Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Warwick Changes?

Creator: JPBucketz February 14, 2012 12:07pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 5:52am | Report
Hey Kurt, do you realise WW's ult suppresses him too?

Let's make a scenario.
Let's say it's late game, first of all, both teams are equal and have full builds, neither team has baron and it's a fight in the middle of the map or something.

There's an Cassiopeia on the enemy team, there's also a Tryn, a Caitlyn, a Sona and a Rammus. You ult Cassiopeia with your build, and your team goes in. Let's say the minute you ult, Sona does too. That stops your ult. You're now not suppressing Cass or doing any damage. Your ult only applied 1 stack of TBC. Then Cass, no longer suppressed, ults you, doing a little under half your health. While you're stunned, Cass kills you (Or Tryn or Caitlyn crits you for 7-900 and kills you) and then Rammus taunts your carry and your team loses that fight.

Now that's a team with not a whole lot of cc. What do you think would happen if it was a team with Cho, Kennen, Morgana, Leona, Jarvan?

Your team loses the fight even faster because you can't tank anything and do zero damage?

Yeah.

THIS is what WW should be doing. That's TRM at Dreamhack (admittedly they nerfed WW's q a bit but that's still completely viable as tankwick, the new masteries only help you do that more).

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 6:24am | Report

The reason it works is because his Q has a 400 range (not melee), and his ulti is far-reaching. He can also run around and kite all day long as long as someone on enemy team is below 50% hp. What works for you, doesn't works for me it seems. But on-hit does :)

If you want to use Q to deal damage and kite around using his E (which is absolutely a good way to play Warwick in teamfights) then why in god's name are you playing him on-hit? Tank Warwick can do that far better than squishy Warwick.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 6:29am | Report
Know what's really ****ing gay?

Rushing Frozen Mallet on Jungle WW.

You just kill people.
Tri lane for life.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 6:52am | Report
I assume by 'rush' Frozen mallet on jungle ww you mean get wriggles > boots > fromal?

Cause yeah, that's pretty strong although I still prefer Wit's. Not entirely sure since I haven't tried him since his changes.

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 7:54am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Hey Kurt, do you realise WW's ult suppresses him too?

Just chiming in here, but this is not strictly true. During his ult, Warwick is still capable of taking any actions that don't have any cast animation, such as using his W or activating items like Shurelya's Battlesong. Warwick's ult works like a channeled spell, really.

Anyway, Nighthawk et al are correct, if you don't build Tankwick, you're going to end up dead extremely quickly in pretty much every fight. My experiences with Offtankwick are that when you initiate with your ult, you tend to get focused and end up dead very quickly anyway (unless your team actually uses your initiation to win the teamfight or something), even though your tankyness makes it take longer for the enemies to kill you.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:00am | Report
Well unless they changed it, you def couldn't activate W, not sure about Shureyla's, but I doubt it.

Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:00am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

If you want to use Q to deal damage and kite around using his E (which is absolutely a good way to play Warwick in teamfights) then why in god's name are you playing him on-hit? Tank Warwick can do that far better than squishy Warwick.

That's why, and I was the only one on my team that got fed.
There is no victory without humility.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:03am | Report
Cool I carried a ranked game at low elo with support Riven, maybe that's viable too!
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:10am | Report
^ I sense sarcasm, and that ain't too friendly y'know, what about you try it before you thrash it, huh? I've already tried tank WW. It works, but there's alot of tanks who does way better. There's a reason I build like I do, and it's because I have success with it. I'll just say, it's just as viable as AD Kennen, maybe even more.
There is no victory without humility.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:18am | Report
Yes, it's sarcastic because it's pretty much common sense that bringing in one or two good scores doesn't prove your point.

Only thing I can say is flat-on hit WW is just a glass cannon that ults whenever enemies get outpositioned.

Go try out a game where both teams don't get fed early and play normally. You'll soon realize you do nothing in a teamfight unless people protect you, which is even worse because you're supposed to be the tanky jungler.

What works for one person in a couple of games does not convince anybody.

Carry yourself to high elo with that and I will be convinced.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide