Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Tutorial Corner

Creator: Nyoike January 12, 2012 7:55pm
148 posts - page 15 of 15
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:02am | Report
:D! i'm really glad you like it
i was playing around some more, and i added som splatter to the render. also kinda changed the color scheme to hot pink/purple instead of red/orange, i like the colors better honestly c: but i don't know >: what do you think?

version 4;
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:09am | Report
Aha- Yes this is an improvement, color is much better, text seems to smooth into the overall signature better as well.

I'd suggest to when sharpening to either:
(1) high pass at soft light and reduce opacity (i usually use 20~50%)
(2) select parts you wish to sharpen (need to sharpen) with lasso tool and then filter>sharpen (i usually reduce opacity to 15~50% here)
(3) Dodge and burn tool certain areas, help identify a light source
(4) Smudge on far left is a bit strong, looks weird and distracting, maybe could try erase that part or smudge out with the color red/purple

Other-than that its really good, looks amazing.

P.S A good idea is to use the certainty method when adding adjustments, such as color adjustments, sharpening, blurring, dodge and burn tool etc. This method is essentially 'If you think what you've done looks both bad and good (ie. before color adjustments it looked ok, with color adjustments it looks good but in some areas not so good) then always reduce the adjustment layer to around 50% opacity or if it was 50% opacity, reduce it to 25%...keep halving what you was going to use.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:15am | Report

thanks for the tips <: i'll work on this piece a bit more later
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 1:14pm | Report
Try 2:

I really liked it at first but now that I look at it, looks really 'pale'..
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 3:20pm | Report
Text is good alongside the backgrounds composition to the render. Good job on placement as well. However, bit vibrant as you said (pale), maybe add a layer adjustment -> curves -> darker and set opacity to around 40~75%, should fix that problem, also dodge and burn tool.
Splatter brush looks a bit odd, like its out of placed, maybe try a new splatter brush set, i posted somewhere a good one ^_^
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 3:27pm | Report
i think it's cause of the way i smudged the bg that it's so out of place

by jhoijhoi
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2012 12:47am | Report
Since the OP seems to be not very useful (tutorials are quoted and too small to read, don't link to anywhere) and the discussion is no longer about tutorials I'm unstickying this thread. Am I wrong in saying that this kind've discussion could go in the MOBAVERSE Gallery thread?

I will look into making a new thread for organizing member tutorials myself, but I want to think about how best to organize it a bit more. Look to see it next week.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2012 12:48pm | Report
I swear it didn't used to shrink the longer ones like it does now. And I'll admit I've been too busy to keep this organized, so you can have at it.
To be updated soon!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide