Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Untraditional builds. Viable?

Creator: Manass January 3, 2011 11:49am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 5:59am | Report
Untradional builds? I have some of those.

One that I find is great if you have a smart team, is TANKEON. ITs not like the DPS Glass Cannon Pantheon, but its a beast. Im currently working on it and when I get it right, Ill revamp my Pantheon build.

Its so much fun. Just gotta find the synergy

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Manass
<Member>
Manass's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 11:42am | Report
INteresting. Seems like Pantheon is going to be the first of these builds. Btw AD Janna makes 9 players spam "lol" in /all chat :S
Manass
<Member>
Manass's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 11:44am | Report
Visfarix wrote:

Yes, it is an on-hit effect, so abilities that apply on-hit effects, like parrrrley and mystic shot, will trigger tiamat.

Nice. I've just had a massive amount of revelations.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 11:55am | Report
AP Tryndamere is very scary. 2 Bloodlust stacks give you your entire hp back (after u get a Zhonya, etc)

however dmg wise it lacks, it lives off spinning slash xD

(which can 1 shot minnions and you farm gold like trolololol)
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 12:09pm | Report
AD/DPS Anivia. You already have a solid amount of AP and your abilities are there mainly for zoning and CC, so why not have conistent auto attack damage?
Manass
<Member>
Manass's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 12:11pm | Report
PFP wrote:

AD/DPS Anivia. You already have a solid amount of AP and your abilities are there mainly for zoning and CC, so why not have conistent auto attack damage?

Added to the original list.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 12:49pm | Report
Tank anivia. The survivability from your egg makes tanking actually kind of worthwhile. Build is in my sig.
Manass
<Member>
Manass's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 8:57am | Report
Seems fair. Has it been tested?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 7:58am | Report
Its funny because I mess around with this kind of thing all the time.

AP Gangplank works pretty well. Not sure how it would do in ranked, but with the right build (lich bane) and survivability (RoA) and a few other AP items, you can Parrley for about 600, heal 1/3 to 1/2 of your hp, and your Ultimate actually makes a difference in team fights when placed properly. You can't be as aggressive as AD GP but you become a utility champion who can take down towers pretty fast when pushing. Since GP is extremely squishy when built AD getting up in your enemies face can be dangerous, as AP, you can have over 3k hp and actually survive burst damage and focus pretty well.

I've tried AP tryndamere, doesn't work TOO well, you NEED to get fed to get your items. I prefer hybrid tryn, not very cost efficient, but stacking 2 gunblades, 1-2 phantom dancers depending on runes, with CDR boots and rabadons nets you about 120 AD on top of your base AD, 397 AP, 30-60% critical strike at full life, 40% Life steal and spell vamp, 15% CDR, and since you actually have crit, and your bloodlusts actually heal you, you can survive in team fights. Still working on the hybrid version, will continue to test different builds.

Edit: I like to start hybrid tryn with an AP tomb as opposed to brawlers gloves, rushing the first gunblade, and then boots. After building both gunblades, boots, and a phantom dancer, I suggest farming up an Infinity Edge for the extra crit damage. This leaves a 6th slot for personal preference or situational items. Spirit Visage or a bloodthirster might be good for this slot. Debating whether or not Trinity force would be a good item for the last (as opposed to Lich Bane). I Suppose you could always grab a guinsoo's.

Tank/AP hybrid Shen looks like a good idea. Your ult shields for a higher amount, your feint scales extremely well with AP and your vorpal blades are more of a nuke on a short cooldown now (and heal for a higher amount when hitting the target, note that it procs on baron now (pretty sure it didn't before)). The issue here will be balancing survivability with the AP.

Also while testing out Garen, apparently spell vamp appears to proc on judgement. Was messing around with hextech gunblade and stacked 2 of them. While spinning to win in a group of minions who were focusing me, I noticed Garen was GAINING health as opposed to losing health. Also Spell vamp procs on his ult... thoughts?
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Townyj
<Member>
Townyj's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2011 7:58pm | Report
Played against an AP Tryn a little while ago... His spin was absolutely brutal. Try and run and bam! dead everytime. He was saying it was hitting for 1400+ damage.
My in game name is Piizz.

Fav Champs! ^_^
Teemo, Fiddlesticks, Malphite, Xin.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide