Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your comments on Heal ?

Creator: AnIh June 15, 2011 1:55pm
1 2 3 4
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 9:39am | Report
To me Heal and Rally are two worthless Summoner Spells. Heal is an early game crutch which diminishes by level 5 or 6. It's countered by any sort of Mortal Strike debuff (Mortal Strike means you recieve 50% less healing) So to run down Heal's Counters:
MF
GP
Katarina
Tristana
Ignite
Executioner Blade ((I believe its active reduces healing recieved or that could be Bilgewater Cutlass))

There may be more items/champs that counter heal I cannot recall. There are better spells, Ghost/Flash/Exhaust for instance remain effective all game long. Buffing heal will not reduce the number of counters it has. It's not a bad spell on support champs but support champs already have serviceable heals.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 3:35pm | Report
AnIh wrote:

do you even read the topic? flash will most likely be removed with season 2 and heal maybe buffed

I forgot who said it, but someone said that they're happy with where Flash is at the moment, even with 10 flash games, and they aren't going to be removing it and doubt it will be nerfed. However, they have been testing a revamp of Flash where you can't use it if you've took damage, but that would make it pretty bad.

Also, about your comments for Flash -
It can end up being a "get out of jail free" for positioning, but to be honest, if you do use it to correct your bad positioning, you're only essentially using it for that and are 1 summoner spell down, compared to someone who doesn't use it for that.

Flash makes quite a lot of champions much more viable (Alistar, for example), removing Flash would destroy some champions, and remove a lot of tactical positioning/flashing. Taking the decision between flashing offensively and defensively can only be judged 99% accurately by a VERY good player.

@Searz
I know.

Still, if the healing was like, 750/1k and it was single target, your whole team jumping up 1k all at once would be pretty crazy. I was talking about the post-change Heal!

@jhoijhoi

Heimerdinger does heal turrets, but by a pretty negligible amount.
3 people don't push a turret, but then Heimerdinger turns up and they're like "Nope, too much healing". If heal could target turrets, that would very much be the case.
]
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 6:09pm | Report
The easiest way to fix heal ATM is to make it heal a percent of your HP... they could go more in depth later but it would be a good sort of hotfix kind of thing. They could even do that with rally, make it sort of a mini Rabadons for AD. (might be kinda OP) As far as clarity and flash goes, I'm ok with them where they are.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 1:43am | Report
%of HP would be ridiculously OP. Maybe if it had some kind of diminishing returns on high HP it might work, but I'm pretty sure there are better ways to go about fixing heal.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
tinolas
<Member>
tinolas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 2:18pm | Report
yeah 10% of your max health + 200 at lvl 1 up to 500 at lvl 18 base heal would be so OP.

If you got 500 HP you would get 250 health at lvl 1. Which would seem to be fine imo.
If you got 2k HP you would get 700 health at lvl 18. Which would seem to be fine imo as well.
If you got 5k HP you would get 1k health at lvl 18. Which would seem to be fine yet again.

These numbers are just an example but it's a good idea imo in general.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 2:21pm | Report
Think they need to take out heal and make another champion that can heal. More like a Soraka but more powerful in the sense thats all that person can do.
Replace heal with something that is a bit more offensive. Right now ignite is the only one.
tinolas
<Member>
tinolas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 2:27pm | Report
Exhaust is offensive and can be defensive as well.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 2:52pm | Report
Offensive as in doing damage. Not a CC
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 4:02pm | Report
What more culd you add than: Nuke the target.

???
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 4:20pm | Report
Heal should not be removed. It exists for a reason, to give any champion the ability to heal. Creating a new champion will in no way fix it.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide