Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Warding, Aegies and the Support Role

Creator: Canoas June 25, 2011 1:46pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 1:09pm | Report
Aegis should still be incorporated in a standard build. In the Dhack games, the supports were the ones being run down, regardless of whatever spells used. I guess they were building situationally and felt like Aegis would not be worth it since they would not be alive for long. I don't know what they were thinking at the time, but I'm sure they were trying to adapt! But when it comes to standard play, Aegis is extremely good.

@Searz - Playstyles and Metagame. That's what I meant xD. Your playstyle is like the aggressiveness, passiveness, etc etc. Metagame is just "the top at the moment". Totally goes hand in hand imo :P.

@Trojan - Just because he was in Dhack does not make Locodoco's point invalid. Clearly Candypanda's build works somehow, regardless of how 'n00b' looking it is. He's proven it. It might not be the most viable, but again, he's proven it.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 1:16pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

Also, your fire analogy makes no sense at all; math is in terms of absolutes and cold is a subjective term. I'm saying that if a pro says that fire is cold and you mathematically prove it's hot, it's hot.

Haha, exactly what I was thinking ^_^

Xaioli wrote:

Playstyles and Metagame. That's what I meant xD. Your playstyle is like the aggressiveness, passiveness, etc etc. Metagame is just "the top at the moment". Totally goes hand in hand imo :P.

A little I guess, but playstyle has a much larger impact than meta has.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 2:59pm | Report
Mathematics is not in terms of absolutes. That's completely wrong. An easy example to disprove your claim is the probability density function. You can read more about it on google.
Cold is a subjective temperature, in that sentence I was obviously comparing it to my body temperature. I apologise for not including the subject, I, making my sentence grammatically incorrect.
Switch "cold" with "colder than me" and it will make perfect sense. However, I think that refuting an argument based on such a trivial mistake is rather petty, as English is not my main language and therefore I am prone to making grammar mistakes.

I do agree with the what you said,
Quoted:
I'm saying that if a pro says that fire is cold and you mathematically prove it's hot, it's hot.

However, you have not proven that aegis is indeed better, so you cannot say that the pros are wrong.
From experience, it is most likely that they are right since they won several tournaments using this build. All the teams who went to dreamhack, the best teams in each continent, used the same core build; therefore I choose to believe that they won the tournaments and ladders because they know how to play with good builds and not out of sheer luck with bad builds.

Quoted:
I think supports should carry the aegis. Supports can play one of two roles: 1. the champ who uses their spells from afar to help out and builds AP to do so (soraka), but ends up squishy, or 2. the champ who builds durable aura items and uses their spells up close on both enemy and ally and use their bodies to defend the carries (Janna, Sona). I think that supports should almost be the auxiliary tanks; when someone goes to target the carry, the support gets in their way to make it as difficult as possible. So, in effect, I think the support SHOULD be right in the middle of the battle, being durable and using their body to block the occasional ashe arrow that might hit the carry and using whatever CC they have to disrupt.

That's what I used to think too. I used to play my janna by acting like a human shield for the carries. However, in order to buy most of the wards for the team I will have to sacrifice some survivability and I'm not sure if I can keep acting as the shield. Wards are actually very expensive and will probably cost me around 2k gold in a game if not shared between the team and I will definitely have to remove one of the items.
I think I will probably remove soul shroud, get banshees after shurelya's and buy CDR boots instead of mercury's. I have my doubts about getting aegis or not but I'll keep it for now.
Ragemoarnerd
<Member>
Ragemoarnerd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:11pm | Report
I think a good question now, is who should be building most of the wards now since GP5 items have unique effects.

Should it still be the support (who shouldn't be last hitting to get gold) and have them rely on the gold for the wards simply from their assists in team fights.

Or is it someone else now?
"I just don't trust PUGS no matter who they play as. I look at them and think level 1." -Rudmed

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for that sexy signature!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:29pm | Report
I still think it's the support's job to get the wards. You are still able to get a philo and a HoG, so you only lose your second HoG and with it a bit of gold and survivability.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:34pm | Report
That's where you throw in a lucky pick? almost all the supports have at least one or two AP ratios anyways...
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:38pm | Report
AP isn't that good on Janna and Sona. It's not worth it getting that item just for the gp10.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:39pm | Report
Ah, ok
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:46pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:
Maybe they don't plan on being within aura range?

Normally, if you aren't Janna, you aren't anywhere near the battle.

Also

@Xaioli Meta Game is the current "trend", as apposed to the optimum. Flavor Of the Month goes hand in hand with the "meta game".

An example of "Meta Game" is: Alistar is FotM, so we're going to run Corki, because he has a splash of true damage.
Tri lane for life.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 9:49am | Report
Aegis is still a great item, like Searz said, but like you said I'm not positive if it's worth getting 30 min in, compared to say Shurelya's for the movespeed boost. Right now I think on say, Sona, you should get it because it basically makes your passive auras better, but if you're a support that relies on preventing / healing up damage (Janna / Soraka) aegis may not be worth it that far into the game.

I still think that Supports should buy all the wards after they get their gp10 items, since they are the least item dependent role in the game (Except maybe Soraka who actually needs more money to be more effective.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide