Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What's all the hype about?

Creator: MajorLoL February 3, 2012 8:00pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 8:42am | Report
Quoted:

^ and that she's hard to place in a team comp currently.
At top she's easily counterpicked, and she doesn't beat that many champs.
At mid she doesn't provide enough damage for the caster role. All she does is poke.

A duo-AP comp in top and mid might make her more viable, but why pick her if there are tons of better champs out there?

I've been running AP Support Nidalee bot. Basically Nidalee makes Sona zoning look terribad. Between traps/spear she can control bot lane from the brush and her poke is seriously scary even early on. IMO support Nid is actually really strong with the right runes/masteries. It takes patience...Basically build Lichbane+Rabadons for your AP but the rest is tanky. Mercs/Revarie/New Locket(used to be Aegis here)/Lichbane/Rabadons/Other.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 8:50am | Report
um actually she is really strong on AD.
I build her like this - boots +3 pots in the beginning. then rushing wriggles. merctreads/ninja tabis.
Triforce - atmogs - ?
I deal huge damage got great escape/chasing mechanisims and stuff.
also her E gives insane AS. and that heal (E) gives her more sustain of course. I play her with exhaust flash or tp.
Well I'm not really pro but I'm quite good with her.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 8:55am | Report
AD nid is cool, it makes her stronger in cougar form. But you lose out on some of her utility.
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 1:53pm | Report
HER Q IS SO STRONK
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 1:57pm | Report
YAR
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Why don't we just drop some math down on this? Nidalee's damage comes from two places in human form: her auto-attacks and her Q (I know that her W does damage, but I hardly consider it a reliable form of damage during duels or teamfights, and E doesn't do direct damage). So her maximum ideal human form pre-mitigation DPS would be (AD*AS)+(230+.65(AP))*(1/(6-6(CDR)))*2.5, where each point of AD gives her her attack speed in additional DPS (which, using the highest scored AD Nidalee guide, would be 1.07 at level 18 full build, or 1.47 with her E), so I'll just call it 1.35 (70% uptime on E) for the sake of easy math. Each point of AP, on the other hand, gives .65*(1/(6-6(CDR)))*2.5, which at 19% CDR comes to roughly 0.33436 damage. Since you can't be both auto-attacking and getting max Q damage, I'll call it .3 for simplicity.

Taking into account gold prices for each stat, this means that it takes about 68 gold worth of AP to give her one pre-mitigation DPS in human form, or about 22 gold worth of AD to give her one pre-mitigation DPS in human form. Clearly AD is a massive winner here, and remains better even if her E always goes to carries (raising AD gold cost) or if all Qs were at max damage (lowering AP gold cost), because of the poor scaling of AP DPS.

In cougar form, Nidalee has a lot more damage sources. Her ideal pre-mitigation (single target) DPS is given by (AD*AS) + ((100+AD)*(3-2(enemy hp %))/5 + (225+.4(AP))/3.5 + (300+.4(AP))/6)*(1/(1-CDR)). Now each point of AD is worth an additional AS + (3-2(enemy hp %))/(5-5(CDR)) damage, which at 19% CDR and the attack speed above ranges from about (1.07 + .247) =~ 1.317 for enemies at 100% HP to (1.07 + 3*.247) =~ 1.811 for enemies at 0% HP. Each point of AP, on the other hand, is worth .4/(1-CDR) * (1/3.5 + 1/6) =~ .964 for 19% CDR.

Again taking into account gold prices for stats, it costs about 21 gold of AP for each point of pre-mitigation DPS, or 30 gold of AD for enemies at 100% HP to 21 gold of AD for enemies at 0% HP.

From these numbers, it seems to me that AP Nidalee is slightly more powerful for a given amount of gold in cougar form, while falling far short in human form. AD Nidalee is clearly more powerful for a given amount of gold in human form (or equal in power with the extra gold going towards tankiness), while only falling slightly short in cougar form (and catching up as enemy HP lowers). AD seems to be the clear choice for overall gold efficiency in damage output, allowing more gold to be spent on not being dead at any given point in time.

Note that I didn't model crit chance as part of either damage output, since I don't see any builds focusing on it; in case it isn't already obvious, crit would tip the balance more in favor of AD than is presented above.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
MajorLoL
<Member>
MajorLoL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 4:15pm | Report
Damn Lifebaka. +Rep for U.

Anyways, thank you peoplez. I'm gonna be trying AD Nida some more to see the power of it, since what's been said does seem to make her look good, but if I don't like I'll just continue with AP using more defensive items.
Thanks to Rys Aberdeen, Jhoijhoi, The_Nameless_Bard, Arcana3, and Miss Maw for the sigs!

Remember to +Rep me if I helped you out!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 4:54pm | Report
AP nidalee sucks, AD Nidalee is passable and offtanky AD Nidalee is the most gold efficient.
Mr. Frodo
<Member>
Mr. Frodo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 5:26pm | Report
My friend TexasDeviant plays an AP Nidalee, and, provided you have some gnarly aiming skills and no huge 1700+ ELO, it's definitly viable. I'll admit though, it does leave a lot to chance and her teamfight presence leaves plenty to be desired.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 5:35pm | Report
MajorLoL wrote:

Anyways, thank you peoplez. I'm gonna be trying AD Nida some more to see the power of it, since what's been said does seem to make her look good, but if I don't like I'll just continue with AP using more defensive items.

Though that's not as relevant, unfortunately.

There's no AP Atma's. AD far more easily itemises for tankiness, AP can't.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide