Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

-Emikadon's Graphic Café-

Creator: Emi May 4, 2014 5:50pm
Demolibium
<Member>
Demolibium's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 4:15am | Report
Your signatures are pretty interesting, I could use one too :3. As i am one of the laziest people alive, i won't make my own.... But anyways, I'd like to get one with zed, the normal skin.
For the Quote..... i wanted to use the Batman one, but i think it would be too long :P
You know.... that," Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it."
Most likely its too long, so if thats not possible then just the second part of this dialogue
"The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!"

I really like your works, could you teach me just abit on the usage of texts.
Uhm... and if possible could you tell me how you paint your backgrounds :P

And here is a cookie for your efforts :D

Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 10:57am | Report
This was a bit strange to work with because of the length of the text, but this is what I have :)

For the texts on my sigs, I honestly just do whatever I think looks best on them. I just play around with it and see what I like the most. For example, if I want the text to be bright and really pop, I make the font a white color, set it to overlay, and then use a drop shadow to make it look 3D. If I want it dark and shadowy, I set it to a color that matches the scheme, and then use an inner shadow to get the texture I want.

For the one that I made you, I was actually trying something out and I think it turned out really nice. I made the font a black color, and set the fill to about 5%. I then used an outer glow, using these settings (I don't have access to my computer, only my laptop, so this is done on PS CS2. The settings should be the same on PS CS6 though). I then duplicated it a couple times until I was satisfied with the darkness of the shadow.

As for the backgrounds, I just use the picture that you provide me ^_^ I learned this from a tutorial here on MOBAFire actually: Taking the original image, I duplicate 3 times. Set the first copy to Screen, and Gaussian blur it to about 5 pixels. Set the layer right above that to multiply, at 40% opacity, and sharpen the edges. Finally, I put the last duplicated layer to Overlay, and change that layer's opacity to 40% as well. That'll give the colors some vibrancy, as well as give it a nice, glowing texture.
Thanks to Ubnoxius for the sig!
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:18am | Report
Damn Emi..............you really know your artwork.
Thank you to Emikadon for this sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:21am | Report
Emi you suck but you aren't going to get hurt because I use this super fancy rainbow text which makes you feel calm and sleepy. Your eyelids are getting heavier and you are feeling nausea. Now you fall and I whisper into your ear: "Lil' Timmy, sob stories on imgur aren't real"

AND JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT I COULDN'T GET ANY CREEPIER

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:23am | Report
Electro522 wrote:

Damn Emi..............you really know your artwork.

Hehe, thanks :3

Janitsu wrote:

Emi you suck but you aren't going to get hurt because I use this super fancy rainbow text which makes you feel calm and sleepy. Your eyelids are getting heavier and you are feeling nausea. Now you fall and I whisper into your ear: "Lil' Timmy, sob stories on imgur aren't real"

AND JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT I COULDN'T GET ANY CREEPIER

Dear god how long did it take you to write all of that out? o_o
Made this sig myself :)
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:27am | Report
Quoted:

As for the backgrounds, I just use the picture that you provide me ^_^ I learned this from a tutorial here on MOBAFire actually: Taking the original image, I duplicate 3 times. Set the first copy to Screen, and Gaussian blur it to about 5 pixels. Set the layer right above that to multiply, at 40% opacity, and sharpen the edges. Finally, I put the last duplicated layer to Overlay, and change that layer's opacity to 40% as well. That'll give the colors some vibrancy, as well as give it a nice, glowing texture.

This is from Nameless's tutorial correct? I remember doing this back in the day.

The only problem with this is that is reduces the detail of the image since you are saturating the image more, making this technique somewhat bad.

Try this next time. Instead of all that, duplicate the image and set it to soft light 50-65%. The two images below is the before and after.

The thing about soft light is that it emphasizes both the lights and darks of the image while still keeping detail, compared to the other way where it only emphasizes the lights but loses detail
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Thanks again to TheNamelessBard for this fantastic signature, you can check our her signatures here
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:31am | Report
Everything is possible if you are a unicorn.
() //\( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\\ (̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿̿ ̿) (_)(°°) ل͜) (́)ل͜ ºل͟º ( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°) ل͜ ل͜ل͜ ل͜

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:31am | Report
Ooh I see ^_^ In that case, how do you make the background have that glowing look to it?
Thanks to Ubnoxius for the sig!
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:43am | Report
Quoted:

Ooh I see ^_^ In that case, how do you make the background have that glowing look to it?

Well what you can do for that is add a another duplicate before the soft light and set it to screen, from there you adjust the opacity on both layers until you reach a point where you enjoy the look of it. The best part of this is that you still keep the detail, even with the screen layer added.

Edit: here is an example using the zed scenario.

If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Thanks to TheNamelessBard for this amazing signature, check out her shop here
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:48am | Report
Hey Emi I really adore your work and even tough I've got many signatures I'd like to request one of yours *-*

Here is the original picture and this one already has got the correct size. Text "Delivered", pls cut the part with the text on the picture :p
That's it, thanks in advance!
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide