League of Legends Patch 13.12 is the second patch after the recent rehaul to items that shifted the power dynamics across all roles. While the prior patch (13.11) addressed a few of those, like with Youmuu's Blade case, this patch 13.12 is going to be a bigger one (Especially in the balancing part).
Between the champion changes (Rumble adjustments and Zeri nerfs) to items changes and system adjustments (Statikk Shiv being buffed, and Imperial Mandate nerfed) there's a lot to unpack, so you better be ready to find out about this patch scheduled to go live on June 14.
This patch also marks the return of the Shan Hai Scrolls skin line
Shan Hai Kog'Maw
Champion Adjustments - Rumble Bruiser
Rumble is melting tanks now too!
Let's start it off with the Rumble and Lucian adjustments. Both of these champions have a strong presence in both Solo Queue and Pro Play (Rumble with less frequency), yet they are getting buffs and nerfs to help them on their rough edges and improve their satisfaction overall.
Goodbye to Lucian and Nami - LoL Patch 13.12
Lucian is getting better with Shield/Heal enchanters, but being worse with ones that give buffs like Nami, her most powerful duo partner. While this adjustment will improve his synergy with other champs the nerfed damage numbers and synergy with Nami are going to make him both more accessible and weaker.
Added HP, now Flame Splitter (Q) has a Target Max HP scaling damage, Scrap Shield (W) gives max hp (Base numbers nerfed), and overall buffs to the Mechanized Yordle. But like with every adjustment, not everything is a buff, his ultimate The Equalizer (R) cooldown now is going to be longer.
Buffs and Nerfs - League of Legends Patch 13.12
Ashe is poised to become the next OP ADC
A lot of buffs/nerfs to different roles in this League of Legends patch 13.12, but we can highlight specifically the ones being directed to the ADC role, and to supports. Let's start first with ADCs.
Ashe is getting huge buffs (Probably the stronger ADC next patch), those include: Better damage to Frost Shot (Passive) and Volley (W), and an improved AP ratio to her Enchanted Arrow (R). Other ADCs receiving buffs are Kai'Sa and Sivir, but they are minor.
Kog'Maw and Zeri are being nerfed. Kog'Maw is getting its Bio-Arcane Barrage (W) %HP damage nerfed, and Zeri is getting nerfs towards reducing her effectiveness with her most recent popular build, Trinity Force.
Only nerfs to supports in this patch, specifically to enchanters who are dominating Pro Play (Yuumi, Lulu, and Milio), and the newly reworked Rell.
The Gentle Flame is getting his base armor reduced along with armor growth, his passive on-hit damage is being lowered too. Maybe because Milio was dominating most competitive matches, the poor guy must need to be nerfed.
The hyper carry top is going to pop off in Patch 13.12
Nasus is one top champion receiving massive buffs. His Fury of the Sand (R) cooldown is being lowered (Especially in late game), and with improved sustain buffs that will aid his laning, expect him to be way stronger coming to this next patch. The other champ receiving buffs is Gangplank, but only to his Powder Keg (E) Recharge timer...
K'Sante's Footwork (E) cooldown is increased to make his mobility more bearable to play against. On the other hand, Gragas is only receiving a hit to his sustain, with an increase on his Happy Hour (Passive) cooldown.
Talking about staples in competitive that haven't seen much light as of right now, Ryze and Orianna are being buffed in League of Legends Patch 13.12.
Although small-sized in the case of Orianna with only her Command: Shockwave (R) numbers being improved, in Ryze's case he's getting a better AP ratio in his passive and Spell Flux (E), and a better missile speed for his E too.
Are these changes turning them into Meta Picks? Probably not, but this will for sure be welcomed by their player base.
There are no nerfs to Mid lane champions.
Last but not least, only one champion in the jungle is being touched, and that's Kha'Zix. Despite dominating Solo Queue and even having a presence in Pro Play (Not very common), he's receiving only minor nerfs to his base AD, so you can still play the cockroach assassin like always, but do be weary of this new early weakness.
System and Item Adjustments for League of Legends Patch 13.12.
A lot of system changes are coming to this patch 13.12, most of them being item buffs/nerfs. Let's start with the buffs, and end up wrapping up with the changes to the in-game system such as Red Buff or Duskblade Bug Fix.
More damage to the Energize attacks
Many items that got nerfed since the big update in patch 13.10 are receiving buffs, especially ADC ones. Other items are being tuned up after taking too much of a beat in the balance patch notes, like Statikk Shiv.
The first one on the buff list is Immortal Shieldbow, after being a Mythic staple in many duelists and ADCs like Samira, the now Legendary item has not been performing as before. Immortal Shieldbow buff is getting more life steal from 7% to 10%.
Two attack speed zeal items are receiving buffs. Statikk Shiv is getting more Energized damage, and Phantom Dancer (PD) attack speed is going from 30% to 35%.
Changes to PD are pretty good, and Statikk Shiv ones may make the best users of this item too "energized".
Last in the list of buffs is Moonstone Renewer, after being tuned down in previous patches, the enchanter item numbers for both its Echo Heal and Shield passive are getting buffed, and the same target bonus is also improved. This change alone to the item may make it a much more attractive option, especially considering the nerfs coming to the rest of the enchanter items in this same patch.
Nerfs to Items
Ardent Censer and Imperial Mandate are receiving Nerfs. Especially Imperial Mandate, which was getting more popular in the current patch, its damage is lowered in the latter parts of the game (and merely improved in early). The move speed is going from 20% to 25%, so that's a good thing.
Unlike Imperial Mandate, Ardent Censer is only receiving a nerf to his On-hit damage, removing the scaling damage of the item. Although very small, this change will make the item a lot worse.
Bloodthirster cost is increased from 3200 to 3400, not much to say, this will impact the flow, but as a late purchase, it may not impact as much as Galeforce adjustments.
Galeforce damage is being lowered, along with it, its Active damage is being nerfed and the crit scaling is changed to 45% bonus AD (So much less burst).
The last change is to Rapid Firecannon. The energized damage scaling was too much, so it's removed.
Two red buffs were too much
Three minor changes, listing it out before going down to the list.
- -1 Gold per minion kill removed from the Mid lane (Gold back to even)
- More people with Red Buff are too strong, so the damage, slow, and health regen are nerfed.
- Duskblade of Draktharr Bug with Ultimates is fixed. Katarina and Samira were among the best users of it.
- Overheal Shield is being nerfed to marksmen after level 5, but a buff to fighters.
Below is the entire list of changes, for more of a detailed breakdown of the changes.
For more content on the latest League of Legends and TFT updates, check our News section. Our companion app just received a neat update, check it out here
List of Changes - League of Legends Patch 13.12
- Passive: Frost Shot Bonus damage increased: 115% >>> 120%
- W: Volley Base damage increased: 10/25/40/55/70 >>> 20/35/50/65/80
- R: Enchanted Crystal Arrow AP ratio increased: 100% >>> 120%
- E: Powder Keg Recharge time reduced: 18 flat >>> 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
- Passive: Happy Hour Cooldown increased: 8 >>> 12 seconds
- Base Stats - AD per level increased: 2 >>> 2.6
- Base Stats - Base AD reduced: 63 >>> 60
- W: Bio-Arcane Barrage
- Max HP ratio reduced: 3.5/4.25/5/5.75/6.5% >>> 3/3.75/4.5/5.25/6%
- E: Footwork - Cooldown increased: 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 >>> 10.5/10/9.5/9/8.5 seconds
- Passive: Lightslinger - Damage reduced: 14(+20%AD) >>> 10(+15% AD)
- Vigilance is now readied if healed or shielded by an ally OR an enemy champion within 1000 unit is immobilized
- Base stats - Base armor reduced: 29 >>> 26
- Passive: Pix, Faerie Companion Damage reduced: 15-117 >>> 9-111 (based on level)
- E: Help Pix! Ally cast shield increased: 75/110/145/180/215 >>> 75/115/155/195/235
- Passive: Soul Eater - Life steal increased: 9/14/19% >>> 11/16/21% (based on levels 1/7/13)
- R: Fury of the Sands Cooldown reduced: 120 flat >>> 120/100/80 seconds
- R: Command: Shockwave Damage increased: 20/350/450(+90% AP) >>> 250/400/550(+95% AP)
- Base Stats Default adaptive force changed: AD >>> AP
- Q: Shattering Strike Damage reduced: 70/110/150/190/230 >>> 60/100/140/190/220 Cast time reduced: 0.5 seconds >>> 0.4 seconds Monster damage adjusted: 300% >>> 150/220/290/360/430 bonus damage
- W: Ferromancy: Mount Up/ Crash Down Crash Down damage reduced: 70/100/130/160/190 >>> 60/90/120/150/180
- Crash down monster damage adjusted: 300% >>> 150/200/250/300/350 bonus damage
- Mount up damage adjusted: 300% >>> 20/50/80/110/140 bonus damage
- E: Full Tilt Damage reduced: 35/50/65/80/95 (+4% targets max HP) >>> 25/35/45/55/65(+3% targets max HP)
- Max HP damage to monsters capped at 150
- Monster damage adjusted: 250% >>> 100/145/190/235/280 bonus damage
- Passive: Arcane Mastery - AP ratio increased: 6% per 100 AP >>> 10% per 100 AP
- E: Spell Flux AP ratio increased: 45% >>> 50% Missile speed increased: 3500 >>> 4000
- Base stats Base HP reduced: 659 >>> 625 HP per level increased: 99 >>> 105
- Passive: Junkyard Titan Maximum heat increased: 100 >>> 150 (Danger Zone remains at 50 heat)
- Overheat duration reduced: 5.25 >>> 4 seconds
- Overheat attack speed increased: 20-80% >>> 50-130% (based on level)
- Overheat monster damage cap adjusted: 80 flat >>> 65-150
- Q: Flamespitter Damage adjusted: 180/220/260/300/340 >>> 135/150/165/180/195(+6/7/8/9/10% targets max HP)
- Monster damage cap added: 65/125/185/245/305
- Minion damage reduced: 60/65/70/75/80% >>> 55/60/65/70/75%
- W: Scrap Shield Shield adjusted: 60/90/120/150/180(+45% AP) >>> 25/55/85/115/145(+25% AP)(+4% max HP)
- E: Electro Harpoon Heat generated increased: 10 >>> 20
- R: The Equalizer Cooldown increased: 100/85/70 >>> 130/105/80 seconds
- Base Stats AD per level reduced: 2.8 >>> 2.5
- W: Ricochet AD ratio increased: 25/30/35/40/45% >>> 30/35/40/45/50%
- E: Zoomies Bonus attack speed reduced: 35% >>> 25/27.5/30/32.5/35%
- R: Final Chapter Heal per hit reduced: 35/50/65 >>> 25/40/55
- Base stats Movement speed increased: 330 >>> 335
- Passive: Living Battery Shield steal and move speed buff whilst shielded removed
- Burst Fire passive moved here. Fully charged basic attacks now activate Sheen
- Q: Burst Fire Q-Passive moved to Passive. No longer activates Sheen (like an attack)
- E: Spark Surge On-hit damage critical strike chance ratio increased: 65% >>> 85%
- On-hit damage reduced: 15-30 (level 1-18) >>> 15
- Price increased: 3200 >>> 3400
- AD decreased: 55 >>> 50 Active damage adjusted: 150-350 (+200% Crit) >>> 150-350 (+45% bonus AD)
- Lifesteal increased: 7% >>> 10%
- Coordinated Fire mark damage reduced: 35-75 (levels 1-18) >>> 40-60 (levels 8-18)
- Coordinated Fire mark consumption damage reduced: 70-150 (levels 1-18) >>> 80-120 (levels 8-18)
- Coordinated Fire movement speed increased: 20% >>> 25%
- Echo heal adjusted: 20-40% (based on ally level) >>> 35%
- Echo shield adjusted: 30-40% (based on ally level) >>> 40%
- Same target heal bonus adjusted: 15-30% (based on ally level) >>> 25%
- Same target shield bonus adjusted: 20-30% (based on ally level) >>> 30%
- Mythic Passive changed: 5 ability haste >>> 5 Heal & Shield power
- Attack speed increased: 30% >>> 35%
- Energize damage increased: 80-190(level 7-18) >>> 100-180(level 6-18)
- Shield adjusted: 20-300(levels 1-18) >>> 11% max HP (nerf to marksmen after level 5, buff to fighters)
- Damage reduced: 6 + 6 x level (12-114) >>> 6 + 4 x level (10-78)
- Slow reduced: 10/15/25 >>> 10/15/20 (based on levels 1/6/11, halved for ranged)
- Out-of-combat max HP regeneration reduced: 1/3/9% >>> 1/3/5% (based on levels 1/6/11)