Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 192 of 413
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 11:56pm | Report
intriguing

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 2:27am | Report
Too early in the morning. Bahhhhhhhh why can i not sleep? :'(
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 5:26pm | Report

My D3 addiction has seeped into my tags CnC?
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 5:50pm | Report

My D3 addiction has seeped into my tags CnC?

This is a much better technique of smudging than previous, in my opinion. You also have identified a flow, and the text is impressive, despite slightly stealing some of the limelight.

Like i expressed earlier, try not to over smudge the render in order to blend it within the background. There's not much a focal or pinpoint within the signature. In order to achieve this with minimal de-exposure of the focal, try: 2px feather, soft eraser brush around the render, or just smudging 1~3px of the render.

Also I'll like to add that in order you improve the effectiveness and visual, maybe add some c4d's and fractals, boost the images flare. Such as the demon hunters bow, give it a direction, some 'power'.
Furthermore, try using Dodge/burn tool, create a light source and give it more appeal to the user viewing the signature.

Lastly, try pick a color scheme, I remember viewing a really awesome smudge tutorial a while back and the author picked 3 main colors from the render or focal and then used that as the background, not only did it give the signature a more efficient look in terms of color coordination but also made it look more appealing. At the moment in this signature the main colors i see are Android green, antique ruby (a sort of brown-red) and bistre brown, however the main color you may wish to focus on is Android green.

Few tips:
- experimenting on image adjustments, this can really boost an image and make a difference
- sharpening your render giving more focus to your focal point
- softening just a bit more your smudging to make it less obvious of your strokes (i myself need to learn this lesson in a few of my signatures)
- experiment with brushes; splatter brushes can create a awesome atmosphere within your signature and give of a cool look - especially in smudge signatures

If your signature seems a bit sharpened as it is, the burn tool/dodge tool alongside blur can help with giving your focal point a more effective and visual outlook on the viewers eyes.

Hope this helps, if I came across aggressively I apologize ^_^

Thanks
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 5:59pm | Report
Nice feedback Xiao :D And imo one of your best if not your best sig to date Jeff ^^

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 6:04pm | Report
Finished my critique of Jeff's sig as well as LordAdrian's request.

Neighbourhood GFX Troll.

I critique/troll signatures as well as make them
here.
My DeviantArt
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 6:04pm | Report
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 6:10pm | Report
I have the PSD up in deviant art if you want to take a look at it. I rendered out the image (rather poorly imo) and attempted to smudge it out to make it less obvious. It was a basic pen tool render with like ~5px feather took like 20 seconds.

I've been looking for another set of c4ds/fractals to flesh out my options. This was just another step for me, so I kept it relatively basic. Using additional tools will definitely be fun, but for now I want to get better with my smudging so I can provide more contrast.

Not to mention I used to work everyday on at least 1 sig, and now I'm lucky if I feel inspired to do one in a week. (between a loss of inspiration and other real life issues, I find little time where I am inspired enough to even try something)

I appreciate your comments very much Xiao, not only because I feel you are an amazing gfx artist, but because your critiques and opinions are presented with a very insightful tone (how I "hear" tone over tex is another mystery) but overall you're very encouraging. ^_^

DEMONHUNTER PSD
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 6:10pm | Report
@greynade pen tooling? :O
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 6:22pm | Report