Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Core items on Nidalee.

Creator: th3BlackAngel August 2, 2011 12:46pm
1 2
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 2:51pm | Report
I don't find I can wade in to use cougar form very often when I'm a glass cannon but I'm alright if I build her with decent defenses (usually with a RoA and maybe a GA late game). I find I like Hextech gunblade on her part of the time too. Honestly, the only "core items" my build has are Merc's Treads, Lichbane, and a Deathcap.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 3:00pm | Report
That's what I thought for a core, but I feel I should put something else there. As for Nashor's vs Rageblade, I personally hate Rageblade, keeping those stacks up while trying to hit people with spears is not easy. Never tried Nashor's on Nid, so can't say anything about it.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 3:09pm | Report

I don't find I can wade in to use cougar form very often when I'm a glass cannon but I'm alright if I build her with decent defenses (usually with a RoA and maybe a GA late game). I find I like Hextech gunblade on her part of the time too. Honestly, the only "core items" my build has are Merc's Treads, Lichbane, and a Deathcap.

You don't use cougar to fight usually unless you know it will be effective.

You use cougar to split push because you can kill creep waves with pounce+swipe and then you spam pounce for the extra AP and AtS, and then you destroy the tower with pounce enabled lich bane procs.

That's what I thought for a core, but I feel I should put something else there. As for Nashor's vs Rageblade, I personally hate Rageblade, keeping those stacks up while trying to hit people with spears is not easy. Never tried Nashor's on Nid, so can't say anything about it.

You really shouldn't be using rageblade if you are playing spear nid, it's simply not as effective as a deathcap.

Rageblade should be regarded as a split pushing item. It's extremely effective as such.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 3:54pm | Report
I know that, I basically never find it's worth using.

But with a slightly tankier build I find I can use it quite effectively.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:08pm | Report
Core is Deathcap+Lich Bane+Merc Treads.

ONLY buy Rageblade when you're up against a lane you can win. If the enemy is some top laner who's impossible to harass down like Irelia, Rumble, Mordekaiser, etc, then go straight for a Deathcap and start your poke/support oriented play. If you're up against a squishy AP like Brand, Malzahar, Anivia, etc that you can dominate in lane with your harass, go for a Rageblade and win the lane harder.

Don't get Nashor's. Why would you ever need attack speed? Nidalee AA doesn't do anything late-game - you're a support and a poker. If you want CDR, get Morello's, Frozen Heart, or blue buff.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 8:43pm | Report
You say you could get Rageblade, which gives attack speed passively.....but Nashor's is bad because it gives attack speed? That whole statement is a bit of an oxymoron...

If you're just suggesting Rageblade because it gives both AD and AP then replace it with a hextech gunblade which won't give you an apparently worthless stat.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 9:18pm | Report

You say you could get Rageblade, which gives attack speed passively.....but Nashor's is bad because it gives attack speed? That whole statement is a bit of an oxymoron...

If you're just suggesting Rageblade because it gives both AD and AP then replace it with a hextech gunblade which won't give you an apparently worthless stat.

It's too expensive, gives too much AtS not enough AP, and it's not as useful for pushing towers.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 10:04pm | Report
Hextech seems like a better choice if what you want is AD/AP, unless you need the AS from Guinsoo's...

At which point I would just stick with it.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 10:09pm | Report

Hextech seems like a better choice if what you want is AD/AP, unless you need the AS from Guinsoo's...

At which point I would just stick with it.

3625g
60ad
75ap

2235g
35ad
93ap
32AtS

Guinsoo's rageblade offers more stats, and more ap for less gold.

It's mainly about the really cheap AP, the easy stacks, and being a really good tower pushing item.

The spell vamp is nice, but i don't feel that nidalee makes enough use of it in the laning phase to warrant such an early, big, non-deathcap or lich bane item.
Tri lane for life.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 11:43pm | Report
^what he said

plus you don't need lifesteal or vamp, you have heal

you don't really need the active to chase down people, you have your leap

too much wasted **** with gunblade

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide