Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Warwick Changes?

Creator: JPBucketz February 14, 2012 12:07pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 8:34am | Report
Which is why squishy "DPS" Warwick is as useful as a tits on a turtle if you can't survive the focus fire then WTF is the point of suppressing anyone?
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 12:41pm | Report
Not if someone else initiates?
There is no victory without humility.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 12:42pm | Report
No.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 12:45pm | Report
Kurt, you're going to give me an aneurysm.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 1:02pm | Report
Aneurysms for everyone!!!
True love is found only in yourself.
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 2:09pm | Report
1 Someone else initiate.
2 Then you pray their are dumb enough to blow every CC and heavy dmg skills on him.
3 Then you ult.

The main problem is that step 2 won't happen that often, and if it does, you could even win with glasscanon AP warwick.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 2:14pm | Report
You guys are really fun ^^ I'll just leave it at that, cause you guys certainly are impossible, and we're getting to the "if this happens, you can do that" part of the conversation, which isn't really the point I'm trying to make. :)

Anyhow, I realize WW is good as a tank, just not full tank, he needs some offense (now Bloodrazor will be buffed too, making it better on WW). And didn't I make it clear that I DO get defensive items on WW? Just not in the beginning, when you gank and stuff. Teamfights are lategame :P
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 8:39pm | Report

For items, I go:

The problem with this "glass cannon" build is that anyone who knows anything about Warwick will buy a Quicksilver Sash and, pardon the language, **** all over you. You need more bulk or you will simply be focused down, granted they might not expect your DPS early. This way you become more about maximizing peel than being the carry of your team. Generating threat is what tanky dps is about and Warwick has a high threat output due to his ult. Glacial Shroud is worth the buy, especially if your solo top. I would ditch Malady and your luxury for heavier tank items like Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil.

You might wanna look into our build ideas, before you go claiming we are ignoring your reasoning.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 11:20pm | Report
^ I have tried them, that's why I'm discussing. Duh :P Have you even tried Malady yet?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 11:50pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I'm strugging to find a way to explain it, since it should be exceedingly obvious, but...building non-tanky melee champions just does not work. The only viable melee DPS champion is Tryndamere*, and that's because he gains some tankiness from his ult and he can spin and heal to get away.

You cannot build DPS Warwick. It will not work against anyone who has a brain. You'll get CC'd and bursted down every time you ult and you won't last five seconds in a teamfight.

There once was an AP carry called Katarina. She could blink right onto her enemies then spin to win. Somehow, she always managed to time it when they were out of CC and devastated their entire team.

...Why do people accept squishy Katarina as viable, but not DPS Warwick? It's not a case of "if they have a brain it won't work". Because even if they have a brain, there will always be good times and bad times to use your ult. It depends on whether YOU have a brain or not for it to work.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide