Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What's all the hype about?

Creator: MajorLoL February 3, 2012 8:00pm
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 11:17pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

Oh, was talking about AD Nid :>

OHLOL No wonder :P I was referring to AP Nid :D

AD Nid rapes a lotta champs at top :)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 11:25pm | Report
I like to at least attempt utilizing most of a champion's utility.

And yes, Xenasis, AP can.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 9:31am | Report
AP SUPPORT NIDALEE *COUGH COUGH* Essentially free wards, solid short CD heal, disturbingly dangerous poke, can get in and out of fights and still provide passable damage while being a tanky buff bot....

But no one cares about AP/Support Nidalee....I'm sure the idea is too noobish for you people to handle. But if I had to choose between Soraka or Nidalee to square off against a Sona+AD...I'd take Nid so counter zone....

Am I saying it's perfect? No. But I think it should get some lime light.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 12:12pm | Report
^^
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
viper459
<Member>
viper459's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2012 2:21am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Though that's not as relevant, unfortunately.

There's no AP Atma's. AD far more easily itemises for tankiness, AP can't.

i'm sorry but do you really think these items:
Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Mask, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, Will of the Ancients. Lich Bane are BAD as tanky items on an AP?

anyway, the fact is, if i want a tanky AD champion that only auto attacks for good damage i can take a much better pick for top like gangplank. i play tanky ad/ap nidalee. more ap than ad, i'll be honest, because of utility. i haven't lost a lane top (i don't have her that long, but i honestly haven't been outfarmed/out-towered), i have harass with auto attacks AND spear & heal, AND loads of mana for sustain. also, i really love the tankiness in cougar form. i shudder at the thought of jumping into a team to kill a carry as full AP nid in cougar form.
build i use is Doran's Ring. Ninja Tabi/ Mercury's Treads, Rod of Ages, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Mask, Lich Bane
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2012 7:42am | Report
I see no AD there whatsoever except for the Lich Bane proc...You're building TANKY AP Nidalee NOT AD/AP.....RoA is so so....You'd be better (imo) rushing lich bane and glacial shroud after boots. Then if you really wanted some AD get Hextech Gunblade. Guinsoo's is w/e...But yeah you're building Tanky AP nidalee.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2012 12:16pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

She also straight up beats popular picks like Gangplank.

Don't agree.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2012 12:19pm | Report

Am I saying it's perfect? No. But I think it should get some lime light.

HSGG agrees with you and is trying desperately to get CLG to try his new ideas.
viper459
<Member>
viper459's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 2:03am | Report

I see no AD there whatsoever except for the Lich Bane proc...You're building TANKY AP Nidalee NOT AD/AP.....RoA is so so....You'd be better (imo) rushing lich bane and glacial shroud after boots. Then if you really wanted some AD get Hextech Gunblade. Guinsoo's is w/e...But yeah you're building Tanky AP nidalee.

jesus, relax. what i meant is i am a tanky AP who still makes use of auto attacks, because i think her 'caster' skills are unreliable at low level (very hard to aim spear and hard to aim in a battle trap). that's why i use ad/as marks and guinsoo's. i don't get what's wrong with roA/Guinsoo's by the way, aren't they two of the most cost-effective items in the game? but i've indeed been thinking about dropping the roa for a faster rush on the damage items, but tbh, most of the time i don't need more damage, i need to survive more. with full defense masteries, roa, either glacial or negatron and a guinsoo's it's still pretty beast.

edit: i've been trying your idea and it's pretty nice. dat hextech gunblade...
i'm trying it first in bots and in a few minutes in pvp, see how this goes..ring, boots, sheen, mercs, glacial, lich bane, gunblade frozen heart. i'm thinking warmogs abyssal scepter as last 2 items.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 10:40am | Report
RoA Guinsoo's is ****.

RoA is **** tbh.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide