Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

third champion idea by caucheka.

Creator: caucheka December 29, 2010 2:09pm
1 2 3 4
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:09pm | Report
so here i am, thinking about another champion idea because i can't play and am really bored. so yeah.

lets see, i have an ad assassin lizard and a monk tank caster. then i guess i should come up with a straight up caster. and next time it'll be a support.

look i even have a name too this time.

Sammael, The Walking Horror

Model/Art Concept:

we start with an animated skeleton. then, cover every inch of his body, except the head and neck, in various swarms of bugs and crawlies(scorpions/spiders/beetles/roaches/ants/maggots/worms/centipedes/etc...), like this:

but with other insects as well, and once again there is nothing near the skull. covering that with some form of robe/cloak, hiding the bugs from view. as for what the robe would look like, i was thinking that it would be black with various bug patterns across it. spider webs, a giant scarab beetle on the chest, all that jazz.

along with all of this, he also has a giant scorpion tail. which he uses for his basic attack. (and passive)

Skills:

Passive
Scorpion Sting: (name) attacks poison the target, dealing 4/6/8/10% of his mana as magic damage over 4 seconds.

Q, W, E

Vile Bite: giant mandibles burst from the ground biting the target for 45/65/85/105/125(+40%ap) damage. if the target is under the effects of his passive, they take double damage.
Cooldown:4 seconds
Mana Cost:22/29/36/43/50
(havn't decided yet, but probably ant or beetle mandibles)

Shadow Web: (name) summons spiders to build a hidden web at a target area. when stepped on by an enemy, they are snared for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds while deadly spiders bite them, dealing 80/100/120/140/160 (+30%ap) damage. while snared, the enemy is revealed.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Mana Cost: 100

Cropkiller:(name) summons a swarm of locusts in a target area for 5 seconds, slowing all enemy move speeds by 30% and attack speeds by 20% while inside the swarm, the effects gradually wearing off after 2 seconds. every second spent debuffed deals 20/25/30/35/40 damage (+ 15% ap). double damage to those standing inside the swarm.
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Mana Cost: 80/95/110/125/140

Ultimate
Avatar of the Swarm: (name) reveals the horror of his true nature. all nearby enemies are feared for 1/1.5/2 seconds and take 50/75/100(+20% ap) every second they are near him.
Cooldown:12 seconds
Mana Cost:80/95/110 mana per second.

(while the ultimate was active i was thinking of robe being parted (or disappearing magically) to reveal the bugs crawling all over him)

ok, its stats time. as usual i will not only put up the stats but some stats of semi related heroes.

Statistics:

health: 1900 (370 + 85/lvl) (karth: 1740, fiddle: 1830, cass: 1805)
mana: 1265 (275 + 55/lvl) (karth: 1368, fiddle: 1313, cass: 1200)
damage: 91.65 (41.25 + 2.8/lvl (karth: 99.25, fiddle: 93.2, cass: 50(ok thats not right...))
attack speed: lets go with 7.2, yeah that sounds good. no like this math.
range: 150 (karth: 450, fiddle: 480, cass: 550)
armor: 68 (14 + 3/lvl) (karth: 74, fiddle: 68.25, cass: 88)
mr: 35 (35) (karth: 30, fiddle: 35, cass: 30)
health regen: once again just too much work
mana regen: see health regen above
speed: 305 (karth: 310, fiddle: 300, cass: 305)

ok so there seems to be something to explain i guess. while yes my trap is similar to caitlyns, a) i came up with this before i knew what caitlyn did, and b) hers is used more for teamfights, and mine for scouting.
what do you think?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:14pm | Report
I like the concept of a skeleton champ (finally). I'm not one to comment on balance until I see performance so can't say much about the skills.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:16pm | Report
well what do you think overall about his skills? idc about if they're op or up because i'm not gonna do some major math here to check out his dps versus others. just the idea of em is what i ask.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:19pm | Report
I like the snare trap. Not much to say about the other ones although damage seems a bit low with ****py ratios. **** I commented on balance.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:19pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

although damage seems a bit low with ****py ratios.

:O

ryze has some ****ty ratios

.4 with .1 of mana
.2 but on a dot which hits 6 times.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:32pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

:O

ryze has some ****ty ratios

.4 with .1 of mana
.2 but on a dot which hits 6 times.

cause his ult is like wtfzhonya's :P

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 2:37pm | Report
not really. ok so we getting off topic here. and cut.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 3:24pm | Report
that passive

get an AA staff. say you peak at 3500 mana, like most casters.

15% of 3500 is 525

teemo's poison typically doesn't get anywhere above 200 damage

THAT PASSIVE

His Q seems like incredible burst damage. W seems like a spammable skill that gives sight. His ultimate seems quite broken in conjunction with Amumu, Galio, etc. plus he becomes a massive walking nuke. The E is fine.

Overall I'd say nerf Q's damage to maybe deal only an extra 50% damage to those affected by his passive. Lengthen the cooldown on his W to around 25-30 seconds. The ultimate doesn't do that much damage relative to the mana cost, so maybe increase the damage but nerf it in a way that it's like Swain's ultimate, where you can only hit up to a certain number of enemies or something.

just my suggestions.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 3:44pm | Report
ok so hows this.

10% on his passive. the reason why it was high was that he has melee range with a straight up ap build would kill him so easily. so yeah.

on his q, you're right with that and his passive it does seem incredibly bursty. 3 seconds so he can only hit once while poisoned. i was comparing this mostly with karthus' q, while mine does 5 more damage and 5% more ap scale, plus mine is only a single target spell. so i think cutting down to 3 seconds is good, but we'll talk.

on w, yeah the closest champ skill on this is nidalee's trap, which is 18 second cooldown. so 20 sounds good.

ultimate, this one is actually alot like anivias, except the cooldown is higher and it does a bunch more damage. say 30% ap then?

edit: Fuuuuuuuuck i just realized caitlyn has a snare trap :(
Victumi
<Member>
Victumi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 8:26pm | Report
So at level 18 or.... 9 I guess since you can max a skill at 9 with...lets say you're unfed and only have 50 ap. you do... 125 + 20x 2.... that just screams op. 300 damage with a 3 second cooldown at level 9.
I really do like the idea. But this looks like an AP team nuke. Worst case scenario at level 18 300 or so AP droping a full combo in a teamfight like 50% of the tank and 75-100% of the others hp is gone.
I'd make the ult have like a 9 second cooldown but be disruptable?
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide