Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

No real point in making guides on this site

Creator: cooper56 December 16, 2011 2:55pm
Rys Aberdeen
<Member>
Rys Aberdeen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 8:13am | Report

Then how did I grow my guide to 94%? I was 50% and someone else had a 74% yet I beat him. All the good guides will rise and the bad ones will fall. It's quite naive to say that all low rated guides are left behind.

Its true, but my skarner guide is second now. Oh well I just wrote some other guides.
Clicking +rep has a 20% chance to give you 6-pack abs. Karma baby.
Rys Aberdeen
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 8:14am | Report
But sirspankalot I have to say, since your guide passed mine its gotten absolutely no comments or votes.
Taneren
<Member>
Taneren's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 1:33pm | Report
I wouldn't say every single guide gets left behind, my guide started with 44% rating and grew to 93%, but currently jumping between 89%-90%. If your guide is good, it will get noticed in time, be patient and search around for people giving reviews, if people recommend your guide it will get up the latter.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 2:44am | Report
I love this site. When I was new, I would do a couple guides and got seriously hated upon, but then I realized that I could just talk about my ideas on the forums. 90% of the guides don't get more than 10 views anyway. As already said, Moba leaders are working on that.

If nothing else, I can just befriend people and find more people to play with and better myself in countless ways just by paying attention to the conversations that go on.

I also love being able to create my own guides without publishing them. I can set up multiple different builds for multiple different champions and just keep them up while I play in games to remind myself of the little tweaks I may need to make here and there in all games, practicing custom and AI and even PvP.

Having chosen favourites to randomly recollect necessities makes things so much easier as well.

While saying this, I must give my thanks to the MobaFire community and leaders for everything that you have all done. MobaFire truly is awesome.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Taneren
<Member>
Taneren's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 7:33am | Report
+rep Animorte. Always good to have people like you within this community.
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 9:24am | Report
And most of the time the guide with the most amount of text and icons reach the top. Even if they suck and are completely unviable, people think: "Oh, huge guide +1"
Just write A LOT of text and it will become #1.
Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the astonishing sig.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 10:02am | Report
Not entirely true. Mods and Vets don't give a guide good views if it actually sucks. They look at the growing guides, I'm sure. They are in the position of power for a reason. They understasnd the game and usually are rather open-minded. That is gained over time, experience, and paying attention.

Thanks Taneren :D I try.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 10:55am | Report
animorte wrote:

They understasnd the game and usually are rather open-minded.

Implying I understand the game and don't win more when I troll. :P

I am open-minded though.
EDIT: It appears like I've already repped you today...

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Rys Aberdeen
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 6:34pm | Report
Generally there is no point in QQing about writing guides. There are so many people who say this. TBH if your guide is bad it will stay that way. If its good it will go up. People usually only troll downvote for new champs because they want their guide to be higher. Otherwise its because a guide is especially terrible. If you feel that your guide isnt getting the attention it deserves there are now LOTS of people who will review if you ask. If your really desperate you can get friends to vote as well, anyone with an internet connection. I know its frowned upon but if it REALLY is bad it WILL get DOWNVOTED. You can COUNT on that. If you have no downvotes, its easy to pass the top rated guide even if its at 83% after 1029 votes because after 10 straight upvotes youll be in the high 80's. Also dont QQ just because you get downvotes lol, it happens to the best of us.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 9:05pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Implying I understand the game and don't win more when I troll. :P

EDIT: It appears like I've already repped you today...

Rofl, trolololol ftw!

Darn :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide