This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Build Guide by Hell_Pet
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
This character is so super strong but not many people play him though, I don't know why. He's also very fun to play with!
- Great farmer the whole game
- Big range with his barrels
- Good ulti to do massive damage and bring an enemy to you
- Good chaser with body slam
- Can pass through thin walls with body slam
- Can stay long early game while laning
- Short ultimate cooldown
- People can avoid your barrels
- Ulti doesn't always help you
How to play with Gragas:
Gragas is good early game. His barrels do much damage and enemies are afraid of your barrels so farming can be hard for them, especially melee heroes. Don't use your Barrel Roll too many times because you don't have much mana early game. When you have Drunken Rage, always use it if you need mana or if you go into battle.
Try to stay as long as possible and farm as much as you can because you need your Rod of Ages. If you have your Rod of Ages in 15 minutes, you are doing good.
You should have your Rod of Ages now already. Now first go buy some boots because your movement speed is way too low. Then go for the Mejai's Soulstealer. You should have these items fairly fast. Then it's time to buy that Relai's Crystal Scepter to make him harder to kill and to make him stronger.
There are only 2 empty spots left, now it's time for pure ownage. You can choose now, first buy a Deathcap and then a Lich Bane or first the Lich Bane and then a Deathcap. I prefer the Deathcap first because I want much more AP. After the Deathcap you have only 1 empty spot left so I would buy a Sheen for your Lich Bane. You can also buy the Blasting Wand first but a Sheen is overal expensiver but it takes only 1 spot and it's made from 3 items (2 items and recipe).
When you are finished you should have around 3300 HP and about 780 AP. Gragas IS very strong!
- (Farming) Try to use your barrels in a way you can hit all the creeps.
- (Harrassing) Throw barrels behind the enemies. Most of the time enemies walk back when you throw a barrel, so then they walk right into your barrel, BOOM.
- Use your ulti for picking 1 enemy out, finish an enemy if there's a chance he can flee, defending your allies or yourself.
Exhaust and Ghost are in my opinion the 2 best summoner skills.
Have fun, tips and comments are welcome.