Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Build Stagnation

Creator: Palthios March 29, 2013 4:36pm
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2013 5:31am | Report
Theres a difference between something that has no chance of working and something that youve decided to be wrong based on preconceived notions, not hands on experience.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2013 5:34am | Report
Not when those preconceived notions might be correct (not saying they are, but just putting forth that there might be a certain bit of overlap here).
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2013 12:37pm | Report
Some builds are obviously bad ( Phantom Dancer on Talon). Others that seem plausible definitely could be tried, especially if some quick mental math shows that it could be viable. Unconventional builds do take a lot of skill to play well, however; people reading Mobafire are not 2800 elo challenger queue players who can make Top Bruiser Katarina or jungle Fiora work, and it's best that we don't try to encourage it as the norm.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2013 1:42pm | Report
Why would you take the gold generation masteries in utility o_o they are pretty much trash compared to other masteries. Plus, by buying ancient lizard , you are assuming you are slightly ahead. Taking gold generation masteries doesn't quite match up with that.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2013 2:37pm | Report
This guy is ****ing ridicolous lol...

Maxing Q on jungle xin, going 9/0/21 - i don't mind the utility, i mind the offense paired with it, rushing lizard elder as core.
Pretty sure i can tell you all that **** is pretty damn stupid.

Also you're going 9 in offense and rushing lizard elder, why the **** aren't you maxing Q on the jarv?
E max only makes sense when you go madred's
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2013 2:38pm | Report
Aseafy wrote:
Plus, by buying ancient lizard , you are assuming you are slightly ahead.

I commented about this on his guide and he didn't even reply to it. I think it's useless to talk to him.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 6:20pm | Report
Why is this stuff being posted here? I didnt make this thread to talk about my guide and thats apparently not allow in this section so I dont know why this thread isnt locked yet.

Pølsemanden: I saw Unstoppable maxing Q on Xin so I tried it out. It does the most single target damage and most of the jungle camps damage and health is in one monster. And shorter a cooldown on Q means shorter CDs on all your other spells. I explained my reasoning in the guide.

As for J4, why the hell wouldnt I want the ATS and armor? Its faster clears and more sustain.

astrolia: I did respond to your comment. I just didnt reply to the "being behind" part of it because thats not my thought process. If Im behind Im thinking about what plays I need to make, not thinking about how to cheapen my build. Then Im just gonna be subpar at whatever Im trying to accomplish. As if buying something like a ruby crystal or a cloth armor instead of just saving for a pickaxe is the answer to all of my problems.

Its not like any of my items have difficult progression. A giants belt is the most expensive progression item in my build and theres only one in my build. And bulwark is a high tier item thats built completely from small components.

Its not as if Elder Lizard is the equivalent of something like a melee champion building bloodthirster because theyre super ahead. Elder Lizard is a jungle item ffs. Its something I buy because it allows me to make plays that I would have otherwise needed help to accomplish if I built no damage at all.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 6:29pm | Report
Palthios wrote:
Why is this stuff being posted here? I didnt make this thread to talk about my guide and thats apparently not allow in this section so I dont know why this thread isnt locked yet.

Is using your guide as an example not relevant? You do things that others consider 'unconventional' or 'suboptimal' and so on, which is the topic at hand, is it not?
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 6:45pm | Report
No its not actually. I was debating masteries prior to this not my guide.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 6:53pm | Report
According to your OP, yes, it is actually.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide