucketload of CC to establish lane dominance and use clutch shields at the correct time, otherwise your carry will get too heavily harassed. Still, I think she's an important pick against AoE teams, or for teams where your lineup is lacking in CC. Janna is capable of being offensive and defensive in teamfights, whereas Soraka functions primarily as a defensive support/babysitter.

The best example I can think of was playing as Janna+Ashe vs. Sona+Ezreal. Their harass walked all over ours and any hits we traded were healed up nearly immediately. Once 6 was hit, there was an attempt by me to knock Ez up with the tornado, flash over and ult him toward our tower with an Ashe arrow following up to hit him in teh faec, but Ez's health was too high from Sona's heals during laning. So Ez blinked out with E, Sona stopped us from chasing with her ult, and that was that.

Having said that, in a game where a Tristana demanded mid over our Kassadin, I've also played as Zilean in bottom lane donating CS to a Kassadin, and we walked all over Ashe+Taric with our superpoke. Made their Taric OOM trying to heal the two of them and both of them were zoned for a good portion of the laning phase. Taric would have normally been a strong enemy in the lane against a conventional AD+Support lane because of his armour aura, but it did nothing to Kass+Zil.

Sometimes, traditions are best broken.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2011 3:01pm | Report
I just met a Taric + Annie.. fml xD

They were clearly premade and the Zilean I laned with didn't play carefully at all :p

It seems to work well, since they have tons of CC and nice laning sustainability.

I think Ashe + Soraka is pure **** to face. She just have free farm and is able to carry like a boss
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2011 1:10pm | Report
Sona's much more annoying than Soraka. Sona can actually burst you for a good amount and if she catches you in her ult and her lanemate is good, you're probably dead.

Soraka keeps people alive better though.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2011 1:15pm | Report
Yup, <3 Sona.

Also, Taric + Brand is dirty.

Free Conflag->Pillar->Sear combo.

If they don't die by level 3, then they are being zoned super hard and not getting last hits.
Tri lane for life.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2011 2:17pm | Report
I don't like AP duo because they need their skills to be effective, making more sense for them to solo.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide