Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help?

Creator: Gunnarownsu October 30, 2011 12:44pm
30 posts - page 2 of 3
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 7:23am | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

Look for a champ whoose top rated build differ from yours greatly.
Right now Graves build are fail for example, if you think you can graves better go for it.

agreed
or champions without recommended guides... if they don't have it, they lack something ^^ Build a guide of a champ you're good... I think you can post here to have some opinions before releasing it... right?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Gunnarownsu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:42pm | Report
I am making a wriggle's lantern and ninja tabi Vayne guide and I am having great success. Is this is a good idea? or is jhoi jhoi's vayne guide so good that I shouldn't make one?

thanks toThe Nameless Bard,WaffleWarrior Alexanpt,Infraynor, Palzm, and Mastajdog for these amazing sigs.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:54pm | Report
I would say just make a guide on whatever ELEMENTZ TIER LIST SAYS IS OPIE~

That way, you CAN'T BE WRONG, EVER!!!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:56pm | Report
Jhoi Jhoi's Vayne guide is good, but there will never be a guide that is so good you shouldn't bother making your own guide.

I can tell you right now, she maxes tumble - condemn - silver bolts.

What you SHOULD do on Vayne is max silver bolts - tumble - condemn.

That's the best skilling order.

So yeah, even though her guide is like 93% or something, it's still not the best way to play Vayne if you ask me.

Also her item choices are very good, but I wouldn't build the way she does either.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:59pm | Report
^ Not sure whether a guide recommending to max Silver Bolts would be appreciated by everyone though. There will probably be trolls downvoting solely for that reason.

Still experimenting with it, like the results so far but the aggressive playstyle doesn't entirely suit me. Having said that I will at least add a section on maxing it in my guide (which I've been working on for months now, don't expect that to be released soon lol). Who knows, I might even recommend maxing it and put it in my cheatsheet, we'll see

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:05pm | Report
I agree it -would- be downvoted by trolls or stupid people.

The same way I keep saying SB is better and I keep getting same resistance from players who have -never even tried the ****ing skilling order and so have no idea- what they are talking about.

Those same stupid people would downvote those guides.

The open minded people would try it and if they don't like it they might downvote, probably because they themselves were unable to make it work or simply didn't do it right, were unable to adapt, etc.

Or they might have Great success with it and up vote too.

But what are we making guides for here? Is this a popularity contest or a source of information?

I think the latter, and if there's a better way to do it, you'd best believe I'm going to be advertising it.

Granted, this is why I have not released a guide for Olaf solo top. It wouldn't be well received because no high Elo player has done it yet. *Shrug.

Yet it's broken. Ooooooh well.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:09pm | Report
I went from 'LOL Y WOULD SOMEONE LEVEL THAT xD' to 'you know what, this is pretty good' just by testing it.
Still not entirely convinced but I simply want to try it more often before I make a definite decision ;)

If I decide to use it, I will let you know since I would probably owe you an apology (as I was one of the people saying you were wrong) :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:16pm | Report
Duff, the reason why people don't like the idea of maxing Silver Bolts first is because of the playstyle that *has* to go hand and hand with it.

You *have* to get those 3 hits in to do the full potential of the damage.

Whereas, Tumble or Condemn damage is always guaranteed.

Also, people don't max Silver Bolts first because at the beginning of the game it doesn't do as *much* damage as at the end of the game. I'm not shooting your idea down, I'm just stating the facts, right:

1) Maxing SB first requires 3 hits for full damage. You're not going to achieve this in lane unless your opponent is stunned to the spot, or ******ed.
2) At the beginning of the game, SB doesn't do as much damage as it does late game - this is due to the idea of SB doing percentage damage.

As I said, those are the reasons.

You can claim all you want that SB is the best to max first, but until you show some proof, it's just not going to fly mainstream.

Why don't you record a few games of you maxing SB first and doing really well in lane as Vayne? Immediately that gives some substantiation to your claims. About 3 games, normal or ranked, in Summoner's Rift would be enough evidence for me to accept that with an aggressive play, it works.

Personally, as Vayne, I'd rather farm for 25 minutes, get 2 or two full items and go to town in teamfights.

On topic: Just because I have the top rated guide doesn't mean it's the best. If you think you can talk more about a champion than I've done, then please do so! My build and guide is what works for *me*.

Ninja Tabi and Wriggle's is fine for solo top, and maybe even bot lane.

The only reason why I wouldn't recommend that is Vayne's weakness is AP casters, not AD damage. The nuke from a caster is what kills me more often the enemy AD, so I'd rather build MR than AR.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:18pm | Report
I have games of Vayne recorded already :P

But being technologically ******ed, I'll need some assistance in uploading any of these games. I migth even be able to upload some matches tonight if I can get back home early enough from kickboxing matches x_x

And yes you're right, SB scales better into end game better than all the other skills, but it's also the best early game skill as well.

They need to tone down the flat damage bonus if you ask me, it's a bit too high.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:32pm | Report
How have you recorded these games? If done by LoLReplay, just upload the game file to megauploads or another file sharing site, then paste the download links here (or in a more appropriate location).

The only aggressive "I'mma hit you with all my SB damage" Vayne I've ever played against did badly because they were so focused on trying to hit me three times. They had little to no farm when teamfights started, so did less damage mid game than they should have.

Yes, the harassment hurt, but not enough for it to have been "worth it".

I was Nasus solo top, and while it hurt a lot due to my health, and the fact the Nasus can be kited like a *****, I could just stand there and take it due to my life steal. Another opponent might have fared worse, but then again, I was focused on farming, so just ignored her. When she got too pesky I Withered or Exhausted her.

That's my only experience against a SB max first Vayne (how do I know? She started with SB over Tumble and probably didn't have Condemn til level 5).
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide