[12.17] Tristana guide by misterfirstblood
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Ability Order Standard
Threats & Synergies
Champion Build Guide
She received a massive attack speed Buff on hr Q that will definetely help her while this patch.
+ Super strong in early
+ High attack range
+ A pretty nice mobility tool
- Weird scaling in to late, Hail of blades gives you good early, in mid you get weaker but in late you outrange most of champs what makes her okay again.
- AP scaling on R, W and E. Abilities won't do a lot of damage in late.
- Can't freeze well because of passive
Increases Tristana's Attack Range as she levels.
Q: Rapid Fire
Tristana fires her weapon rapidly, increasing her Attack Speed for a short time.
W: Rocket Jump
Tristana fires at the ground to propel her to a distant location, dealing damage and slowing surrounding units for a brief period where she lands.
E : Explosive Charge
When Tristana kills a unit, her cannonballs burst into shrapnel, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. Can be activated to place a bomb on a target enemy that explodes after a short duration dealing damage to surrounding units.
R: Buster Shot
Tristana loads a massive cannonball into her weapon and fires it at an enemy unit. This deals Magic Damage and knocks the target back. If the target is carrying the Explosive Charge bomb, the bomb detonation radius is doubled.
Since you gain a lot of attack speed anyway from your Q ability you can theoretically buy Infinity Edge next, but i personally prefer Rapid Firecannon as second option. Mortal Reminder or The Collector are okayish items aswell but in my opionion they are too specific to recommend in every game.
These 3 form your main damage core and grant you 60% crit which means there is room for 2 more DPS items to maximise your damage. The next best options are either Bloodthirster Mercurial Scimitar and Lord Dominik's Regards if youre up against tanky opponents.
If you really need more survivability you can buy Maw of Malmortius or Guardian Angel but in a regular build im trying to avoid that.
Since the item build changed tristana is rather an early game option than a total late game hypercarry so hail of blades really makes her better in that case.
Taste of Blood gives you sustain while Treasure Hunter rewards risky plays and allow you to take more impact earlier in the game by giving additional gold.
Eyeball Collection isnt a super impactful rune choice but the otheres aren't either. Feel free to pick what you like the most.
As secondary tree Precision is very important for Legend: Bloodline and Triumph. Triumph further rewards risky plays and often let you survive all ins, while bloodline lets you survive while laning.
The perfect allround setup that optimizes sustain and damage.
- If your W is on cooldown try to land your fully stacked E by using Q afterwards and spamming attacks on an enemy. If the bomb explodes your cooldown gets resetted and you can maybe escape. Attacking is sometimes the best defense.
- Dont always use R to execute enemies. You can deny engages from champs like leona or alistar with it and save yourself or teammates.
- If you manage to get a fully stacked E of, you W cooldown will reset. Using that mechanic while in air allows you to perform multiple jumps and going for impactful plays in teamfights.
- Reposition yourself with W as often as you can. Everytime you get an assist or kill it's cooldown gets resetted and you can jump again.
- You are very good at pushing towers, so really try to survive teamfights, rather dont get a kill and die afterwards than dying for a kill.
- When you cant dodge a binding or hook, activate W before you get hit. You will escape anyway. Tristana's dash is one of the oldschool dashes that still work like this. But still remember ; you have to activate it before get hit and you may not be able to escape from everything. You will have to learn how exactly it behaives.
If you wanna see more of my league content or xayah clips check out my channel
or check out my latest video
leave a like or comment if you enjoyed it!