Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who counters Trundle in the jungle?

Creator: Svingas February 14, 2012 1:06pm
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 6:55pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Damn, this is a great thread. Keep it up guys.

*Eats popcorn in the shadows*

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 6:59pm | Report
No, if I wanted to stir Duff up, I'd say something about a jungle route consisting of gank > gank > gank > gank. I was just showing appreciation for something that made me lol.

But on the topic at hand:

btw, the comment I made about jungle Trundle was just a joke. I know how devastating he can be when played properly, but that's the same with every champion. For instance, we had a jungle Lee Sin, and if you asked me up front if I thought Lee Sin was a better jungler (ganker, speed, sustain etc) than Gangplank, I'd say yes.

But the other day our Lee Sin was rolled by a Gangplank. Lee's ganks failed, his invasions failed, he missed skill shot etc.

I don't think one can say "X counters Z" straight up like that. But, to help the discussion, who counters Trundle? I would have to say Shyvana, because she's a faster jungler and can kill stuff really fast. I'm not supporting or pushing away other people's thoughts and opinions, just stating my own. If you need to "counter jungle" Trundle, I think Shyvana (or any over high mobility, fast clear time) jungler would be the champion you wanted.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:16pm | Report
Getting to the topic I'd say Nocturne, Rammus, Udyr or Shyvana.

Nocturne, Rammus & Udyr can beat Trundle in a 1v1 fight which makes them very dangerous to Trundle. If they keep haunting his jungle he'll is up for a very hard time.

Shyvana indeed considering her clearing speed although, she has to Burnout the hell out of his jungle if Trundle finds her xD.
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:24pm | Report
Don't you pick trundle to counter Rammus? I still say don't feed the troll and just go with what your team needs. If you suspect pillar to be a problem pick mobility champions.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:33pm | Report

Don't you pick trundle to counter Rammus? I still say don't feed the troll and just go with what your team needs. If you suspect pillar to be a problem pick mobility champions.

Yeah you could, but my 'theory' is that Rammus can definitely destroy Trundle in a 1v1 due to his endless taunt and crazy early damage. He should watch out for Trundle counterjungling him but I dont think Trundle will be that eager to do that since walking into Rammus would mean certain death.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:35pm | Report
Also, just mentioning Lee Sin again. Lee can actually beat Trundle 1 on 1 if Lee decides to max his Safeguard / Iron Will.
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:38pm | Report
Counterjungling is dead : o

To a degree some heroes like shyvana and shaco can get away with stealing buff objectives but at high level play these things are usually more so team objectives than Jungler objectives.

I say this with full knowledge than m5 shyvana did very well yes. But that was a team play not a jungler play. Trying to invade solo as a jungler (for chump change) will lose you just as many games as it will win provided players are decent.

Trundle can not turn into a dragon and fly away after stealing your red : < If you manage a team around him to complete this objective (pillar is good in jungle) then you have to factor in a lot more than just trundle v hero x,y,z

So maybe it's not dead but it's very much changed.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:46pm | Report
Very true, however counterjungling is definitely become more deadly than ever. Now that the big wolf and blue wraith are worth much more compared to the other creeps in the camp, and the fact that a bigger golem has been introduced which holds pretty much all the gold/experience, counterjungling has become extremely punishing.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:52pm | Report
In what world does Shyvana beat Trundle if she counterjungles? You can't burnout out because the pillar reduces your movespeed and it's hard to walk around it. You can't 1v1 because of his debuff. You can't 1v1 because he has steroids and you don't. You wont get out of his jungle alive because his pillar will delay you so long his teammates will show up, and because you brought Exhaust over Flash you cant go over the Baron wall or whatever. The only thing you can do is rely on your magic damage or on-hit portion of E, and from the guides on this site, no one levels it at all, save a select few.

Post-6? MAYBE if you're willing to blow your ult for a camp or two. Pre-6, shyvana gets trolled on by Trundle.

Bleh, ragepost :(
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 11:41pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Are you five years old?

omagma wrote:

No, why?

Are you missing someone to play with in your sandbox?

Haha :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide