Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

GFX Worm - Take Two

Creator: Zesty October 8, 2011 2:47pm
95 posts - page 7 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:22pm | Report
I was the only one not to have a border, everyone else had a border. So while it all flows in the sense of border image border image (and doesn't flow in mine because I didn't have a border), it doesn't flow naturally, in the sense of image image image image.

Yours fades over the top, yes, and Jeffy and Ny used black fades as well, but I think the worm needs to allow for pieces that aren't cookie cut this is mine this is yours sections.

I know I could have tried to make Noob's border somehow flow better into my own work - perhaps by having a black background so one couldn't see where his piece ended. That's the kind of thing we should have all been doing - instead of creating a visible border for the next person, just making sure the end piece is easily replicated or manipulated.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:40pm | Report
Honestly...we need to come up with more parameters...this was said before the worm was started and got ignored...we should have decided about things like this beforehand.

You never said we had to use a vertical border (which I feel interrupts flow) so I didn't...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:44pm | Report
o.O

Asmoday, welcome to MobaFire. Yes I am an *** who is also a Vet through absolutely accidental means. I completely hacked Matt and Flash's computers, made myself a vet, rose all my guides to high scores, gave myself all of my rep and boosted my post count for the lulz. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Nameless: I never said you had to use a vertical border o.O I said I was the only one that didn't, which disrupted the flow of border image border image. As Alex said, maybe we should exchange PSDs to allow for better flow. I am not in charge of this Worm, Zesty is, it was up to him to state the parameters, as it were.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:49pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Nameless: I never said you had to use a vertical border o.O I said I was the only one that didn't, which disrupted the flow of border image border image. As Alex said, maybe we should exchange PSDs to allow for better flow. I am not in charge of this Worm, Zesty is, it was up to him to state the parameters, as it were.

Sharing PSDs! Totally helpful when I'm using GIMP.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:54pm | Report
Asmoday wrote:

LOL GIMP....Wow.
Might as well be using crayola crayons.
Seems to me that moba isnt going to be known for its GFX capabilities.

Cuz that program is the part that matters.....not how the GFX look when they're completed.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:54pm | Report
Asmoday: If it makes you sleep better at night, sure, I am an attention *****. Seems funny that an entirely new member knows I am female :)

Nameless: Sharing PSDs wasn't my suggestion, it was Alex's? Why are you getting so angry? It's like I can't say anything at all, at all, without someone snapping at me. All I said was that currently every single piece is clearly defined by some sort of border and a worm is meant to be one continuous piece of art. If I'm wrong on this, correct me please.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:56pm | Report
I was making a joke lol. I'm not mad XDDD
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:56pm | Report

Sharing PSDs! Totally helpful when I'm using GIMP.

You can convert PSD to files usable in gimp. You don't have all the layers and stuff, I think, but you get to see everything and make edits to it.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 5:04pm | Report
Yeah, I'm kinda creeped out. Makes me want to change my profile information.

On topic though: Why don't we just make it so each person just does what they want to do, with no need for fading/flowing? That way with this worm we can just be creative without worrying about whether it meshes well with the last one?

EDIT: lol, honey, Asmoday, I love you. People like you are the reason why heroes in my stories prevail. Keep up the good work, you're giving me plenty of material to work with.

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 5:05pm | Report
Could be worse...they could know what your name is....

I wanted to fade mine lol so that's not something I'm gonna change XDD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide