Build Guide by Protòtype
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Build!
As you may already know, I have recently created my own Brand Build.
Vayne, fascinated me when I saw her in action.
Hello, and welcome to my Vayne build.
In this Build, we'll take a look at how one should play Vayne, and what items i recommend to him.
Also which Summoner Spells you should use, and why you should use it.
I will also share with you why I use items over others.
Maybe you should also take a look of what tips you should follow.
Please give me feedback! Positive and negative is appreciated, as long it's constructive!! :)
Hope you enjoy this build! : )
I'm gonna update this build, almost every day!
Introduction - Story
The world is not always as civilized as people might think. There are still those who would follow the blackest paths of magic and become corrupted by the darker powers that flow through Runeterra. Shauna Vayne knows this fact well. As a young privileged girl in the heart of Demacia's elite, her father tried to convince her of the constabulary's ever-vigilant eye. Young and nave, she truly believed that her world was one of perfect safety, until one night, when a twisted witch took interest in her father. The malevolent woman overcame her father's conciliar guard, then tortured her family before murdering them. The young Shauna escaped only by hiding herself and then fleeing once the hag had departed, plagued by the screams of her loved ones as she ran. A burning hatred was born in her that day, one that could never be denied.
Vayne was able to take care of herself using her father's money, and she began to train as soon as an instructor would have her as a student. By the time she was a fully grown woman, she had become a grim warrior. However, the fields of battle were not to be her home. Demacia needed a protector, one who hunted those lost to the darkness. Shauna used her family's contacts to become the first Night Hunter, and now her prowess is the stuff of legends. It is said that those who practice the black arts quake when they hear that the Night Hunter is on the prowl. Despite her crusade, Shauna has looked at the League of Legends in horror. There are champions who have clearly lost themselves to the blackest of magics, and who have been embraced within the League even though they should be put down for the safety of all. The time has come for the Night Hunter to execute her secret mission ¬ to purge the League of Legends.
Not all shadows are to be feared. At least, if Vayne has her way.
Pros & Cons
- Fast with passive
- Amaaazing Burst!
- Great DPS
- Amazing ultimate
- Tumble has many uses
- difficult to play against others champions with stun
- Always getting focused in team fights
- Stealth only in 1.5 sec.
- You're dead if your getting stunned
- With Tumble you cannot pass over walls
Early in the game, I think you should go for mid lane.
But if you're not allowed for any reason, I think you should go with a champion with stun, if it's possible.
But if you are allowed to go mid, you should follow these few tips:
- Remember to farm a lot!! (Cause your expensive build.)
- Always make sure to buy Dorans's blade, if you really don't like doran's I think you should go for attack speed or something, but I recommend Doran's blade.
Doran's blade, gives you usable Attack Damage, combined with 3% life steal and 100 health.
- After you've played a while in your lane, and have come to lvl 5-6, Is it time to head back to the base.
- If you have farmed enough you should be able to afford to buy Berserker Greaves Berserker Greaves one dagger and maybe a few health potions.
- In your first move you should start with the ability: Tumble
- After you have come in level three, you must assume that your enemy is playing very defensive, probably.
This is not necessarily a disadvantage for you, you can try to zone them to keep them from getting experience.
- If your enemy already has little life left and needs to return to base, you should use the chance to push his tower, while you kill all of his minions, and then going back to base.
- But if you're playing in the middle, you should buy two wards, like you wont get ganked.
- If you are getting ganked, and you don't have wards sight ward, I think you should thank your "escape route" = - you just cant die, easy as ****! =)
Once you have reached lvl 8-10, you should have built your Black cleaver
and done with Madrod's razors
As you should upgrade to the Madred's bloodrazor
This item is almost intended for Vayne, Bloodrazor's Bloodrazor passive is awesome combined with his own ability: W "Silver Bolts"
these two are like a double passive, equal to % of your targets maximum health.
- Now the enemy will focus on you first in team fights, so make sure to stay behind your team, and do everything you can!
- Try always to make some ganks with your teammates! You should always open with R - Q and hopefully pull the target into a wall, and stun the target.
- At the end of the Mid Game, you should have built: Done Trinity force and The Bloodthirster
- If you have survivability problems, you should go for Banshee's Veil
- But if you're actually fighting against only a melee-team, you should either go for Phage because of it's amazing health, and slow. = instead of magic resistance.
- Later in the game, you should upgrade it to Frozen Mallet ,
As you may already have seen, I've added seven items.
This means that you have to choose between last whisper and Infinity Edge
Vayne ruthlessly hunts evil-doers. She gains bonus Movement Speed when moving toward nearby enemy champions.
Vayne tumbles, maneuvering to carefully place her next shot. She rolls toward the cursor and her next attack deals bonus damage.
Vayne tips her bolts with a rare metal, toxic to evil things. The third consecutive attack or ability against the same target deals a percentage of the target's maximum Health as bonus true damage. (Max damage vs. Monsters is capped)
Vayne draws a heavy crossbow from her back, and fires a huge bolt at her target, dealing damage and knocking them back. If they collide with terrain, they are impaled, dealing bonus damage and stunning them.
Readying herself for an epic confrontation, Vayne gains increased Attack Damage, stealth during Tumble, and quadruple the bonus Movement Speed from Night Hunter.
Here's some tips:
1.Farm a lot. Your build will be expensive so make sure to farm creeps.Besides,it's something that Brand can do easily.
2. Stay back in team fights.You will most probably be the first target. Probably.
3. Whenever going back to base, always get a couple of potions (do that until lvl 11).
4. Vayne is squishy so make sure not to overreact.Once you do the mistake there's no turning back,no way to escape like other champions. Demand from your teammates to say miss.
5. Always use you ultimate in team fights.
6. Make sure to combine your spells correctly. R -> Q = Stealth, high damage and E to stun.
7. Tumble has many uses, but it cannot pass over walls.
8. Condemn can be used to both pin targets to walls to ensure a kill, or to escape a pursuer.
9. Don't go in first to a large teamfight. Wait for your teammates to initiate.
Ghost - The Ghost/Flash
combo is the pretty standard squishy survival kit.
I recommend, flash and ghost to Vayne.
This spell can be very useful in team fights or 1v1. Removes all stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, silences, blinds and immobilizers and reduces the duration of subsequent crowd control effects applied by 65% for 3 seconds.
Can be very useful in team fights, because you're going to be the first target.
Reduces a target's Attack Damage by 70%, Ability/Item damage by 35% and slows its Movement Speed by 40% for 3 seconds. 550 Range (estimate).
But I don't recommend this to Vayne.
Don't bother with anything else!