Draven Build Guide by Dayum Draven
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Early Lethality Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Draven with this build
|Corki||Corki is ez pz. You out damage him by ALOT. Don't be afraid to fight him. Your E will disrupt alot of his movement|
|Kalista||Kalista is a weak ADC. You can easily poke her down|
Pros / Cons
1. You have very high Dmg
2. They won't be able to react fast enough
3. You have really strong engages
4. Lots of sustain
5. You have way more gold than other ADC's
1. You need alot of gold to start the build properly
2. If you get camped early, it'll be hard to catch up
3. You're vulnerable to poke very early
Always take Full AD Marks Greater Mark of Attack Damage, Full Armor seals Greater Seal of Armor, Full MR Glyphs Greater Glyph of Magic Resist and full Attack speed Quints Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed. These will give you the start that you need. Under some circumstances if you want to be risky you can abandon your glyphs for more attack speed, or abandon your quints for more AD.
I highly recommend Warlord's Bloodlust with biscuits. I know biscuit's seem weird to take on Draven but to do very good early game you need that clutch hp and mana incase you want first blood. In some circumstances you can take Fervor of Battle, but it isn't recommended because you'll lack attack speed, and you'll just have to use another guide.
For items you always want to get your BF Sword first back, and if you can a vamp scepter too. If you can't afford BF sword right away, try to get a vamp scepter . Don't rush Bloodthirster though. The vamp scepter is for reassurance which you will need. Rush Infinite Edge which will put you ahead by alot because they won't be that tanky yet. After IE , get boots Berserker's Greavers then BT . Follow by a Phantom Dancer . Your next item can either be a Youmuu's Ghostblade if you're doing really good to shred HP or you can get Mercurial Scimitar if your team lacks peel and you need more Sustain.
You want to always max your Q first because that's where all of your damage comes from. Don't skip around because you will DEEPLY regret it. Make sure you upgrade your ult at the 3 levels that you can, which are 6, 11, and 16. Once you finish maxing out your Q, you then want to max your W so you can pursue and destroy. Once you max out your W, you can then max out your E .
As for your spells, the spells you want to take are Flash Flash and Heal Heal. Those are kind of a given for most ADCs. If you want a super kill lane for alot of kills, you can take Flash and Ignite but I won't recommend it because Heal is very important to survive in the early game.
When playing Draven in ranked, you mostly want to ban Caitlyn. She's a very hard counter to Draven, but if you're not too worried about ADCs you can ban one of the really high threat supports as you can see above. Also avoid getting ganked alot because it will set you back alot and it won't be easy to catch up.
Creeping / Jungling
Blue buff is VERY important for you, especially because with this build you can go in hard and fast, but Mana is a problem. Control your mana and if you're on the Red team, make sure you take advantage of that. If you fall behind and need a boost to catch up gold wise, golems are the best.
You have a really strong early game, because you won't need your Bloodthirster right away. Make trades for pokes, but don't take too much depending on the heaaler. Protect your healer, because they will portect you.
You're poke will be way stronger which will definitely help you get that early start of the build that you will need. Their usefulness will run out, but once you get your first 3 items you're good
They will help you all the way with this build. Make sure you know what and what you can't do because if you overstep your boundaries you can mess up. Make sure you wait for them to engage and keep up for the most optimal plays
With Damage supports they can usually do the poking for you, allowing you to Farm a bit more freely which can allow you to get that big start gold that you need to begin the build. Pay attention to your support, because if they poke enough they can either open opportunities for free kills or get caught. Make sure you keep an eye on them. These supports tend to be "loose cannons"
(Q) Spinning Axe:
1. Draven's Spinning axes scale on your max AD, so it's important to get alot of damage early
2. When you attack with Draven you can move your mouse to a location and click there. You're axe will fall somewhere onto that direction.
3. Unless it's a Yasuo wind wall, Champions with shields such as Morgana and Braum won't block and erase your spinning axes.
(W) Blood Rush:
1. You're Blood Rush will reset every time you pick up an Axe
2. Try to use your blood rush right after you Attack so you can rush towards and pick up your axe to refresh again
(E) Stand Aside!:
1. Try not to waste your E because it is VERY important
2. You're E pushes them in the direction from the edge that you used it
3. You're E is a strong engager if you can't catch up to the enemy
(R) WHIRLING DEATH:
1. You're ult will Reverse after it hits the first champion, so be precise
2. The damage will reduce after hitting a unit such as a minion, so look for a clear path
3. Try to aim for the path they will be at, instead of directly at them so it will be harder for them to dodge