Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Welcome home Heimerdinger, here is your...

Creator: NicknameMy October 16, 2013 3:02am
1 2
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 3:02am | Report
So, finally, Heimerdinger is receiving his rework, and this makes a lot of room for new theorycrafting. If someone want to see the new heimer in action, look here:

One very interesting thing I have spotted here. Rylai's Crystal Scepter applies to the spell of his turrets! Not to the turrets basic attacks, but this is a great improvement and makes Rylai's Crystal Scepter way better on him. But this also opens up new speculations: Does Liandry's Torment apply to this aswell? It should, because it applies to exactly the same targets like Rylai's Crystal Scepter. And since we know how good Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Liandry's Torment work together, we could see both on them on the new Heimerdinger.

The next very interesting thing about his build options is that Heimerdinger has now really good burst. His new RW deals a very big amount of damage in a very short time. This also allows items like Deathfire Grasp on him, which increase that even futher.

But still, Heimerdinger has his good old problem, mana costs. This makes Athene's Unholy Grail a must. It also gives 20% CDR, so combined with Crest of the Ancient Golem, you got the very important 40% CDR and the endless ability to spam your spells.

2 items should be a nobrainer on him, Rabadon's Deathcap and Sorcerer's Shoes these are a must on every caster. Void Staff is great on any caster aswell.

One item to talk about aswell is Zhonya's Hourglass. If enemy assassins jump on you, place down everything, stun them, rocket them and then, if they are still alive, use Zhonya's Hourglass and they gonna have a bad time.

So, many build options here, how will your Heimerdinger look like?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 3:09am | Report
Athenes, rabadons, sorcs, void staff, zhonyas? Seems like old Heimer build aint that different from the new one.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 3:31am | Report
Waste.

Even with new skillset, Heimer's still a burst champ.

Buying stuff that delays this even while your turrets aren't your only source of dmg...
Nope.

You can get Rylai's if you need extended kiting power, but since every spell is AoE...

Otherwise get AP, which directly increases the dmg of EVERY turret shot and only get Liandry's when your enemy stacks HP.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 3:32am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Even with new skillset, Heimer's still a burst champ.

wut
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 3:44am | Report
YeahYeah technical standpoint.

The turrets make him a dps caster but he isn't one building RoA and stuff, he goes strong AP build and Zhonya's. Hence "burst", not really corret term, but you know what I mean.

Problem i see here is that for granting him his third turret and that beam, they nerfed them quite a bit.

Adressing the problem I ever had with a good Heimer I must say.
No slow-"barrier" on Ulti and no MR shred with every hit!

And also: Now that even Heimer's turrets work with on-spell effects, when is Shaco's turn?
Since Zyra showed up Shaco's boxes which don't work with MPen, Spell Vamp or Liandry's became rather laughable.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 3:57am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

YeahYeah technical standpoint.

The turrets make him a dps caster but he isn't one building RoA and stuff, he goes strong AP build and Zhonya's. Hence "burst", not really corret term, but you know what I mean.

Now I do (tho with that logic sustained casting doesn't really exist, with a few exceptions like Ryze and Singed)

Quoted:
Problem i see here is that for granting him his third turret and that beam, they nerfed them quite a bit.

How can an addition be a nerf? :S

Quoted:
Adressing the problem I ever had with a good Heimer I must say.
No slow-"barrier" on Ulti and no MR shred with every hit!

What? The MR shred remains to exist and the grenade has got a huge buff including slows.

The problems Heimerdinger had was that he was very turret dependant. He still is, but at least the turrets have more survivability and a 3rd one can be placed aswell.
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:34am | Report
Only the beam works with spell effects, not the basic attacks of the turrets.
He is gonna kill you!!!
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:40am | Report
when did the rework take place? i didn't notice anything :P
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:03am | Report
It is still on PBE
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 10:34am | Report
Rush DFG.

DFG > ult > W to 1 shot squishies.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide