Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who counters Trundle in the jungle?

Creator: Svingas February 14, 2012 1:06pm
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 11:49am | Report
Oft times a good ganking jungler can remove the purpose of counter jungling.

If you pick a jungler who's constantly ganking lanes and getting kills (like Rammus or someone), the fact he's stealing your jungle and can duel most people is completely nullified by the fact you're rarely in your jungle to begin with.

Though the "jungling triad" has changed a lot since the jungle change, it still holds true to some effect. Not as much as before though.

Control > Farming > Ganking > Control

I'd advise -
RAMMUS, Maokai, Jarvan, Riven, possibly Shaco (if you ignore the fact half of his kit shouts counter jungle)
Or basically anybody who ganks most of the time.

But Rammus will be your main pick in honesty.

Edit:
This assumes this is counterpicking him in the jungle role was your intention and not wanting to duel or out counterjungle him. The latter would be extremely hard and largely pointless.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 11:55am | Report
BarbJ wrote:

@Dufftime: He doesn't mean "counter jungle" Trundle, he means counter pick Trundle "in the jungle" role.

Lee Sin has high mobility, which will let you avoid him if you guys do end up running into one another. Also, I feel Lee Sin has a better team fight than Trundle.

What the *** lol.

I'm legitimately confused. You're picking a jungler based on your enemy jungler, and you don't intend to fight him, you don't intend to take his jungle.

Sooooooooo you're failing to counter pick him then. Trundle can't hardly be counter picked. His kit doesn't give a ****. It's all free effects and free stats. all he wants is Wriggle's/MErc and Fromal and he's happy just stealing your tank.

No reason to counter him at all... Pointless.

Also, on a more basic level, why are we trying to counter pick their junglers? That's stupid, counter pick their LANERS.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 12:48pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

What the *** lol.

I'm legitimately confused. You're picking a jungler based on your enemy jungler, and you don't intend to fight him, you don't intend to take his jungle.

Sooooooooo you're failing to counter pick him then. Trundle can't hardly be counter picked. His kit doesn't give a ****. It's all free effects and free stats. all he wants is Wriggle's/MErc and Fromal and he's happy just stealing your tank.

No reason to counter him at all... Pointless.

Also, on a more basic level, why are we trying to counter pick their junglers? That's stupid, counter pick their LANERS.

You can counterpick both if you're good.

You clearly don't properly understand jungling.

You can counter the PLAY STYLE of junglers by acting upon what they will do. A good counterpick for Shaco, for example, would be someone with a fast clear speed and can take a few hits from the boxes.

A counterpick for Trundle (who can duel most and counter jungles amazingly) is not being in your jungle as much as possible. A ganking jungler (like Rammus) seems like a good pick, wouldn't you agree? If you're not in your jungle much to begin with, having stuff stolen won't matter.

Counterpicking, when it comes to jungling, isn't just "CAN X BEAT Y IN A DUEL/HARASS?" like top lane.
]
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 12:55pm | Report
Out gank or out farm him.
So pick lee or udyr. Rammus could also work but he is banned 90% of the time
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 12:59pm | Report
LaronX wrote:

Out gank or out farm him.
So pick lee or udyr. Rammus could also work but he is banned 90% of the time

Since it's Trundle it's impossible to outfarm because of his jungle presence, and as such you have to out gank him. Udyr is a bad ganking jungler and is more of a control jungler, as with Lee, but to a lesser extent.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 1:10pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:
You're picking a jungler based on your enemy jungler,

Yes, like you try to counter a lane, he's trying to counter a jungle.

Best way to counter is out farm, be better in teamfights, be a better duelist (should it come to that), and be a better ganker.

Lee Sin has AoE, and normally can clear faster than Trundle. Though Trundle will want to counterjungle, he can't if you kill it fast enough. Lee Sin 1, Trundle 0.
Lee Sin has AoE, more mobility, and better CC than Trundle (R and E, while Trundle has Pillar). Lee Sin 2, Trundle 0.
Dueling potential roughly equal, but Lee Sin can run away if needed.
Ganking potential roughly equal.

Thus, at a 2-0 lead in my head, Lee Sin was a good choice to "Counter Trundle in the Jungle".

Quoted:
And you don't intend to fight him,

That was just me adding in a thought. Trundle is a strong duelist. If you run into him in either your jungle, his jungle, or the river you have 2 main choices. A) Fight him, or B) GTFO. Since Trundle is a duelist you either need to be a better duelist than him (Lee Sin is pretty good), or highly mobile to escape from his Pillar, and Contaiminate speed buffs. Lee Sin = good choice so far.

DuffTime wrote:
You don't intend to take his jungle.

Again, just what I inferred. The title asks "Who Counters Trundle in the Jungle", not "Who Should I Counter Jungle Trundle With?"

EDIT: Yeah, it took me a while to compose all my thoughts. Xenasis beat me to most of it.
"Listen to Joe... he knows what he's doing."
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 1:17pm | Report
BarbJ wrote:

Best way to counter is out farm, be better in teamfights, be a better duelist (should it come to that), and be a better ganker.

Lee Sin has AoE, and normally can clear faster than Trundle. Though Trundle will want to counterjungle, he can't if you kill it fast enough. Lee Sin 1, Trundle 0.
Lee Sin has AoE, more mobility, and better CC than Trundle (R and E, while Trundle has Pillar). Lee Sin 2, Trundle 0.
Dueling potential roughly equal, but Lee Sin can run away if needed.
Ganking potential roughly equal.

Thus, at a 2-0 lead in my head, Lee Sin was a good choice to "Counter Trundle in the Jungle".

Trundle can steal Leesin's damage, outDPS-ing him. Lee : 2 Trundle : 1
Trundle has a CC-reduction + huge AS buff when he's in his swamp-floor-thingy. and you WILL fight trundle in his swamp-floor-thingy if you fight him in the jungle. Lee : 2 Trundle : 2
Trundle can steal Leesin's tankyness with his ult, making leesin a lot squishier. Lee : 2 Trundle : 3

Lee Sin = not a bad choice to counter pick trundle, but not a good one either

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 1:35pm | Report
I'm not an expert, just my thoughts :)
I support utility guided virtue ethics.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

You clearly don't properly understand jungling.

Counterpicking, when it comes to jungling, isn't just "CAN X BEAT Y IN A DUEL/HARASS?" like top lane.

1; You're implying an awful lot with a statement like that Mr. Jungle, and you might want to consider the kinds of things you're implying with your words, or else you could look really silly when calling people out who are really advanced in a certain game like League. You're not the only one who knows when **** spawns, and who can kill the Blue Golem.

2; Obviously, that's why I'm laughing my *** off that people are talking about counter picking Trundle. You -cannot- counter what Trundle brings to the table. It's almost impossible to shut Trundle down enough to the point where Trundle can't contribute anything to a fight, because his most valueable attributes are debuffs and AoE slows. His damage and dueling capabilities are good enough (And that -can- be shut down to a certain extent), but are not the focus of his kit.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 2:38pm | Report
BarbJ wrote:

It's a fool's errand to try to counter a skilled jungler, and a waste of time and effort. If you don't believe me, just watch SaintVicious' stream. I hate the guy, but he's damn near impossible to effectively counterjungle.

And it's even worse to try to counter Trundle, what a silly idea. There's nothing to counter.

Fox Rage wrote:

Trundle can steal Leesin's damage, outDPS-ing him. Lee : 2 Trundle : 1
Trundle has a CC-reduction + huge AS buff when he's in his swamp-floor-thingy. and you WILL fight trundle in his swamp-floor-thingy if you fight him in the jungle. Lee : 2 Trundle : 2
Trundle can steal Leesin's tankyness with his ult, making leesin a lot squishier. Lee : 2 Trundle : 3

Lee Sin = not a bad choice to counter pick trundle, but not a good one either

I agree, Lee Sin is just a solid pick over all, so you might as well, but he (Along with pretty much everything else) doesn't counter Trundle.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide