Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malphite

Creator: Svingas July 21, 2011 2:40pm
58 posts - page 4 of 6
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 11:01am | Report
I have not read all posts in this thread, but you can also go with mana reg seals and get a philosopher's and glacial shroud early in the game.
I have clarity in my guide as well, but that is not that solid in higher ELO I believe, so I've actually put in a second item build, where you skip clarity.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 11:03am | Report
or you can just take clarity out. :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 11:52am | Report
I could do that, but I know that alot of lower level or lower ELO players really like clarity, because they don't have enough runes & mastery points to get the needed mana regeneration.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Well break their habit and teach them early not to take Clarity :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 12:12pm | Report
You could also get a soul shroud (it is a high heath item), but most of the other options listed would be better.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 12:13pm | Report
Perhaps you are right, but how should they solve those mana problems?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 1:54pm | Report
@Dotter
Searz wrote:

Like it has been said, good solutions to mana problems are(feel like summing it up):
Teleport
Meki Pendant-> Chalice of Harmony
Glacial Shroud-> Frozen Heart
Catalyst the Protector-> Banshee's Veil
9/9/12, 9/0/21(EDIT) and 0/9/21 masteries.

Bad/meh solutions:
Clarity
Catalyst the Protector-> Rod of Ages
Mana-reg seals/glyphs. Not sure, but I think they're prolly kinda meh.

Wat I said.

Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2011 5:14pm | Report
Wow. when I started this thread, I wasn't expecting such a wide variety of options. I really like the idea of starting with a doran's shield or possibly boots and health potions and then blue pilling for chalice. I'm assuming that you all would then suggest Flash Teleport as summoner spells for Malphite? I feel like Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart would be a great item to get as well and it will then keep your mana up late game once you sell the Chalice if the game goes that long. Additionally, how viable is Malphite really in very competitive play. I know the current meta-game is solo-top, jungle, solo-mid, and support/ad-carry bot. Would he be able to hold his own in solo-top?

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 2:21am | Report
depends on how aggresive you are.
If you prefer a tank-support role than it is ok to go with other summoner, if you prefer getting some kills...

I also like clarity to free up the 1st item spot.

Usualy ppl get Frozen Heart or Raudin's
While Rau is ok for maplh it still limits you on mana HEAVILY and Malph is a caster tank. You will see a HUGE diference in what you can do if you have a blue buff. That is what clarity gives you a semi blue buff.
Getting fast frozen heart is a bad thing too imho. It doesnt provide you any health. It does give you Mana, but it also gives you CDR which will devastate your mana too... The passive is negletable in early game imho...

I like rushing Sunfire coz it benefits you in all ways in early game. for 1st it gives you HP which is the most important thing early game (you get MR and AR from runes/masteries enaugh for early game imho) It gives you some armor (you cant go wrong with armor on malphite. And it synergises GREATLY with your E in 2 ways. You can burn whole creap wave down with it and lasthit with E. Also the E is also boosted by the armor.

So to clarify my clarity... if you want to be a tank that sticks in the back on the lane... than clarity is not for you but if you want to get some lasthits on minions you have to give a bit preasure, and to do so you need ALOT of mana.

You can say waste of summoner spell... but still i wont change this. Mana regen runes are way not enaugh for Malhite and it limits your early game tankiness.

And tbh what other summoner you would use?
Counting that you go with Flash already.
Exhaust? Not like carries are a problem for you.
Ghost? You got your Q for that.
Ignite? - well imho you would do better/more damage with clarity than with this...
Heal? - you have to be ****tin me?
Clairvonance - might work but imho that is a support spell not offensive tank one.
Fortify - highly situational one. Not a fan of this spell tbh.

I will leave my Clarity as it is. It is a matter of preferance.

Support vs offensive TANK.

Pick your side...
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 9:32am | Report
Dewo... Teleport>Clarity...

You also seem to forget that your passive scales with armor and MR, not only HP. Because of that you really don't need to stack HP and there's NO reason why Frozen Heart would be bad.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide