Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tiger stance vs Pheonix stance

Creator: Searz September 15, 2011 1:48am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:33pm | Report
Either way, if summoner's are popped and you make them base, then the gank was successful.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:50pm | Report
ANd pheonix ganks are stronger any way. Based of the faster clearling time.

And you can go with boots / ms quints combo
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Well I've never been killed by an Udyr running out of the jungle and then using Phoenix on me (after bear stunning)me...But Tiger stance yeah..That happens more often....

So phoenix being a "stronger" gank is highly subjective to the situation.....Same can be said about tiger stance I suppose.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 5:12pm | Report
Turtle stance ganks ftw!

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:37pm | Report
According to Stonewall, phoenix ganks aren't that much weaker, but phoenix jungle is so much stronger than tiger jungle that it's preferable to phoenix jungle.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 9:44pm | Report
I agree with this^ The power leveling actually end up making your ganks better, because you're so big. (HP, everything.)

Your items are better as well due to faster jungles, so I feel that it actually does have better ganks through that medium.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 11:57pm | Report
I'm loving this thread so much amazing advice. I personally focus on phoenix Udyr early game for a faster jungle and grab Tiger at level 7 or 8.(level 6 if I am attempting dragon soon) I agree with Duff and usually build phoenix tank/offtank most games. I put a rageblade into the mix which makes turtle's shield hilariously awesome. Tiger is awesome for the activation buff, but I find building AD much more expensive compared to attack speed. I usually end up with both tiger/phoenix ranked at 5 and turtle/bear ranked at 4.

Loving this thread!
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 4:02am | Report

Updated with the jungle times for ArP marks+MS quints and AS marks+AS quints on Phoenix.

(for those who're curious:)
AS quints+Marks finish at 03:25, 5seconds faster than MS quints+AS marks (TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT).

MS quints+ArP marks finish at 03:35 and has lower HP.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 9:19am | Report
Again, if the only thing we're considering is the 5 seconds on the first clear time, then the AS quints are not worth it.

I would agree that the move speed is better though.

So then we're all basically in agreement that 3 Move speed quints, 9 AS marks, 9 Flat armor yellows, and either 9 flat MR or 9 MR per lvl is the best choice for P stance Udyr?

---

Also Searz, did you try turtling as you ran up to block some damage that would be received?
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 9:30am | Report
That's nearly the same as Elementz's guide.

Although Elementz opts for AtkSpd blues over MRes blues.
(Swapping amour seals for dodge seals is no biggie, I imagine they give a fairly similar damage reduction in the jungle.)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide