Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mage Rune Question

Creator: MrPistachio August 18, 2011 6:07pm
MrPistachio
<Member>
MrPistachio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 6:07pm | Report
I just bought a champion pack so I'll have plenty of champions to hold me over for awhile so I won't have to use IP, and I want to start getting my rune book full for when I get to 30.

Now, I normally find myself playing mages, so I'll fill a rune book for them first. I figure the runes could pretty much be the same for all of them, AB, Mp5 and Penetration, except for the few that might want CD reduction a bit more, but oh well.

I can't figure though what quintessences I'll get though. Guides I've read are controversial to eachother with some saying Fortitude and some saying Potency, and I'd like to ask what others think.

Thanks in advance,
Mister Pistachio
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 6:10pm | Report
90% of the time, potency. Flat AP is almost always best on every AP champ.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 6:31pm | Report
Yep ^
Potency is the way to go.
Unless you're the type that doesn't do too well early game, then Fortitude.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 6:31pm | Report
Potency for a stronger early game.
Fortitude for a safer early game.

It depends on the champion and the player. Some champs (or players) can't make good use of the early ability power, and for some it establishes lane dominance.

I'd say go with Potency for Nukers. Get Fortitude if you want to be more defensive or have a champion with a weak early game.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 1:53am | Report
Flat AP quints, MrP marks, MP5/lvl seals and AP/lvl glyphs is the standard AP setup.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide