Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tiger stance vs Pheonix stance

Creator: Searz September 15, 2011 1:48am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 3:31pm | Report
I dunno what Jatt does, but it won't waste you any time to turtle and activate your shield as you run of and then Phoenix. That's how I do it.

If he has a legitimate reason not to do it that way, maybe his auto attacks healing on creaps or something in turtle makes up for it? I would listen, but otherwise, I really think you're better off turtle as you come up, and Phoenix when you get there for a free shield and equal speeds.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 3:35pm | Report
Night, if you attack the middle melee, and are facing straight forward, it will basically hit all the caster minions, and generally only one of the front minions. Does that make sense?

End game when you're geared (Which is when you really want pushing speed) then there reall is no difference. Tiger stance decimates the creep wave instantly too, by basically 1 shotting the creeps as it goes quickly.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 3:41pm | Report
True, i've just never seen that happen before, I guess.

And idk, imo Phoenix is still better for pushing. Tiger is only better for actually taking the turret down, if you go DPS.

Jesus promised the end of all wicked people.
Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 3:53pm | Report
I still use both stances, though i'm starting to prefer phoenix a bit more. But I tend to build them for different functions. I'll build my phoenix something along the lines of a full tank build, whereas, i'll build my tiger as a tanky dps.

something along these lines. --

Phoenix:
Mercury's Treads
Wit's End
Madred's Bloodrazor
Sunfire Aegis
Randuin's Omen
Aegis of the Legion
And and then tweak the armor/m-res items based upon the opposing team.

Tiger:
Mercury's Treads
Wriggle's Lantern
Wit's End
Trinity Force
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 3:57pm | Report
I prefer tiger for more powerful ganks, phoenix is solid too. But to me it's all about the ganks.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:04pm | Report
If you can get 3 hits on the person with phoenix up, in a gank, the difference in the damage output basically flips. but ganking with phoenix is much less reliable.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:13pm | Report
Yeah I actually agree, Phoenix with 3 hits probably does a bit more damage, and if you hit 2 of the targets there's no competition.

Basically if your opponents stand and fight you with phoenix they both die guaranteed.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:22pm | Report
Indeed. Often, when I gank with phoenix, I don't go in intending to get a kill. I'll take it if it comes, but my main purpose is just to push them back. Force summoner spells, and force them to burn mana.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:28pm | Report
But running in with Bear and getting that stun off most people flash/or defensive summoner/ability. The likelihood of getting your 3 attacks off in Phoenix is low. Tiger's front-loaded burst is assured. However YES, if they stand and fight Phoenix is better.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 4:33pm | Report
If they flash or exhaust you, the chance of you actually finishing them off is pretty slim. regardless of what you take.

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide