Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Need some critique for my new builds.

Creator: OTGBionicArm February 21, 2013 9:14am
1 2
Which guide would you like to see first?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:14am | Report
Hello, MOBAFire, I'm hard at work on 4 guides at once, and I'm looking to get some constructive criticism on my cheat sheets to get them just right before I proceed.

I'm also asking for you to vote on which guide I should work towards finishing first, based on popular demand. ^^

Anyway here comes the cheat sheets:

Thresh:

Rune notes: Armor marks are situational against heavy AD champs like Draven and Miss Fortune. Quints of Gold is an alternative to MoveSpeed, depending on preference.

Example Build 1 Notes: This build is assuming someone else on your team is the lead initiator, and you are solely the support role.

Example Build 2 Notes: Assuming you are the lead and only initiator.

Skill Order Notes: Aggressive skill order for harassing and kill laning. If you are behind and need to babysit and protect your carry, max Dark Passage first.

Volibear:

Summoner Spell Notes: Heal is my preference as it synergizes with Volibear's passive. Flash and Ghost are more optimal for most players.

Example Build 1 Notes: Extremely fed. You are a primary damage dealer. Don't build when behind.

Example Build 2 Notes: Standard Tank-Bear, for when you are your teams' main initiation and peeling for carries.

Skill Order Notes: W max has a more damaging gank. But E max has a better slow. Personal preference.

Masteries Notes: 0/21/9 standard tank page also works, slightly slower clear speed.

Viktor:

Example Build 1 Notes: Easiest build to use. Has more staying power in fights and more sustained DPS.

Example Build 2 Notes: For anti-carrying. Not advised for new Viktor players.

Skill Order Notes: Q Max is good against melee champions you can kite around, otherwise E is superior. Even in that scenario E max is superior for wave clearing.

Masteries Notes: Some points could be taken out of Utility and put into defense, but it's all up to personal preference.

I advise against 21 in offense because having points father in defense or utility is are more beneficial to Viktor than anything past the magic pen in offense.

Varus:

Summoner Spell Notes: Barrier also viable. I advise against Ignite. It's lower range than Varus's auto attacks, and Cleanse or Barrier are better to help Varus escape death, due to his low mobility.

Example Build 1 Notes: Standard AD carry build. Build Bloodthirster first and Infinity Edge last if you are doing Q max Varus, rather than W max.

Example Build 2 Notes: Experimental AoE build. This, is also taking into account the PBE changes on Blade of the Ruined King.

Skill Order Notes: Max Q first if it's a poke lane with someone like Lulu. Otherwise max W first and E second. W max is higher DPS, Q max is higher burst.

Well i hope you liked these cheat sheets, and have suggestions or comments!

If you have any concerns, or suggestions comment them here ^^ Thanks guys!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:21am | Report
Join the glorious revolution
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:22am | Report
I somehow anticipated that would be the first vote. :p
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:31am | Report
Y U SO SMART? :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:32am | Report
I'm not. I just have a reputation for over-the-top Viktor fanboyism. :p
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:47am | Report
Can't blame you.

I am in love with his Russian accent <3

:D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 8:42am | Report
Thresh: Not exactly sure what to say about him as I haven't even touched him yet, nor even played with or against him once so far. But everything is standard for a support. Not a big fan of the second build honestly, since Frozen Heart and Warmog's Armor are rather expensive although I can understand the reasonings behind them.

Volibear: Played with him a couple of times and have a friend who mains him, so I suppose I can say some stuff about him. I'm not a big fan of Spirit Visage, even if you do use it to synergize with Heal. I personally would take Randuin's Omen, Wit's End or Runic Bulwark instead. And personally I would take Randuin's Omen over Shurelya's Battlesong for Voli if I had the chance.

Viktor: Not much to say since I've only played him once and barely run into him nowadays. Iffy on the Warmog's Armor in the second build, but overall I think it's fine. Have you considered Hybrid Pen Marks? If you tend to auto-attack as well as use your skills to harass, I've found these to make a big difference in the early game (Don't exactly own them at the moment cause I'm poor)

Varus: I would personally say that Ignite is only for AD carries with a high killing potential early on. I personally feel that Varus is more of a poking champion early (At least from what I remember). And finally, someone who feels that maxing Q first isn't always the best thing to do unless you're in a poke lane. I remember laning with a lot of Varus players who just max Q cause they want more poke.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 8:50am | Report

Thresh: Not exactly sure what to say about him as I haven't even touched him yet, nor even played with or against him once so far. But everything is standard for a support. Not a big fan of the second build honestly, since Frozen Heart and Warmog's Armor are rather expensive although I can understand the reasonings behind them.

Volibear: Played with him a couple of times and have a friend who mains him, so I suppose I can say some stuff about him. I'm not a big fan of Spirit Visage, even if you do use it to synergize with Heal. I personally would take Randuin's Omen, Wit's End or Runic Bulwark instead.

Viktor: Not much to say since I've only played him once and barely run into him nowadays. Iffy on the Warmog's Armor in the second build, but overall I think it's fine. Have you considered Hybrid Pen Marks? If you tend to auto-attack as well as use your skills to harass, I've found these to make a big difference in the early game (Don't exactly own them at the moment cause I'm poor)

Varus: I would personally say that Ignite is only for AD carries with a high killing potential early on. I personally feel that Varus is more of a poking champion early (At least from what I remember). And finally, someone who feels that maxing Q first isn't always the best thing to do unless you're in a poke lane. I remember laning with a lot of Varus players who just max Q cause they want more poke.

Thresh: Warmog's Armor is the final purchase and you likely never get that far. And again it's very rare that it happens that the support will be the ONLY form of hard initiation.

Volibear: Spirit Visage isn't just for the passive, it's for the health CDR and MR. the heal synergy is just bonus points for awesomeness. Randuin's, Wit's end, and runic are all situational.

Viktor: Depends on the enemy really. if it's a straight up mage fight, neither party usually has armor runes anyway, so I find it unnecessary. And the Warmog's is to ensure you get your job done: Bursting the enemy carry to hell and back.

Varus: Everything he does outranges Ignite and awkwardly walking CLOSER to people just to do it, especially on a carry with absolutely no mobility is a bad idea. Also, he only really has high-kill potential against idiot laners who stand still for a fully charged Q. And yea he should only max Q for two reasons: a poke lane, or because people are idiots.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 10:11am | Report

Viktor: Depends on the enemy really. if it's a straight up mage fight, neither party usually has armor runes anyway

Actually, ArPen works better on low armor targets. :P
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 10:16am | Report
I'd rather have the mpen later though.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide