Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Warwick Changes?

Creator: JPBucketz February 14, 2012 12:07pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:06pm | Report

Yes i have. It works well with your ult, but honestly I don't find it effective unless you pick up Frozen Mallet. I use to run a strange Support Tanky DPS Warwick with Black Cleaver + Malady + Wit's End. After those i just built massive tank items like Force of Nature, Guardian Angel, and Frozen Mallet. What this allows you to do is be rather hard to kill, but shred anyone's resistances to the point where you begin to generate massive threat. Ulting makes your target take close to true damage from anyone on your team.

So basically what your saying is that anyone can choose the right, or wrong time to use a ability. OK, here is my scenario. I'm playing support Taric and its about 35 minutes into the game. The enemy team has either a DPS Warwick or Katarina. They choose to wait until I have blown my stun on someone else to ult. The problem is i'm not ******ed. I see what will happen and plan to stun them AND ONLY THEM therefore saving my team from about 1/5 of the enemies damage output. When they dive, and trust me they will at some point, i simple use Dazzle and laugh as my team shreds them to pieces.

See what I did there? The point i'm trying to make is that using an argument like this is pointless. How often do you see Katarina in competitive play? Not much. The reason for this is that people EXPECT your ******** ult and simply wait for you to goof.

Warwick can work very well as an anti carry in team comps that lack communication. (aka bad players)

So I'd ult Taric. If it's the only option, then I'd do it. It still takes someone out of the picture with a decent team.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Never ult the support, especially if it's Taric.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:21pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Never ult the support, especially if it's Taric.

He'd probably stun and run, then I can devastate their team with auto-attacks when the stun ends.

What else would you propose to do with WW's ult if a Taric is keeping his stun intact 24/7?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:23pm | Report
Warwick ult stuns you for the same amount of time as the target. You just stunned yourself and Taric for 1.7 seconds. Taric. What the **** does Taric do in a teamfight? Nothing. You just wasted your ult and immobilized yourself for 1.7 seconds to stop a guy who does nothing from doing anything.

And that's assuming his team don't kill you in the meantime, which they will if you're going all squishy.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:30pm | Report
^ Luther is right in that scenario.

As to Katarina, while I don't want to drag this stupid *** discussion towards her, she is completely different from WW.

Pro Katarina players who do well in high elo rarely ult at all, Kat has the ability to nuke down low health targets and get out extremely fast because of her shunpo, her ult is a cc absorber (which works both ways) and her q also does nice damage. TensiAkano or w/e his name is really really helped me become a much better Katarina player through ike's guide, which also made me realize kat is a lot more useful then for her ult alone, which if you think about it roots you as you use it.

Nighthawk wrote: I might not have the most posts but i'm pretty sure I have the most *****.
Searz wrote: ^ QFT
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:34pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Warwick ult stuns you for the same amount of time as the target. You just stunned yourself and Taric for 1.7 seconds. Taric. What the **** does Taric do in a teamfight? Nothing. You just wasted your ult on a guy who does nothing.

And that's assuming his team don't kill you in the meantime, which they will if you're going all squishy.

I'm talking about the extremely unlikely scenario that this Taric is leaving his stun untouched the whole game, waiting for the precise moment you ult, something that's never really happened to me before. Even if someone is hoping to reserve CC for when you ult, there's always going to be some other moment where they think it will be important to stun. But if he does that, he's rendering your ult useless by making you not use it. May as well be "useless" by taking him out of the fight, even if it is just Taric.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:36pm | Report
I'm starting to lose track of what we're arguing about lolol. A minute ago it was building Warwick squishy.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:38pm | Report

I'm talking about the extremely unlikely scenario that this Taric is leaving his stun untouched the whole game, waiting for the precise moment you ult, something that's never really happened to me before.

Then I believe you've never seen a non-******ed taric. Any Taric who are anything near good will do this.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:43pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I'm starting to lose track of what we're arguing about lolol. A minute ago it was building Warwick squishy.

Erm... Something to do with WW's ulti...

Quoted:
Then I believe you've never seen a non-******ed taric. Any Taric who are anything near good will do this.

Really, he wouldn't stun the AP carry if they were bursting someone down? He wouldn't stun the fed AD carry that's critting everyone to death? He'd simply wait for you to ulti? No one ever leaves their stun completely untouched to only be used in a certain scenario. They use it when it is needed. And when it's on CD, that's when WW ults.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:45pm | Report
A non ******ed Taric wouldn't have to stun an ap carry bursting someone down or the fed ad carry.

But I see your problem now, you're playing with other good players who get fed, against bad players.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide