Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Warwick Changes?

Creator: JPBucketz February 14, 2012 12:07pm
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:47pm | Report
According to your scenario, the enemy AD carry is stupidly fed and WW built glass canon. What happen in the team fight?

Fight engage. Immediatly as it begin, Taric stuns the enemy AD carry who is super fed, all your allies focus the ad carry, 1 man down. The Warwick, who obviously saw Taric stun targeting his AD carry, decides to ult the enemy (so taric's) AD carry to even the score. Taric's team saw that WW is built as a glass canon. Ignite + focus. WW didn't even finish his ult and he's already dead.

Moral of the story? NEVER EVER build a melee DPS as a glass canon.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 1:55pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

According to your scenario, the enemy AD carry is stupidly fed and WW built glass canon. What happen in the team fight?

Fight engage. Immediatly as it begin, Taric stuns the enemy AD carry who is super fed, all your allies focus the ad carry, 1 man down. The Warwick, who obviously saw Taric stun targeting his AD carry, decides to ult the enemy (so taric's) AD carry to even the score. Taric's team saw that WW is built as a glass canon. Ignite + focus. WW didn't even finish his ult and he's already dead.

Moral of the story? NEVER EVER build a melee DPS as a glass canon.

Why would Warwick choose to ult only AFTER his AD carry was dead? He would ult onto their highest damage outputter and possibly save the AD carry like this.

And if it really were as simple as you said anyway, Taric would be an instant death for AD carries everywhere.

Quoted:
But I see your problem now, you're playing with other good players who get fed, against bad players.

In every game I play, someone is fed. Sometimes from my team, sometimes from the other team, sometimes in both. It's hard to play a game where everyone has exactly even stats.

AD carries don't really even need to be fed anyway, just be smart enough to farm.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 2:05pm | Report
Quoted:

And if it really were as simple as you said anyway, Taric would be an instant death for AD carries everywhere.

Pretty much what happens in a teamfight. main reason why AD carry need to be careful when fighting a Taric, especially if the AD carry doesn't have QSS. Oh, and it doesn't change the fact that WW will simply be ignited and focused and will die before his ult even end. He might buy 0.5 to 1 sec to the AD carry taric stunned, if he's lucky. But guess what? Taric's stun last 2 sec. Wich leaves 1 long second to take out an AD carry. And 1 sec is more than enough to do that.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 2:41pm | Report

I'm talking about the extremely unlikely scenario that this Taric is leaving his stun untouched the whole game, waiting for the precise moment you ult, something that's never really happened to me before. Even if someone is hoping to reserve CC for when you ult, there's always going to be some other moment where they think it will be important to stun. But if he does that, he's rendering your ult useless by making you not use it. May as well be "useless" by taking him out of the fight, even if it is just Taric.

This type of reasoning is what i'm talking about. If you choose to sit around and wait for Taric, as he waits for you, whos winning? In my opinion Taric. You keep saying things like "well he might use it early" well why doesn't that apply to you? Warwick can't ult at the wrong time? Katarina can't ult at the wrong moment? Your argument is invalid due to it applying to everyone, everywhere, at any time.

My point is that good players, silver and up, don't play glass cannon Warwick for said reasons presented in this thread. It doesn't matter how good you do at 800 Elo, that is not what i'm debating. I'm arguing that building him glass cannon is issuing yourself a free loss in most situations. I don't give two ***** about "What if" scenarios.

Just because your in a LoL cold war with Taric doesn't mean he will always act first. Situations arise that might force you to ult or need you to provide DPS for a teamfight.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 2:54pm | Report
^"LoL cold war". Most amusing thing I've read all day (it's only 9am, give me time).

