Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malphite

Creator: Svingas July 21, 2011 2:40pm
58 posts - page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 3:07pm | Report
How about Philo on Malph?
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 3:25pm | Report
Searz wrote:

How about Philo on Malph?

phlio is great on every mana tanker... allow you to recover the gold invested during the game, and gives you money if you can't get assists... gives you early survability and sustain your lane and fights phase, alowwing you to spam abilities much more than nothing... late game, when you have a bigger mana pool: Banshee's Veil or Frozen Heart you don't need it anymore...
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 3:33pm | Report
I personally do that. ^
Getting Philo stone lets me get the tenacity item so I can grab the dodge boots and still tank easily.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 4:44pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I personally do that. ^
Getting Philo stone lets me get the tenacity item so I can grab the dodge boots and still tank easily.

good thing too, I would love to do it and get dodge seals on every tank, but I don't like Eleisa's Miracle. I fell it ocuping 1 slot late game, and prefer Mercury's Treads. Question of opinion, but no, don't get clarity, for me, it's a ****ty spell and shouldn't be chosen never... the only case you could is if you're a supporter without mana issues getting just to spam more and give the effect to your ally on the lane. But I still find clarity a ****. IMO
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 6:10pm | Report
Philo was my first thought to solve his mana problem. Would you agree with starting Regrowth and a Mana Potion and then using your teleport to get Philo stone and boots ASAP?

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 7:53pm | Report
Svingas wrote:

Philo was my first thought to solve his mana problem. Would you agree with starting Regrowth and a Mana Potion and then using your teleport to get Philo stone and boots ASAP?

sure, you should do this

Start with regrowth and health potion, this allow you to farm early. Don't waste mana, your Q is horrible level 1.

When you reach 365 (something around it), waste all your mana on the enemy, go back, get philo stone ASAP and go back to the lane, if possible get a ward... helps a lot on early ganks

Level 3 or more you can harass very well with your Q. I usually keep leveling it if i'm in the lane, if the game is on teamfights and teampushes I start to get my E or W (for damage and anti-dps or for tankiness and good damage, respectivily). Q on level 3 is good for harass early, and gives speed buff + slow. I prefer getting W to fight...
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 4:49am | Report
I was actually thinking about waiting until you had 715 so that you could buy both Philo Stone and boots before you tele back. I definitely wouldn't just tele back with 365 unless I was doing horrible in the lane. But, which would be better, 440 for Philo and ward or waiting until you can get Philo and boots. Of course all of this could change if you are absolutely dominating your lane somehow and get first blood or even just a kill or so.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 8:04am | Report
Svingas wrote:

I was actually thinking about waiting until you had 715 so that you could buy both Philo Stone and boots before you tele back. I definitely wouldn't just tele back with 365 unless I was doing horrible in the lane. But, which would be better, 440 for Philo and ward or waiting until you can get Philo and boots. Of course all of this could change if you are absolutely dominating your lane somehow and get first blood or even just a kill or so.

I prefer going back to get philo and a ward and wasting all my mana on the enemy

1- you will harass well before come back
2- you get a ward - confidence on lane, anti ganks, anti junglers
3- you get gold per 10 as soon as possible, if the game pass someting around 22 minutes after you buying it, congratulations, you're getting more money than you spent on the stone (as soon you get it, better)
4- mana regen -> more spells -> more farm/harass

Boots can wait [:
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide