Blitzcrank Build Guide by DaSticks
[9.23] DaSticksCrank - High Elo Blitzcrank GuideBy DaSticks | Updated on November 29, 2019
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+1-10% CDR (lvls 1-18)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Threats & Synergies
Squishy and very easy to hook.
Pretty squishy, easy to kill. Can hook out of tunnel.
Thresh shouldn't be too hard just don't let him hook your adc. Thresh can't move while throwing his hook so you can easily hook him. If you hook his adc thresh can lantern them to safety so either block the lantern with wards/yourself or just focus thresh.
She can spell-shield your hook, but you can hook other laner. You can remove morg shield with your ultimate (magic damage).
Can block you and your hooks. Very annoying if his on-top of you.
Will beat you up. Very tanky. Can combo you or your ADC if you hook him.
Just hook her and she'll die.
Can cancel your hook with his jump. If you run
Can hook enemies into traps. Caitlyn can hold lane solo while you roam.
Great all in potential. She can shove lane solo.
Super weak in lane. Hard to get ahead, Vayne will always be strong later though. Can hook targets near walls for her condemn.
He does decent damage and has decent kill pressure.
This guy does lots of damage, so if you hook em they'll probably die.
Can hold her own.
Not the best pick with lucian.
Will get shoved in.
Champion Build Guide
- Good level 1 invade.
- Good hooks can win you the game late-game.
- Can roam.
- Potential to snowball really hard.
- Fairly Useless when hook is on cooldown.
- Can't harass opponents in lane.
- Bad at shoving the lane Pre 6.
- No reliable escapes.
Early game you need to assess whether your botlane or the enemy botlane will be shoving. If you can try and shove and try and use level 2 advantage to all in them.
If your botlane has kill pressure you should walk up the lane and brushes to scare the enemy away from cs. You don't have to throw your hook as doing so will give the enemy a window to get free farm or harass you. Try and hook the enemies while they stand still to farm.
In lanes where the enemy will shove and harass you just let them push in and try not to take too much damage. Try and hook them under tower or use the length of the lane to run them down when the enemy minions have died.
Some tips for early:
- Make sure to ward the tri-brush and river brush when available.
- Only all in if you know the enemy Jungler isn't there or if it doesn't matter.
- If all inning you can sprint up to them (or flash on them) use your E and save hook until they flash.
You mostly want to be getting objectives for your team and roaming between whatever lane your AD is in and mid-lane. After taking bot tower usually it is best for your adc to go toplane and your toplaner to hold bottom (especially if you have taken the dragon already.
Tips for midgame:
- Don't feel afraid to wait in the fog of war for unsuspecting opponents so you can countergank / help your teammates as soon enemies arrive.
- Try and get vision control on objectives (mostly drake) before your enemies do and force the enemies to facecheck you.
- Only leave lane when you have pushed the wave to their tower or if you are running from spawn. Don't let the enemies hit your turret while you are gone.
During sieges try and walk up to scare the enemies away from harassing/clearing the creep waves. Just make sure you don't get snared or take free damage.
Tips for late-game:
- Make sure you don't engage into unfair fights (eg. there is 5 enemies and your toplaner is splitting a side lane)
- You hold your hook and CC to peel for fed members of your team instead of blowing your cooldowns looking for greedy kills.
- Try and ultimate early in fights as the zekes slowfield lasts 10 seconds and you is very effective for peeling. (also the damage it gives your adc is insane).
The main buff is that his hook now has an extra 100 range! This allows you to grab buffs over walls from much further away and also means enemies will have to try sidestep your hook!
Blitzcranks ult passive now stacks up to 3 times aswell however this isn't too useful since you aren't building attack speed.
It's still very much a work in progress but hopefully you learnt something :)
I stream most days at www.twitch.tv/dasticks so make sure to drop by if you have any questions.