I haven't played much Warwick since the buff and 19 pages is a little beyond my reading quota, so sorry if this has been answered before, but:

Thoughts on Spirit Visage on jungle Warwick? Still good? Or ditch it in favour for randiun's omen? Haven't played a game that lasts beyond me buying Wriggles, Mercs and Wit's, so haven't had the chance to see whether a Spirit is worth it nowadays (cooldown and MR is always useful, of course).
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 3:14pm | Report
@Jhoi

Nighthawk wrote:

A core build for WW is either Ninja Tabi/ Mercury Treads/ Sorcerer's Shoes (but only if they have no damage or cc) > Wriggle's Lantern vs AD when you need more sustain/ Glacial Shroud vs AD when you're ahead or need more tankiness/ Wit's End vs AP or you are winning lane hard > Philosopher's Stone if you are losing lane or are building Ninja Tabi but need Tenacity/ Chalice of Harmony if you're losing lane or think that the game won't last much longer and you didn't build Glacial Shroud > Spirit Visage If you somehow still need more sustain/ Hextech Revolver if you need more sustain and got Glacial Shroud > Guardian Angel if you got Wit's End or Wriggle's Lantern/ Frozen Heart If you built Glacial Shroud or Spirit Visage or Chalice of Harmony or Hextech Revolver/ Frozen Mallet if you took Wriggle's Lantern or Wit's End > Sunfire Aegis if you didn't take Frozen Heart or you need more AR for some reason/ Banshee's Veil in 99% of other games > Void Staff only get if you're just pwning and they are stacking MR/get whatever you're missing, this is the time to get Madred's Bloodrazor too.

You either build AA Wick

Boots > Wriggle's > Wit's > Frozen Mallet > GA > Bloodrazor

or you build Q spamwick

boots > Chalice > glacial shroud > Spirit visage > Frozen heart > revolver > ga

or hybridish wick (as in q spam and aa not actual hybrid)

boots > chalice > wit's > glacial shroud > ga > frozen heart > bloodrazor

also I need to remember to get someone to make that a flowchart for my WW guide :o:

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 3:25pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Thoughts on Spirit Visage on jungle Warwick? Still good? Or ditch it in favour for randiun's omen? Haven't played a game that lasts beyond me buying Wriggles, Mercs and Wit's, so haven't had the chance to see whether a Spirit is worth it nowadays (cooldown and MR is always useful, of course).

It's still okay if you find yourself wanting a moderate amount of health, MR and CDR but not one in particular. I often build it when there's only a moderate threat from the AP carry (on Udyr too).

These days I generally feel like buying high MR items is pointless and you're better off with only small amounts of MR on multipurpose items - for example, Mercury's Treads, Wit's End, Spirit Visage. I also run Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist on all my champions except for AP carries. Health counters most casters just as well as MR, so I prefer to stack health and armour.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 7:15pm | Report
Another victory wiff tanky ww. Yumm. And I've lost interest in caring what people decide to do. I prefer to be able to ult and survive it if the enemy team is smart enough to focus or stun me as I ult. To each their own that's all that really matters I suppose.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 11:22pm | Report

Another victory wiff tanky ww. Yumm. And I've lost interest in caring what people decide to do. I prefer to be able to ult and survive it if the enemy team is smart enough to focus or stun me as I ult. To each their own that's all that really matters I suppose.

^^
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 11:40pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Warwick ult stuns you for the same amount of time as the target. You just stunned yourself and Taric for 1.7 seconds. Taric. What the **** does Taric do in a teamfight? Nothing. You just wasted your ult and immobilized yourself for 1.7 seconds to stop a guy who does nothing from doing anything.

And that's assuming his team don't kill you in the meantime, which they will if you're going all squishy.

Haven't you listened to what we've said these last few pages? I do build defensive items, just not in the beginning, where teamfights are mostly absent and ganks and counter-jungling is the prominent action. What you need for these scenarios, is damage, damage and utter damage. As you well know, if someone come in high speed, trying to gank you, it's a psychological thing that you want to run. Defense is useless in a gank, as you'll most likely gank mid or top (assuming bot is permawarded). They won't put a dent in you if you ult to them, and then get stunned by your teammate. In what situation would you need Glacial Shroud over Malady then?

Also, when counter-jungling, you want to;

1. Finish off the creeps as fast as possible, since you want to spend the least amount of time in the enemy jungle if you can afford it.
2. Gank your enemy jungler as he is about to take a buff. Those 20AP from Malady can make the difference on whether you steal it or not, and as we have discussed before, if someone comes with amazing damage out of nowhere, your instinct would tell you to run, which is the worst thing you can do against a Warwick, because of his E.
There is no victory without humility.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide