Sona Build Guide by zzShockzz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
You might be wondering, why Sona? She can Heal, Dish out Damage, Give Movement Speed, along with a nice AOE Ultimate that can turn Team Fights into your favor. Even though Sona can dish out some nice damage at early levels, she needs Health, CRD, Mana Regen, and even more. This build is aimed to be supporting Sona rather then going full out AP. This build also allows you to spam your ability's without going mana hungry. As Sona's heal only scales with .25 AP, We won't be going heavy AP, As it would give you more damage on offense instead of your heal.
+ Versatile Buffs
+ Low Cool Downs
+ Decent Damage
+ Good Mobility
+ Easy Assists
+ Decent CC
- Squishy Early Game
- Low AP Ratio On Heal
- Extremely Vulnerable to CC
- Need A Decent Team
I got 9/0/21 because in the Utility Tree you go for Mana Regen, along with CDR.
In the Offence Tree you want to get AP, CDR, along with some Magic Pen.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Helps out early game with your spells.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Gives some Magic Penetration.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction: Cool Down Reduction, Allows you to spam your spells easier.
- greater seal of Replenishment: Helps out early game, allowing to use spells more often.
Clairvoyance: The best Summoner Spell for Supports, Allow your team vision to the other teams blue, Baron, Dragon, ect.
Flash: A must have, allows you to do so many things. Allows for chasing and allows for running away, too valuable to skip this Summoner Spell.
- Power Chord: Often a looked over passive, This will make you some-what dangerous in you're lane. With Sona's rework, you're going to have to think more. Depending on what skill you casted lasted. (Q, W, and E) it will give you a bonus effect on Power Chord.
Tips: When you start off the game, make sure you hit your q three times to charge up Power Chord.
Hymn of Valor: Allows you to hit for double the damage.
Aria of Perseverance: Allows your team mate to receive 20% less damage.
Song of Celerity: Slows a enemy.
- Hymn of Valor (Q): Your main harass skill, along the arua increasing 20+ AP / Damage. This is automatically hit enemy champions over enemy minions, so you don't need to worry about positioning. You will be maxing this first.
- Aria of Perseverance (W): Sona's Heal, It has horrible AP Ratio at .25, with Taric's and Soraka's being better, but you can cast 3 or so of your heal to 1 of theirs. The arua gives a nice boost of armor and magic resistance to your fellow team. You will be maxing this second.
- Song of Celerity (E): This spell allows you to run away and chase, it also helps you go from spawn to your lane faster.
You will be maxing this last.
- Crescendo (R): Sona's ultimate is Crescendo, this stuns enemy's for a couple of seconds and dealing a nice amount of damage. In team fights you want to make sure you land Crescendo on as many enemy champions as possible, this can easily turn around team fights. Don't use your ultimate to steal kills when your carry could of bought another item to help your team out more then you could. I know it's hard, but try to avoid it. You will be putting points into this whenever you can.
Ability Sequence Order
You will be making out your ultimant Crescendo first, of course.
You will be maxing Hymn of Valor second as I stated I am a more agressive Sona, so maxing out my main source of damage is what I usualy do. (If you are getting harassed alot you may max out Aria of Perseverance first)
I then max out Aria of Perseverance to be able to heal my lanning partner a decent amount.
Make sure you get a point in it at level 2.
You will be maxing out Song of Celerity last, as it's the least important of your skills.
Make sure you get a point in it at level 4.
: Give you some health, allows fellow team members mana regen along with some CDR.
: Gives you health and AP, Allowing to hit slight harder and to heal more.
: The reason I get Boots of Swiftness is because I find that with these boots and Song of Celerity you will be very hard to catch if you are out of position.
: This is where the main part of your mana comes from, you also get extra AP and more Mana Per 5 Seconds.
: This is mainly for the armor, as late game you would get shred without any armor, You also get some more mana.
- : You're last item as it gives you the Magic Resistance that you need, along with some AP and lowering their magic resistance.
Farming / Team Fights
In the lane you should get barley any, if any creep kills. You should leave that to your carry partner as you are just protecting them along with healing them.
You will want to be in the bushes, someone coming out to hit a enemy champion with your Q or just healing your lanning partner.
In team fights you want to stay towards the back, hitting your Q, healing your team mates with your W and trying to hit the whole enemy team with your ultimate. You want to try to keep your team alive as long as possible. Also, if you're afraid you might miss your ultimate feel free to keep it until the other team runs away or if your team needs to get away.
Sona I think is one of the funnest champions to play, if you get the right team mates you can go very far. If you have a questions or want to know why I do something besides something else, feel free to put a comment below asking me, I will respond to any questions.
Please up vote the guide if it helped you in any way, or if you feel like you need to down vote please comment on why you did it and what I could improve to make this guide better.
Some credit to some of my friends on LoL, as they helped me with some of the items on this build.
Also some credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
This is my first guide on MobaFire, so please tell me how I can improve as this is the first time I did this.
I hope you guys enjoy the Build and Guide! :)